We need a QB!!!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to really get good on D and really establish that O Line for our running game. As long as AR can stay healthy the Pack will be back. However, we need to eliminate the QB pressure to win games with the whole team. We're in need of some DB's for the future and another animal on the DL. Having some extra insurance on the OL is needed too. If AR does not pan out, we need to be ready to insert any serviceable QB with this system in place.

Out of curiosity, which O-Line position(s) most need beefing up? Are we talking Right Tackle? Left Tackle? Right or Left Guard? Center? Sure beefing up the O-line is almost always a great idea, but who do you look to replace? I'm thinking Guard, but I'm not sure if its a left or right guard we need more. Any thoughts?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone ready? I'm a PAck fan first, but having AR get hurt, regardless of how freakish of an injury it was still implants a bit of uncertainty in the back of your mind.

My mind? No. Your mind? Sure. I understand that.

But looking at it, they were freakish. I'd be ******** bricks if it was 2 elbow injuries on sacks or something, but...no...not even close.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

But looking at it, they were freakish. I'd be ******** bricks if it was 2 elbow injuries on sacks or something, but...no...not even close.

Once he plays a complete game and then returns to play another one the following week.. I will do a jig. :lol:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, which O-Line position(s) most need beefing up? Are we talking Right Tackle? Left Tackle? Right or Left Guard? Center? Sure beefing up the O-line is almost always a great idea, but who do you look to replace? I'm thinking Guard, but I'm not sure if its a left or right guard we need more. Any thoughts?

It depends on our ZBS. Currently I've seen the more traditional beefcake Cliffy having a hard time for 60 minutes pulling and cut blocking. Also RG was a revolving door. All of our OL has yet another year under their belt, so naturally we'll be better, but you never can rest. I wouldn't say replace, but Clifton does seem to be wearing down. He's a great pass protector but a bit shaky on runs. I'd have to say all the rotating we did last year out of necessity did not hone the skills of any one position. LG, C, and RT seemed to be the more dependalble. RG and LT seemed to have the most blown assignments, IMO, which of course means very little.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Is anyone ready? I'm a PAck fan first, but having AR get hurt, regardless of how freakish of an injury it was still implants a bit of uncertainty in the back of your mind.

My bad, let me rephrase how I intended......." back of ones mind". Not yours but I'd guess at least half of Packernations mind.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't matter who the starting QB is now, we need to have a solid backup QB.

With the exception of Peyton, no QB in the NFL has been able to stay on the field for every game the way Brett has. That means that we must have a solid backup and we need to carry 3 QBs. 1- Starter, 2- experienced backup, 3- developing QB. We have #1 and 2 in Rogers and Nall, so all we need now is #3. Not a big deal right now though since #3 is usually from the draft.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a veteran QB like Volek signed to push Nall for his spot.

GO PACK GO!!!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think I can agree with that, and there could be a few good Guards in the draft this year. I'm ot sure there is an OT worth going after to groom behind Clifton, not with where we currently pick.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
We were going to draft a QB someplace this draft anyway.. the only thing now is it might be a little bit earlier..

I am going to start the let's draft Josh Johnson slogan now..

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Actually it doesn't matter who the starting QB is now, we need to have a solid backup QB.

With the exception of Peyton, no QB in the NFL has been able to stay on the field for every game the way Brett has. That means that we must have a solid backup and we need to carry 3 QBs. 1- Starter, 2- experienced backup, 3- developing QB. We have #1 and 2 in Rogers and Nall, so all we need now is #3. Not a big deal right now though since #3 is usually from the draft.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a veteran QB like Volek signed to push Nall for his spot.

GO PACK GO!!!

I'm hoping we don't draft a QB this year and try and pick up Chase Daniel when he opts in the draft next year (I'm assuming).

I still like the idea of trading for Kurt Warner. This team is a bubble team and if we get into the playoffs I would like two guys behind centre I have confidence in to get us the big wins.

I like Volek, and he played really well in relief for San Diego, but their O-Line is quite a bit better than Packers so it is hard to say how well he would play in GB given the chance.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

GO PACK GO!!!

I'm hoping we don't draft a QB this year and try and pick up Chase Daniel when he opts in the draft next year (I'm assuming).

I still like the idea of trading for Kurt Warner. This team is a bubble team and if we get into the playoffs I would like two guys behind centre I have confidence in to get us the big wins.

I like Volek, and he played really well in relief for San Diego, but their O-Line is quite a bit better than Packers so it is hard to say how well he would play in GB given the chance.

I would love to have Chase Next year, but be realisitic, how high do you think he could go? top 3? No way do we draft a top 3 QB Next year unless A-Rod isn't the guy. I'd rather not wait to draft a QB, but I don't think we will do it in the 3rd or earlier either. Maybe someone like Chad Henne would be good here.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to have Chase Next year, but be realisitic, how high do you think he could go? top 3? No way do we draft a top 3 QB Next year unless A-Rod isn't the guy. I'd rather not wait to draft a QB, but I don't think we will do it in the 3rd or earlier either. Maybe someone like Chad Henne would be good here.

Colt Brennan in the 5th round. I called it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:
Bobby Roberts said:

GO PACK GO!!!

Round 2 tops. Troy Smith effect. Chase is probably 6 foot tops.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

According to wiki he is 6'0

I have a feeling he is going to drop in the draft as well as he is not the prototypical NFL QB. I don't watch much in the way of college ball, but I really like the scrambling style and his gunslinging ways. Maybe too short, but I like the passion.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
It's time to really get good on D and really establish that O Line for our running game. As long as AR can stay healthy the Pack will be back. However, we need to eliminate the QB pressure to win games with the whole team. We're in need of some DB's for the future and another animal on the DL. Having some extra insurance on the OL is needed too. If AR does not pan out, we need to be ready to insert any serviceable QB with this system in place.

consistency = quality on the O-line. We're going to need to replace Clifton fairly soon though.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
again with the injury prone thing?

he got FREAKING stepped on and broke his foot!! and STILL PLAYED

Yeah, getting 2 freak injuries makes him injury prone. :roll:

It's not as if he has chronic knee issues or elbow issues or something. I love when people overreact. It makes me giggle. I love to giggle.

TEE HEE!

TEE HEE??? C'mon Trom...that reminds me of Mr. Pickles. Please don't use TEE HEE, not today at least. Please...

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, no washed up vets who will want to start. I say we go with Rodgers and Nall - then draft someone in the 3-5 range based on who falls.

I don't see any reason this team would be better with Culpepper, Brooks or Leftwhich backing up Rodgers than Nall. And, there's a good chance you will see fireworks once these guys learn they are not the starter.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the starter. There will be no competition, it's his job. So Derek Anderson was never an option.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

According to wiki he is 6'0

I have a feeling he is going to drop in the draft as well as he is not the prototypical NFL QB. I don't watch much in the way of college ball, but I really like the scrambling style and his gunslinging ways. Maybe too short, but I like the passion.

Teams tend to list their players at a taller height than what they really are too so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in under 6 foot.

I wouldn't mind the pick in round 3 or something. It depends on his season this year too.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt that A-Rod is our guy, but let's be honest. He's not going to play 275 consecutive games.

We need a backup who can step in and prove to be as successful as Rodgers. I say we go for Andrew Walter / Daunte Culpepper / J.P. Losman.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
longtimefan said:
again with the injury prone thing?

he got FREAKING stepped on and broke his foot!! and STILL PLAYED

Yeah, getting 2 freak injuries makes him injury prone. :roll:

It's not as if he has chronic knee issues or elbow issues or something. I love when people overreact. It makes me giggle. I love to giggle.

TEE HEE!

TEE HEE??? C'mon Trom...that reminds me of Mr. Pickles. Please don't use TEE HEE, not today at least. Please...
Oh geez......talk about bad memories!!! :shock:
Ol' Pickle ****.
Glad HE'S not here.

Members online

Latest posts