Sherrod's Training Camp

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really pulling for this kid. And what a boost it would be if he could turn into a legitimate player. I like Bahk but Sherrod was taken in the 1st Rd for a reason, hopefully he can leave the injuries in the past.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It would be fantastic if Sherrod challenges Bakhtiari for the starting LT spot, even if he doesn't win it. Dare we dream to have both Sherrod and Bulaga healthy for an entire season?!

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be fantastic if Sherrod challenges Bakhtiari for the starting LT spot, even if he doesn't win it. Dare we dream to have both Sherrod and Bulaga healthy for an entire season?!

I bet having 2 1st Rd picks back on the offensive line would make it look alot better.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy if we could use Sherrod as a backup, to hell with having him start. (I don't think he'll unseat Bak. Too much time sitting on the bench.)

If Sherrod just improves enough to be one of the seven best (Barlcay being the other,) we'd be be set on game day. Barclay backing up C through RT, Sherrod backing up the left side.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With young 20 year olds, you know that they all have talent. What you really hope for is that they get their heads in the right place before they get consumed by the game. In the case of someone like Sherrod, he's had three years to essentially study the playbook, sit in meetings, and let the game come to him. At this point it should mostly be the physical side of the game he needs to regain. I'd be saddened if he wasted all of this time instead of mentally preparing to come in and dominate his opponents.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
With young 20 year olds, you know that they all have talent. What you really hope for is that they get their heads in the right place before they get consumed by the game. In the case of someone like Sherrod, he's had three years to essentially study the playbook, sit in meetings, and let the game come to him. At this point it should mostly be the physical side of the game he needs to regain. I'd be saddened if he wasted all of this time instead of mentally preparing to come in and dominate his opponents.
Sounds like A-rodg. Hopefully we get the same results.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been pointed out in the past, Sherrod had the same injury and complications that Mike Flanagan suffered in 1996. Flanagan missed 2 seasons; started playing in 1998 and became a starter at center in 2001. He was a pro-bowler in 2003. I would love it if the same thing happens with Sherrod, the only guy on the team with Clifton's size. I was always impressed with how much bigger Clifton was on the field when he was playing.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am very excited hearing about Sherrod and his progress. Better having him as a swing tackle then Newhouse. IMO he is already better and has more upside then Newhouse.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More good reviews of Sherrod today, JS writers are surprised over how strong he looks. Though he needs a lot of camp and game experience I expect Sherrod to seize one of our starting OT positions. Don't bet against someone who has shown the kind of grit this kid has shown to come back from that kind of injury.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only way he seizes a starting OT gig, IMHO, is if TT can steal a HIGH draft pick for one of our '15 FA OT's (Bulaga or Barclay). I don't see that happening, and Sherrod is also a FA after '14 season since TT didn't exercise the 5th year option on him ... so TT's got some decisions to make a month from now. As usual, injuries WILL factor in.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga hasn't been able to stay healthy since he's been here, Bakhtiari might not develop the way the staff hoped and Barclay was just a guy out there.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO it would be a huge plus if Sherrod became a legit starting LT. That would mean the Packers have three legit starting OTs on their roster and IMO a legit backup RT who is better suited for OG in Barclay.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Man. How a week changes everything. just a week ago people were on here saying we have questions on the O-line and I was told it wasn't deep. Now were talking about trading guys and starting Sherrod. lol. Well be fine at center. Fellow players are already noticing Lindsey's ability. This is the deepest and best O-line Campen has had.

The goal back a few years ago was always to have Bulaga and Sherrod at book end OT's.

Bachtiari to center? Many teams were going to draft him and were interested making him a center coming out of college.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I think Sherrod will make the team, but as long as everyone stays healthy on the OL he will be the primary backup at LT.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More good reviews of Sherrod today, JS writers are surprised over how strong he looks. Though he needs a lot of camp and game experience I expect Sherrod to seize one of our starting OT positions. Don't bet against someone who has shown the kind of grit this kid has shown to come back from that kind of injury.

Plus, being 1st round pick means he was most likely a talented player coming out of college.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts