1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

2010 Draft - Round 5, Pick 23, Overall Pick 154: Andrew Quarless

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by robdog, Apr 22, 2010.

1. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +306
    Packers picked Andrew Quarless for their forth pick in the draft. DISCUSS!

[​IMG]

Andrew Quarless (TE)
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 254 lbs.
    Arm Length: 34 in.
    Hand Size: 10 1/4 in.
    College: Penn State
    Conference: Big 10

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Just a guess, but I feel pretty confident nobody likes this pick.

3. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    A big ten tight end...iffy at best. I'd like to see what he does in pre-season before I judge this one. He could be a good backup if Finley goes down.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I feel like this might be the death of Donald Lee. If this guy performs halfway decent in camp/preseason, that is.

5. PackerBacker4Life

PackerBacker4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    guy has potential. creates matchup problems

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Both of this...

Still, I hate this pick. Hate it till proven otherwise. He's not gonna cover or rush the passer for us, and there's only one ball to be thrown, and we've got already 5 talented guys to receive.

If it was Hernandez, I wouldn't have minded. But I can't even remember this kid playing at PSU...

7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Well there was a run on for TE as we saw so TT probably figured this kid was not going to be available after a couple of picks? I didn't think we should've been picking a TE anyway.

8. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    zoltan mesko wasnt going to be around in the 6th so we shoulda drafted him in the second to make sure we got him

9. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    creates match up problems and was the leading receiving TE in PSU history, just character issues are the problem.

10. claybillings

claybillings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't mind it. You gotta have 2 TE's and Finley can't do it all. Whenever Lee gets a chance to make a big play, he drops the ball. I think this was a good move in the overall scheme of things, I just wish we could have gotten a CB or OLB

11. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    This is our only pick, other than maybe that RB starks, that I don't like very much. This was a reach, we dont have a glaring NEED at TE like other positions. HE doesnt have great production, not a great motor, since he would be the 2nd TE he would be mainly a blocking TE and he doesnt BLOCK.

12. MelrosE

MelrosE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed. TE is honestly probably the least of the needs we should be worried about, with Finley, Lee and Havner who I think will pan out to be much better than Lee and this Quarless kid.
    Waste of a pick, imo.

13. NICKBARNETT

NICKBARNETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    i agree its a reach but..... before we burn tt house down look at his stuff he runs a 4.58 40 time thats stupid fast for a te. ya i know some people will say 40 time doesnt matter but i wanna see him and finley in a two te set we would have the two most athletic te in league on the field at the same time.

THIS ALSO TELLS ME THE PACKERS WANT FINLEY TO BE OUT WIDE ALOT MORE LOOOK OUT CB'S

14. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    yeah, i just feel like there was a lot of TE's in this draft, and there were still some DB's left in that 5th round that might have covered more of a need in my opinion. No doubt about quarless' athletic ability, but all I am hearing is that he doesnt work hard on or off the field.

15. NICKBARNETT

NICKBARNETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    go to packers.com read the what he has to say about his second chance.

16. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Only gives our offense a better matchup problem which is nice but i wanted another pass rushing Olb but we got none but this guy Has potential and can only make are team better

17. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Quarless is a Finley clone. Well he has the potential to be anyways. I think he can get over the problems he had at PSU. After Paterno gave him another chance, Quarless stopped all the bullshit and got his act together. He had a really good senior season. Quarless is first round talent and fell because of his off the field issues. I think it's a great choice to take a chance on him, especially when he looks like he's gotten his life back on track. Like people have said beforehand, Finley and Quarless on the field together is gonna be one hell of a duo.

18. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Well, if he shows some flashes of Finley in him, I like the pick.

Still, he won't cover for us, but that's another issue...

19. Sunshine885500

Sunshine885500 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49
    I agree because the more weapons you have the more problems you create for the defense. This guy is player and in a 2 TE set he'll be excellent. Much better then either Hafner or Lee. Anyway, many of our picks weren't the sexy kinds that makes you say wow but just give them a chance,

20. NICKBARNETT

NICKBARNETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    like i said above i think we drafted him to be more of a true te, because i think finley will be out wide alot even more then the year before. lets face it nobody can cover finley....... bring it revis

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    There's only one person that can cover Finley...

Lucky for us, he wears the #21 in Green and Gold...

22. NICKBARNETT

NICKBARNETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    aint that the truth revis vs finley= finley jumps over revis for the catch

23. 21dmvp21

21dmvp21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    here is a good video on quarless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqhQW82fszw]YouTube - WHVL Blue White Tailgate 2009 report: Andrew Quarless[/ame]

24. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

Amen!!! :thumbsup:

25. callmejr69

callmejr69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im an LSU fan and I saw what this guy could do in the Capital One Bowl. Really not a bad pick up. Real athletic kid but struggles with consistency on and off the field. Maybe the Pack can get the most out of him. I think he can complement Finley real nicely.