Studs none duds all chargers

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What year was it back then when we went on the road to a winless Colts team and lost?
October 7 2012 the same week my wife left after 22 years that game was insult to injury
Also Nov 16 1997 against winless Colts Living in Indiana I remember before that game Tony Dungy said they would pass every play and that’s about what they did

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're speaking tongue in cheek, but let's establish now that I didn't say "all owners bend the rules", I said Kraft and Bellichick are snakes but that all teams (referring to incidents like deflategate), do get away with what they can.

Rule breaking obviously has zero to do with the improprieties that Kraft was engaged in.
Sooooo again, if the owner of the team is involved in something like he was, is it a classy organization?

Again, @ErIstGute stated that the owners daliances with sex trafficked prostitutes was not classy and therefore the organization is not classy.

There is no strawman argument that I see. You challenged him on that statement and in order to refute him as you want to you need to do 1 of the following:

• Convince that going to prostitutes is classy
  • Convince that sex trafficking is classy
  • Or convince that an owner's attitudes and activities is not a reflection of the organization.

Please note, explaining that other owners break rules was only challenging a part of his argument. You still need to explain the ********** portion.

Also, you have an actual shot at #3. I would avoid the first 2.

And for the record, I don't believe all teams get away with what they can. And I don't equate being classy as equivalent to successful.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooooo again, if the owner of the team is involved in something like he was, is it a classy organization?

Again, @ErIstGute stated that the owners daliances with sex trafficked prostitutes was not classy and therefore the organization is not classy.

There is no strawman argument that I see. You challenged him on that statement and in order to refute him as you want to you need to do 1 of the following:

• Convince that going to prostitutes is classy
  • Convince that sex trafficking is classy
  • Or convince that an owner's attitudes and activities is not a reflection of the organization.

Please note, explaining that other owners break rules was only challenging a part of his argument. You still need to explain the ********** portion.

Also, you have an actual shot at #3. I would avoid the first 2.

And for the record, I don't believe all teams get away with what they can. And I don't equate being classy as equivalent to successful.

I can't believe you are actually serious, Amish. I thought you were being sarcastic.

Can you show me the post where I "challenged him" on the statement that dallying with sex trafficked prostitutes is not a classy thing? Like, can you show me the statement I posted where I said that or even implied anything close to that in any way?

If not, then what in the hell are you even talking about?

This is my actual, unedited quote about Kraft:

Also, your reasoning for disqualifying the Patriots is silly. Kraft and Bellichick are snakes but every team bends the rules to the extent that they can get away with. Nor have we always been angels either, we had our own bounteygate program in the 90s, Mark Chmura had a pretty shady involvement with a 17 year old, and every team around has had dudes in trouble with the law.

Is New England worse than others, I dunno probably but to act like we are just better than all that is silly.

And you somehow turned that into me "challenging" someone on the classiness of human trafficking and sex prostitution. Give me a break.

Again, please show me how you possibly construed out of that that I think what Robert Kraft did is cool and classy.

My point about the Patriots "bending the rules" quite obviously had ZERO to do with his involvement with a ********** and I never even referenced the incident there. You're flat out lying when you say I challenged the point that dallying in trafficked sex prostitution is not classy. Knowing the kind of poster you have almost always been, I am shocked that you even went down that road.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This is my biggest criticism of Rodgers in recent years. It seems like every single game we have to burn at least two out of six timeouts because Rodgers has to avoid the penalty. Or in a lot of cases, we get penalized.

I've never understood why Rodgers is so loosie goosy with the play clock especially in 2nd halves when timeouts are ultra important. Huge flaw of his.

Wash your mouth out young man.....:eek:;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The subject is going off course here with the Kraft argument guys. Let`s drop that one please. It has no place in the studs and duds thread.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They have been caught cheating multiple times in the last 15 years. Their owner is involved in human trafficking and gets away with it. They most certainly are not.

Also, your reasoning for disqualifying the Patriots is silly. Kraft and Bellichick are snakes but every team bends the rules to the extent that they can get away with.
Do you really not get it? I will explain it again:

He said Patriots are not classy because the owner had sex with a sex trafficked **********. (See highlighted text)

You told him his reasoning is silly. ( See highlighted text)

Therefore you believe that it is silly to call Kraft classless because he had sex with a sex trafficked **********.

I am trying to understand why you are arguing with him. You sound like you think involvement with sex trafficked prostitutes is classy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robert Kraft is a classless, dirty old man. In no way did I intend to imply that his actions displayed class.

Are you satisfied? Can we let it go now?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
YES...PLEASE DROP THE SUBJECT. THANK YOU.

Agreed.

One loss and people are at each others throats! Someone get word to the Packers that unless they want to see a full on Road Warrior mentality in our forum, they better win against the Panthers!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did I see Z. Smith do a Gilbert Brown impersonation yesterday after a sack? Looked like the old "Grave Digger" celebration? Forgot just how BIG Gilbert was, until seeing this.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I see Z. Smith do a Gilbert Brown impersonation yesterday after a sack? Looked like the old "Grave Digger" celebration? Forgot just how BIG Gilbert was, until seeing this.

We could use some of that on the team right now. I was watching the Chiefs Vikings game yesterday and noticed that when their defense became gassed.. they were able to bring in their backup defensive linemen and keep going. I believe Mike Pennel was one of them. One of the biggest hazards of this bend, don’t break defense is that they are on the field way too much... I don’t think we are deep enough to sustain that.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a winnable game considering Rivers inability to throw TD's. The offensive line was a major dud IMO. With Rodgers under pressure the way he was we had no chance. I'm not sure if LaFleur tried slowing down the rush with the offensive scheme (2 TE, FB in to pass block,etc) as I missed the first half. The next dud is Gute... we don't have the horses at WR that would allow for quick short throws to again limit the pass rush. He attempted to bolster the WR corps by signing Ryan Grant who I have yet to see make any difference.
We only ran the ball 11 times (one was a Rodgers scramble). If you're trying to keep your QB upright, you'd think we'd have ran more.
Lastly, Rodgers hypertargeting of Adams (11) at the expense of others is still very telling (to me, as I've thought for a long time that Rodgers needs to open up who he is providing opportunities to). MVS has shown he can be a productive receiver with regular targets for example. He got two. You'd think they would try to ease Adams back in, but no - 11 targets. Something needs to change and I don't think it will.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my biggest criticism of Rodgers in recent years. It seems like every single game we have to burn at least two out of six timeouts because Rodgers has to avoid the penalty. Or in a lot of cases, we get penalized.

I've never understood why Rodgers is so loosie goosy with the play clock especially in 2nd halves when timeouts are ultra important. Huge flaw of his.

Yes, why does it take forever for us to get the damn ball snapped? This has been an issue with the LAST coaching staff so I have a feeling this is a big problem for AR for some reason. Drives me crazy. There is no good reason for the play clock to go down to zero all the time and give pass rushers like Bosa a head start.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a problem everywhere. Watch other games, watch other teams burn silly timeouts. Watch the silly challenges. Watch the play clock roll down.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure about every coach gives that speech after a loss. What speech would you give? The "it's okay because we did our best" speech?
I would give the "we really are not a complete team and can't be relied on in any given game" speech. I would follow it up with the "some of us didn't come to play today and should be traded for used equipment" speech. This team needs to have a fire lit under them if they are to make the playoffs(playoffs? Did You Say...Playoffs??)

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers made some comments today about the decisions players made with the 48 hours in LA. Reading between the lines could mean that a bunch of players went out and partied.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why, is that a problem?

- Max McGee

A w there would have really helped with securing home field. Now it puts in question whether this team is legit or not. That's what happens when you lay a dud against a beatable opponent.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are no doubt a lot of lessons to be learned from this one loss. It doesn't help our overall record, even though it was an AFC game that we lost.

Next comes CAR, and with our poor tackling and inability to stop the run, I have reservations about our coming out of this next game with a W, unless they really clean up their act. Gaffes Galore. We've got to stop Christian McCaffery, et al. There was so much wrong in our LAC game, winning this next one looks more and more difficult. If LaFleur can pull this rabbit out of his hat, he will have earned it.

Members online

No members online now.