Studs n duds chargers

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would name a few of the Chargers as Packer studs as well as the melted Tundra itself.
Normally I see several players slipping. But I only saw Eckler slipping. And he slipped twice. The one close to the endzone was big. Bad things happen when the play doesn't run smoothly. Were other people slipping?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also you have to look at how short changed he of course started the year in snaps.

He come has routinely separated and found soft spots in coverage I argue more than anyone in GB this year.

This WR room is so young, yet multiple of them are growing immensely. Honestly, that room is beginning to get really interesting.

He actually beats man coverage at one of the highest rates in the NFL.

Wicks, Reed, Doubs, and Watson along with Musgrave and Kraft are NFL pass catchers with exciting potential

Reaction score
I honestly think a deebo type player isn’t what they need, honestly Reed is used in a very similar fashion more and more and I think Sunday was an evolution of that.

Now I wouldn’t be against it but truthfully o am not sure the WR is where skill position wise I’m worried most as it all progresses more and more.

Bowers is a legit all purpose TE that is blue chip caliber he would be the hardest skill position pass early and is a position I worry more about since we lose Deguara (not massive loss at this point) and Kraft is slowly progressing and last game arguable was his best in blocking.

I also put RB above as Jones is hitting the age wall and fiscally is contract is nuts, Dillon is a RB2 at best and I worry won’t sign for that though and Goodson and Wilson both will be coming off injury.

I look at WR as mid draft on a high single trait guy you see growth in….like a Tory Horton from CSU or maybe that Louisville kid that is escaping me at the moment.

I do though like you said see us being minimal spenders in FA, we’ve swallowed one big fiscal pill but if Bakh and Jones are both done, we may as any to be smart and not deplete it all for a carry over into the post 2024 time frame when a TON of team decisions come to a head.
I’m not opposed to Bowers at all,
but I’m not convinced he’s definitively worth a top 10 selection either. For GB specifically, He’s a guy I’m in at mid Day 1 if he’s there (at the earliest) Plus, I’d rather go after the best top LT or WR or maybe maybe CB.
We just invested heavy at TE I don’t like the overlapping. We both knew our guys needed time at TE. I think we will all be pleased with both TE’s by this time next year and beyond. I can see using a mid rounder on a 3rd TE that specializes in blocking.
I do like your earlier idea about WR Nabers or equivalent. The crop at WR is thick in Day1-2 so we can grab someone in that top 100 also. Lots of good RBs coming out also Braelon, Jonathan, Blake to name a few

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure that Chargers fans are still bemoaning all of the dropped passes, the angle of the sun, the Lambeau turf, and everything else that let them down on Sunday. We did a lot of good things to win, but definitely need the help of the Chargers.

I want my mental fantasy to stay intact of Green Bay drafting Marvin Harrison Jr.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not opposed to Bowers at all,
but I’m not convinced he’s definitively worth a top 10 selection either. For GB specifically, He’s a guy I’m in at mid Day 1 if he’s there (at the earliest) Plus, I’d rather go after the best top LT or WR or maybe maybe CB.
We just invested heavy at TE I don’t like the overlapping. We both knew our guys needed time at TE. I think we will all be pleased with both TE’s by this time next year and beyond. I can see using a mid rounder on a 3rd TE that specializes in blocking.
I do like your earlier idea about WR Nabers or equivalent. The crop at WR is thick in Day1-2 so we can grab someone in that top 100 also. Lots of good RBs coming out also Braelon, Jonathan, Blake to name a few

Oh I still believe from a roster structure build a Cade Stover or a Brevyn Spann-Ford in the third or fourth, because we will need someone most likely...unless Sims keeps progressing.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure that Chargers fans are still bemoaning all of the dropped passes, the angle of the sun, the Lambeau turf, and everything else that let them down on Sunday. We did a lot of good things to win, but definitely need the help of the Chargers.

I want my mental fantasy to stay intact of Green Bay drafting Marvin Harrison Jr.
They're not fans of the purple,,so shouldn't be too much whining or excuses.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I see several players slipping. But I only saw Eckler slipping. And he slipped twice. The one close to the endzone was big. Bad things happen when the play doesn't run smoothly. Were other people slipping?
I finally got to see the entire game on replay on the NFL Network this afternoon and I don't recall anyone else slipping. I thought Lambeau's turf looked pretty good for this time of year.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the dropped passes by the Chargers' receivers was their ultimate undoing Sunday.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But missing an x-tra point and FG on Sunday? It almost cost us like it did in Pitt (I too do not blame him for the block but it put us behind the 8 ball).
When MM kind of lost confidence in Crosby over 50 he started punting or going for it.