2 Hometeams Go Down ...

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it. Chargers at home and SeaTurkeys at home ... one and done.

Is homefield advantage an oxymoron? Come on Pack, say it isn't so.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most interesting thing i noticed in these two games is the anouncers asking the same Question over and over. Is the best team going to advance in the payoffs or are the refs. going to control each drive and play a huge factor in which team advances??
The way they are cracking down on contact after five yards sure could make a huge difference in who advances and who stays home.

OP
OP
V

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ditto gottarace. During yesterday's game they posted a stat showing that certian NFL receivers are averaging 80-85 yards per game. The stat caused the announcers to add that "and all of these players are presently playing in the NFL."

I am like, "duh, hello." The no-contact-after-5 rule is gonna run this stat even higher. Even mediocre receivers will be able to average 80-85 yards per game.

Right now, if the O needs a 1st down the QB might as well put it up and hope for the call. No reception necessary ... don't even need a good pass. Just launch it and wait for the bump call.

I'm all for calling the hold. But the bump call is ridiculous. Used to be the defender had as much right to the ball as the receiver. The way the refs are calling games this year, that rule went out the window.

Let's hope the rules committee revisits this issue in the offseason. I don't think anyone wants the refs determining who wins or loses a game.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets hope that Carrol has learned it by now.He has had so many this season. But on the good side,the pack has only had 5 penalties each in the last 2 games.They have gotten alot better on that. :D

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to Schottenheimer.... NO SURPRISES..there!

But you would think a SuperBowl Coach could stop a losing streak that is the longest in NFL history... go figure!

Members online

Latest posts