Studs??? and duds Frisco

D

Deleted member 6794

Even when we had time in the pocket, it is almost like the preference is take a sack over a dump pass to the RB slipping out for a few yards. On a night where literally we suck, take those short passes and see what happens. Moving forward a yard is always better than a sack.

Rodgers didn't have anyone to throw to for most of the night. In addition the offensive line could hardly protect him for more than two seconds.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: 1)AR, MLF deer in headlights look. Not a good sign. I know it's still early, but MMurphy might've whiffed on MLF. He just doesn't look like he's got that killer instinct.
2)All teams are targeting KK and for good reason.
3)Graham is not what he used to be. Saints were smart. We should've kept and paid Cook.
4)49'rs defensive speed was evident. We looked slow and overpowered
5)Linsley stays relatively healthy and dependable, but need more power at center.
6)Obviously, special teams is an albatross and needs an upgrade.
7)Could be Bulaga's last year, but I'm thinking our right tackle is on the PS.(Nijman)
8)Where's Waldo? R.Gary?
9)Many holes to fill yet and we'll be drafting in the lower third, so FA is a must.

Studs: The Smith's
The left side of our defense. Teams rarely attack it.
Any coaching changes must be a huge upgrade.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds: 1)AR, MLF deer in headlights look. Not a good sign. I know it's still early, but MMurphy might've whiffed on MLF. He just doesn't look like he's got that killer instinct.

Geez, MLF has won eight of his first 11 games as a rookie head coach. There's no reason to consider him a bust based on a single blowout loss.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud, the biggest dud: Rodgers.

There were receivers who were open enough. The pass rush was tremendous, but AR needs to take that into account. He can't move around as he once did.

But the biggest dud on him is after the failed 4th down in the first half and he looks over at MLF with a scowl and a 'see I told you so' look on his face. I expect that kind of leadership from Cutler.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is another one on Gute, drafts a safety instead of WR help which many of us were clamouring for... I for one wanted Samuel. Sure enough, he roasts us for a TD. Their d-line is amazing in San Francisco, that said, the staff had TWO WEEKS to prepare for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it took until the second half to put Lewis out there helping to block Bosa. WTF were Pettine and LaFleur doing the last two weeks? Getting their eyebrows waxed? Why does Rodgers fumble every time he's touched? We need to draft his replacement. Rodgers needs competition to light a fire under his ***. Holding onto the ball too long and fumbling when he's touched is just getting embarrassing.

I think Rogers panics when he is being rushed. I feel the team focus is on his wellbeing. The focus is on not getting hurt. Holding onto the ball is a close 2nd focus, so the ball comes out. He looks worried on most plays. I'm for drafting someone like him or Favre in 2020. He is still the best, just a lot slower, banged up and longevity is his focus.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, MLF has won eight of his first 11 games as a rookie head coach. There's no reason to consider him a bust based on a single blowout loss.
I don't disagree, but you can tell a lot by the look on a man's face when adversity hits. I hope I'm wrong, just a gut feeling.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read 'MLF' as '****' every single time.

At least Kenny Clark is playing better of late. Darnell Savage hopefully can get his act together, hasn't made many big plays recently.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Those of you who actually think this is me still a SB team. Give me a break haha.

Studs: Those of us who don’t.

Lower your expectations and you won’t be disappointed as much when these dudes come out and play like this. They don’t have a #2 or #3 wr, the D ends are trash, the ILBs are trash, they don’t get much production from the Tightend position, they can’t run block, the special teams suck, the return game sucks, MLF isn’t a good play designer at all nor can he adjust, and they’ve wasted so many picks on a defense who’s best players happen to be free agent pickups.

If they don’t get home field In the playoffs, they will get beat the 1st rd.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Studs; Uh... the Niners

Duds; Packers playing in California and looking terrible again this year. Me for thinking halftime corrections would have the team fired up and making a big comeback in the second half....

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Smiths are the only studs on the whole team. Both delivered as usual but where the only ones. You can make a case for Jaire and Tramon cuz they played solid too but thats it.

The defense actually was decent in the first half. The TD is completely on the offense and otherwise it was "just" two FGs. They had them kind of under control until the 2nd half happened.
It seems like Pettine gets way to conservative with the whole bend-but-dont-break defense. It may work on mediocre- good teams because the defense is really good in the RZ but elite teams like the 9ers are feasting on that. The defense seems to be so much better when playing man/press and gets burned on every snap where they go zone. I know that you cant go man all game but come on.

Kevin King is the worst CB on the team right now. He is the biggest weakness besides Martinez in coverage and Teams pick on it all game long. Dude is 3 yards behind the WR on every throw. Its insane. I wonder what JJ did because he cant be worse than King.
The lack of snaps for Burks is mindblowing. He is the only guy on the roster who has the skillset to keep up with TEs and yet gets no snaps. TEs are killing the defense every game and Pettine cant adjust to it. If the used personnel doesnt work on certain things, maybe use the guys you dont play. It can only get better.
Keke also gets nearly no snaps which is mindblowing too. He always seemed decent when he is on.

The Offense was a complete failure. Rodgers looked like Trubisky, the OL had huge problems, running game was non-existent, WRs dropped every pass and the playcalling was bad.No player or coach delivered. I would need to write a huge essay to list every mistake but its easier to say that the whole offense came completely unprepared and unfocuses. There was no aggressivness or creativity. No adjustments were made and the team had no urgency to at least attempt a comeback. The TD drive was nice to see but taking 8 minutes off the clock while being 22 points done is stupid. MLF has to go back to the playcall during Adams' injury time. They split the reps between every player on the offense and it worked extremely well. Its a mystery why they dont go back to this.
One thing that was better than usual were the flags. They did not hurt themselves much with DOG and holding flags. But sadly the refs took that part and completely screwed the Packers in the first half. That still is no excuse for this embarrassment.

Something interesting to see is that Chargers and 9ers ran a similar defense against us and the offense was completely shut down. Brett Kollmann, a really good analyst stated that on twitter. They need to find something against it. I am no X and Os guy so I dont know what the answer might be but there has to be something.

Dont get me started on special teams. This unit most be on pace to be the worst STs unit in the history of the NFL. That happens when you go cheap on STs. I really want Zook back. Under him you at least had the feeling that a bigger return can happen. Under Mennenga I dont even look at the returns. The blocking is the worst I have ever witnessed in my live and somehow JK-47 cant hit a ball properly although he has one of the best legs in the league.

This team is still a good team. But they are not nearly as good as many fans and experts thought they are/ can be. The schedule seems forgiving now but I dont see the Packers win the Division. Vikings are too good for that and I am kind of scared for week 16 matchup in US-Bank stadium.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I thought Aaron Rodgers played his worst game of the season. I understand that he was under constant duress, and that at times guys couldn't get open, but there were several occasions he just made some really lousy throws. And poor decisions.

The defense held up about as well as you could expect especially early on.

What's really troubling to me is that, in games like the Chargers and 49ers, LaFleur has shown an inability to adjust to what's happening right in front of him. Why didn't we go more hurry up to negate their pass rush? Why the weak 4th and 1 handoff? He had absolutely no answers and made zero adjustments throughout the game. That's troubling.

Just like the Chargers game, the energy and 'juice' as Rodgers likes to call it just wasn't there. And that's a dangerous thing that seems to be turning into a trend.

Rodgers last night just didn't have that laser focus. He didn't have that killer instinct, or that 'look in his eye' for lack of a better way of putting it. I want to see the assassin. I want to see the guy that said 'r-e-l-a-x'. I want to see the guy that basically said damnit we're going to run the table, and play like the guy who's the best MFing quarterback in the NFL.

Last night, I just didn't see it.

He and LaFleur need to figure this thing out. Because in my opinion, they are the two most culpable for last night. There were a lot of issues, but it's nothing that a few adjustments, and more focus/leadership couldn't have fixed to at least make the game more competitive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The defense came to play, but wore down with the constant punting from the offense. King seriously blew it on the long touchdown.

They demonstrated in flashes that they could move the ball on SF, but they needed to stay on schedule and avoid the 3rd and longs. Bad passes, dropped passes, penalties, and bad calls/non-calls prevented that from happening.

Ugly, ugly game. But 8-3 nonetheless, with a nice slate of games coming up in which they can get right.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what they were going to adjust to, get the ball out quick and they were absolutely smothering everything. That's if he even had time to throw that. Our run game never really started. had a couple nice runs, had more than a couple that went absolutely no where. Couldn't connect on a deep ball to change field position, get something started, loosen the defense, nothing. How many 3rd an longs were there?

With the guys we have, i'm not sure what was going to work with how they were playing vs how we played on offense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't know what they were going to adjust to, get the ball out quick and they were absolutely smothering everything. That's if he even had time to throw that. Our run game never really started. had a couple nice runs, had more than a couple that went absolutely no where. Couldn't connect on a deep ball to change field position, get something started, loosen the defense, nothing. How many 3rd an longs were there?

With the guys we have, i'm not sure what was going to work with how they were playing vs how we played on offense.

The Packers don't have the personnel for quick game and YAC. That will need to be a focus in the off-season.

D

Deleted member 6794

The lack of snaps for Burks is mindblowing. He is the only guy on the roster who has the skillset to keep up with TEs and yet gets no snaps. TEs are killing the defense every game and Pettine cant adjust to it. If the used personnel doesnt work on certain things, maybe use the guys you dont play. It can only get better.

Dont get me started on special teams. This unit most be on pace to be the worst STs unit in the history of the NFL. That happens when you go cheap on STs. I really want Zook back. Under him you at least had the feeling that a bigger return can happen. Under Mennenga I dont even look at the returns. The blocking is the worst I have ever witnessed in my live and somehow JK-47 cant hit a ball properly although he has one of the best legs in the league.

Burks doesn't receive any snaps because the coaching staff doesn't consider his skill set to be suited to cover tight ends. While the special teams have mostly been terrible this season there's no reason to bring back Zook.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: the niners for putting that game away in the first half so i could watch something else and just check my phone once in a while.
Duds: everyone but especially the offense. What an embarrassment. I can handle losing to a good team, but not when you're not even a little competitive. Looking like a wild card or divisional round exit again this year.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burks doesn't receive any snaps because the coaching staff doesn't consider his skill set to be suited to cover tight ends. While the special teams have mostly been terrible this season there's no reason to bring back Zook.

But the current personnel cant handle any TE in the league and Burks gets no snaps to show if he can do it. At least give him some snaps to see if he can do it or not. They have to do something against this and "ignoring" personnel doesnt help there even if they dont seem to perform that well in training etc. It cant get worse than this.

Same goes for STs. Zook will be an improvement over Mennenga and I never thought that I would ever say that. Mennenga has to be out after this season.

txj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again not convinced about MLF. Game confirmed what I always thought was a lightweight coach.
Team has been unconvincing against top opposition...

Knew we would lose this game; I had zero doubts about it going in...

As I think we will struggle vs the Vikings and Lions...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Game confirmed what I always thought was a lightweight coach.
Do you have any posts here to prove this insight?

...checking...

Just as I thought, 11 posts in your history, none since early last season, every post a gripe or vent of some type.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While not shocked honestly, still felt like a nut shot watching this game.

Stud(s): Z. Smith played exceptionally well...honestly the defense as a whole for SF nearly always getting the ball at mid field did quite well, especially in that first half.

*Honorable mention for Alex Light. Bulaga wasn't doing any better and Alex thrust into the game against one of (if not THE) best defensive front did admirably despite being grossly outgunned.

Duds: The biggest for me has gotta be MLF and Aaron. It was like the same mood, and plan the entire game without change. We need a hurry up or change of pace or something. Even when we had time in the pocket, it is almost like the preference is take a sack over a dump pass to the RB slipping out for a few yards. On a night where literally we suck, take those short passes and see what happens. Moving forward a yard is always better than a sack.
Agree with most of what you say but the dump passes were not getting us anything. And since they were watching those so closely; someone should have been able to get open. imho or send the back out ten yards.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with most of what you say but the dump passes were not getting us anything. And since they were watching those so closely; someone should have been able to get open. imho or send the back out ten yards.

I don't entirely disagree....I also at times just wanted us to hoist up a few jump balls.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
same old packers, without Rodgers are we better than the dolphins? jets?, no. do we have any coach that has a clue? they had 2 weeks to prepare for this one.

Two weeks of preparation won't help if the other team is a lot better than you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't a good offensive plan and was even worse in its execution. I don't believe the 9er's are THAT much better. Kind of reminds when we opened the year in Seattle and nothing worked. We were a much better team than we showed that day, just like they're better than what they showed last night.

They have to learn from it though.

txj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have any posts here to prove this insight?

...checking...

Just as I thought, 11 posts in your history, none since early last season, every post a gripe or vent of some type.

I don't have to post my views to actually hold those views, hence they are called insights.

Perhaps you should first google the word rather than search for my posts...