Studs??? and duds Frisco

Reaction score
LeRoy needs to become the Secondary coach. :D

Makes me think the Safeties are too concerned about the short middle, that they are loosing deep containment.
Kittle should’ve had someone man to man at all times and in all scenarios. That should’ve been a plan all along. There’s that 1 player on most teams that should be shadowed 100%. The McCaffrey types. That’s like the 49ers letting Davante run free, totally unheard of.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kittle should’ve had someone man to man at all times and in all scenarios. That should’ve been a plan all along. There’s that 1 player on most teams that should be shadowed 100%. The McCaffrey types. That’s like the 49ers letting Davante run free, totally unheard of.

Couldn't agree more. I said it way before the game, if Kittle plays, we are in trouble. The Packers defense has let TE's hurt them most of the year and I just don't understand the defensive philosophy behind putting a LB on them or someone like Kittle, as you said, not constantly being shadowed by a DB. I alluded to it in another post, after I saw Leroy Butler's breakdown of the big Kittle TD after we had scored, the Packer defense just lost him completely. I still think this is the secondary covering too much for the ILB's and the D-line's deficiencies. Fix the D-line and ILB positions and the Secondary can concentrate on what they need to, covering TE's and WR's.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention we were ranked #32 in 4th down attempt success and playing one of the best D fronts in the league if not the last decade. Even had we converted it didn’t necessarily equate to a TD.

Now had we worked our way down to the 1 yard line? Yeah I’m absolutely going for the TD or pinning them on their goal line and putting 8 in the box and sending 6 on a blitz.
Makes sense but I would still take into consideration the score. Three cases: if the field goal puts us up by two scores or if the field goal takes us back to one score; I take the 3. Also, if it looks to be a hard fought game; I take the 3. Just don't like underestimating the three points.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Tramon bashing is nuts because he plays a really good season. Being invisible is more like a compliment for a DB because that means that you got your side under control. Criticise King, not Tramon. The old man played solid. I agree that they shouldnt draft another DB, FA is the way to go here although I am not sure how the FA class will be.

9ers defense is that good but Packers offense isnt that good either. The WRs are trash, outside Adams, and for some reason MLF and Rodgers completely ignore Aaron Jones, the guy that saved the Packers in october while Adams was injured. Its insane how they cant get a good offense while having a good OL, Davante Adams, Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. The offense isnt loaded but there are weapons. They just dont use them properly
I agree about Tramon. I have been pleasantly surprised. But our receivers are not trash. They just have to be considered during the play. Some of them are coming open.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I said it way before the game, if Kittle plays, we are in trouble. The Packers defense has let TE's hurt them most of the year and I just don't understand the defensive philosophy behind putting a LB on them or someone like Kittle, as you said, not constantly being shadowed by a DB. I alluded to it in another post, after I saw Leroy Butler's breakdown of the big Kittle TD after we had scored, the Packer defense just lost him completely. I still think this is the secondary covering too much for the ILB's and the D-line's deficiencies. Fix the D-line and ILB positions and the Secondary can concentrate on what they need to, covering TE's and WR's.
Agreed, and especially so for the ILB group. When was the last time we had a real force at ILB? I can’t remember. Martinez is a tackling machine, but who cares if the tackles are all mostly for gains? I’m still sore that Gluten didn’t try to move up and grab Devin Bush, and going back further, that GB decided Kevin King was more valuable than TJ Watt.

Bottom line for me is still mostly upbeat. I doubt few of us here would have predicted an 8-3 record coming into week 12. Yeah, that’s cold comfort as Rodgers gets another year older. Maybe this offseason Gluten can focus on the O - specifically, Guards, Tackles, WRs, and for God’s sake a TE! Along the way, grab an impact ILB.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Members online

No members online now.