Studs??? and duds Frisco

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the current personnel cant handle any TE in the league and Burks gets no snaps to show if he can do it. At least give him some snaps to see if he can do it or not. They have to do something against this and "ignoring" personnel doesnt help there even if they dont seem to perform that well in training etc. It cant get worse than this.

Same goes for STs. Zook will be an improvement over Mennenga and I never thought that I would ever say that. Mennenga has to be out after this season.

I agree with your first paragraph but not the 2nd. I'm not pleased with our current ST coach but bring back Zook? No thanks.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: That`s all I`m gonna say !
I'm not sure why you act surprised every time I criticize Rodgers. I've said it many times in the past, I call it like I see it. Always have. Always will. He's not perfect, just like no one else is perfect.

I'm not going to throw up flowers and run underneath them and pretend like he never makes mistakes. But I'm also not going to act like some that are on this forum and bash him every chance that I get, while refusing to say anything positive about his performance.

Not mentioning any names, even though it'd be easier that way. But there's more than a few that fit that description.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not sure why you act surprised every time I criticize Rodgers. I've said it many times in the past, I call it like I see it. Always have. Always will. He's not perfect, just like no one else is perfect.

I'm not going to throw up flowers and run underneath them and pretend like he never makes mistakes. But I'm also not going to act like some that are on this forum and bash him every chance that I get, while refusing to say anything positive about his performance.

Not mentioning any names, even though it'd be easier that way. But there's more than a few that fit that description.

I`m just yanking your chain bud. No offence intended honestly.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Overall, this feels like our 15-1 season after the superbowl, albeit we won't be 15-1. Lots of talk prior to this game about our success and how great the team CAN be, but then we see a dud like this. I think we'll roll over our next few opponents and get smoked by someone in the playoffs. Maybe we win one home game if we get the division. But this team has serious flaws.

ILB - this needs retooling like how our OLB's were retooled.
WR - we need a serious influx of talented receivers, or we need a free agent.
O-line - we need more protection for Rodgers. Bulaga is held together by band-aids.

I think our next draft should be HEAVILY in favor of the above positions.
To me, this feels more like 2015 than 2011. We started 6-0 in 2015, despite some really glaring deficiencies on offense. Defense was solid in comparison to other years (like this one). Honestly, last night felt a lot like the Cardinals game in the 2015 regular season where we got molly whopped as well. We did however play them much tougher in the playoff game.

For this year's team to have more success than 2015, we're going to have to see quite a bit of improvement down the stretch.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I had to open a window last night for some fresh air during the game, I swear I heard Vince's voice coming down from above!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Any Packers fan who watched that piece of SH*T game last night.

Duds: Everyone inside of 1265 Lombardi that draws a pay check as a member of the team or coaching or player personnel.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud, the biggest dud: Rodgers.

There were receivers who were open enough. The pass rush was tremendous, but AR needs to take that into account. He can't move around as he once did.

But the biggest dud on him is after the failed 4th down in the first half and he looks over at MLF with a scowl and a 'see I told you so' look on his face. I expect that kind of leadership from Cutler.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give MLF credit for pulling Rogers. Rodgers is not "his"pick. Rogers was great and still is the best, but he has lost ability due to injury and age.

Rogers has proven himself. He hates getting hit at his age. I would too. We need him in one piece. I'm ok with him being rattled by pass rush.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
MLF staff had 2 weeks to prepare, what’s not excusable is MLF has a relation with the staff at SF and should have been prepared to deal with whitewash coming and he and his coaches were not, SF has a very good team, and beat the brakes off the Packers, but playoffs are another thing, I will never give up on our chances to go deep in the playoffs but the nonsense that was last night has to stop, the players are well compensated to perform much better than what we saw,Jimmy is a flop time to release him and next man up...no more we have to get better excuses..

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF staff had 2 weeks to prepare, what’s not excusable is MLF has a relation with the staff at SF and should have been prepared to deal with whitewash coming and he and his coaches were not, SF has a very good team, and beat the brakes off the Packers, but playoffs are another thing, I will never give up on our chances to go deep in the playoffs but the nonsense that was last night has to stop, the players are well compensated to perform much better than what we saw,Jimmy is a flop time to release him and next man up...no more we have to get better excuses..

I think this offensive scheme needs reconsideration as well. You have to scheme your WR's open, where is Adams in the slot? Where are the short quick passes, why is Rodgers holding the ball too long. Part of it is his style, but some of it is the players and the scheme. We can't all of a sudden change out who we have, so try to optimize their use for frick sakes. Graham had a good catch and run, but he still looks like he has lead in his boots when he runs. Tonyan needs more snaps!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't have to post my views to actually hold those views, hence they are called insights.

Perhaps you should first google the word rather than search for my posts...

While I get what you are saying, don't you think that if you are only going to share these wonderful insights after the fact, that doing so comes across as nothing but someone pretending to be Nostradamus and a know it all? As well as in your case, a Negative Nancy. What insights have you had that turned out to be incorrect? Besides challenging Poppa of course. ;)

Come share your insights before they happen, you might enlighten and impress us all!

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have to post my views to actually hold those views, hence they are called insights.

Perhaps you should first google the word rather than search for my posts...
While I agree with you, you have to understand that most people in a Packer forum are not going to give you much credibility if the only things you post are negative criticisms about the team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I get what you are saying, don't you think that if you are only going to share these wonderful insights after the fact, that doing so comes across as nothing but someone pretending to be Nostradamus and a know it all? What insights have you had that turned out to be incorrect? Besides challenging Poppa of course. ;)

Come share your insights before they happen, you might enlighten and impress us all!
lmao I guess I should have waited a few more moments to let you post what was in my brain.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard to throw to open receivers when you are running for your life.

I have a feeling if they put a camera on MFL he was scowling too. The HAVE to scrap that play in that situation. It has failed big time 2 games in a row. We got away with it against Carolina because their D isn't as good as SF's. If you are gonna try to run for the line to gain like that put a FB back there to lead block. Not taking the points and getting stuffed at the LOS there gave SF more momentum than they already had. :tdown:
It was the wrong call, they should have kicked a FG. It was the wrong play. Quick pitch to the perimeter. The DL is their strength, don't play to it. Get the ball wide.

But the biggest problem is AR's attitude. I'm telling you, it's the reason Cutler failed as a QB was his poor leadership. You have to be positive and encouraging to the team. If your coach makes a mistake roll with it. Don't be all moody. If he questions the leadership all players will. That's a certain recipe for team failure. Suck it up an be a leader.

If he would do quick passes he wouldn't be running for his life. Against their pass rush he can't hold the ball for 3 seconds. He has to make a quick read and throw, 1.5 seconds.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was all for the 4th down attempt against Carolina. Not last night. Different circumstances.

hadn’t moved the ball on offense up to that drive at all. On the road against a great defense. And our defense was doing a really good job. Get those first points and put the D back out there to make a stop.

Kenosha Joe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Tramon was mostly invisible again. How many tackles so far this year? Maybe he should cover someone for once and help our the other defensive backs. With Tramon in there it's like playing defense with only 10 men. Where is the veteran skills and knowledge?
Advice find defensive backs in free agency after they have proven themselves lIke Amos.. (not Tramon). Don't waste another draft pick, although Savage and Alexander are OK. But look at all the busts we have had with high draft picks.

Martinez can tackle that's his strength. Thank you. Not his fault that we need a linebacker next to him that has speed to cover.

Is the offense that bad or is San Francisco defense that good? No trickery with our play calling. Gheez always snapping the ball with no time left. Did Graham play at all?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really confused about JK Scott. The guy was an absolute stud through the first seven games. He was averaging 49.2 yards a punt. Maybe that wasn't sustainable, but he has plummeted. The last four games he has averaged 36.5. The weather was perfect last night.

Not our biggest problem, and punting wouldn't have made much a difference last night, but I'm a little concerned.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was all for the 4th down attempt against Carolina. Not last night. Different circumstances.

hadn’t moved the ball on offense up to that drive at all. On the road against a great defense. And our defense was doing a really good job. Get those first points and put the D back out there to make a stop.
I gave it an agree... but for the record... wanted them to take the points in the Carolina game as well.

Members online

No members online now.