Post MM firing -- coaching search: who we want -- ALL threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the airport employees solidarity is being threatened....we have to make a special hiring clause that prevents them from being considered. lol.

No one is wondering about Kevin Greene? I'd give him a heck of a look considering what he was able to do with our lbs in gb during his time here.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I don't think it's very likely, but I would really like to see Chris Peterson (UW) in Green Bay.

I also like Peterson but my gut feeling is that he wants to stay in the college ranks. USC is going to be competing to get him after the season ends.

Chris Peterson – HC Washington. 139 – 32 record between Boise State (92 -12) and Washington (47 -20). He has been the HC at Washington since 2014 and after two mediocre seasons has had 10 win seasons with 12 wins in 2016. His recruiting class are good (average high 20s) but not great in national rankings. Teams are well prepared and his offenses are designed to scheme open receivers. Excellent at in game adjustments

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now we're telling Rodgers he needs more pump fakes when that move is nearly extinct in the league? The pump fake gets the safety moving to that side of the field. You bring him into the play. The state of the art in NFL passing in opening up the deep route is to look off the safety in a route combination that makes the look plausible, not look toward the side of the field where you're throwing it along with that pump fake.

Jeezus people I didn't say that was the only move and it depends on how you sell it. Personally probably few including Rodgers will be able to master it the way Favre did, but whether it's play action, pump fake I'm just saying Rodgers just needs to set the deep ball up a little more outside of simply relying on scheme to do it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen ...

Take a look at these garbage bowl games and college coaches systems are getting exposed as frauds.

Nothing but products of playing in awful conferences with no defense.

Chip Kelly ..... FRAUD!!!!! Oregon playing cupcakes making his offenses look good

Lincoln Riley .... FRAUD!!!!!!! Coaching in the Big XII has no challenges as there is no defense there

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is Lincoln Riley's coaching or scheme. The problem is that Alabama has NFL players at almost every position.

I mean, look at Robert Foster. He hardly played at Bama, and he's doing better in the NFL than he did there. They're not fair.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I gotchya. Well, I guess @Southside can continue his stellar contributions to the conversation.
I have no problem with the occasional drive by red X... but it does get annoying when a single poster starts leaving them everywhere.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is Lincoln Riley's coaching or scheme. The problem is that Alabama has NFL players at almost every position.

I mean, look at Robert Foster. He hardly played at Bama, and he's doing better in the NFL than he did there. They're not fair.

Lol yes, the kind of players you coach against every week in this league. You can't solve how to beat them, you damn sure ain't solving it in the Sunday league.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I have no problem with the occasional drive by red X... but it does get annoying when a single poster starts leaving them everywhere.

He got butt hurt for some reason when I said I liked Dave Toub. But to be fair, it seems to be his primary means of communication. So maybe I'm flattering myself.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lol yes, the kind of players you coach against every week in this league. You can't solve how to beat them, you damn sure ain't solving it in the Sunday league.

You don't get it.

The point is that Riley has a roster of mostly non-NFL talent with some exceptions and he's scheming against a roster that has future NFL players at virtually every spot.

Yes, he would face that kind of talent at the next level. But obviously he would do so with professionals of his own.

By your logic, exactly zero college coaches outside of Saban and maybe Smart/Swinney can make it in the league... because virtually everyone gets smoked by Bama

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I normally don't watch a lot of Bowl Games, but timing was good this year and I did. Wish the Packers could just take 2 or 3 guys from each of Alabama, Clemson and Auburn. Also, can the Packers predraft Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence? That kid is going to be in Canton.

Purdue was my biggest letdown game, really wanted them to win it for Tyler Trent, but after watching Auburn just destroy them, I had to wonder how Ohio State got crushed by Purdue?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lincoln Riley's Sooners out a season high 34 points on Alabama's defense.

"FRAUD!!!!!"

LOL.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get it.

The point is that Riley has a roster of mostly non-NFL talent with some exceptions and he's scheming against a roster that has future NFL players at virtually every spot.

Yes, he would face that kind of talent at the next level. But obviously he would do so with professionals of his own.

By your logic, exactly zero college coaches outside of Saban and maybe Smart/Swinney can make it in the league... because virtually everyone gets smoked by Bama

Well, just how many college coaches recently beyond Carroll and Harbaugh have proven to be successful on both levels? Hardly any.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I normally don't watch a lot of Bowl Games, but timing was good this year and I did. Wish the Packers could just take 2 or 3 guys from each of Alabama, Clemson and Auburn. Also, can the Packers predraft Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence? That kid is going to be in Canton.

Idk, he looks an awful lot like another Hundley to me

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m sure Whitt had input, but I think the obvious reasons are the most likely for what transpired. It was nothing more than finding a way to get the best players on the field. Just like Matthews being moved to ILB when we had none, but had 3 quality OLBs.

The fact that MM openly said Randall was playing out of position before he ever switched positions for another team is good enough for me to say I’m pretty confident they knew he would have been better at safety

I understand that the Packers didn't have enough talent at cornerback to move Randall to safety, just wanted to make it clear that a positional coach definitely has influence on the decision making.

Another name that should be looked at is Freddie Kitchens, either for HC or OC, what he has been able to do in cleveland with adjusting the offense mid-season to tailor it to Mayfield's strengths has been nice to see.

Kitchens has done a marvelous job in Cleveland this season but wasn't especially successful during 11 years as an assistant coach with the Cardinals before that.

D

Deleted member 6794

No one is wondering about Kevin Greene? I'd give him a heck of a look considering what he was able to do with our lbs in gb during his time here.

I believe Greene burned too many bridges when he left to be considered as the head coach. In addition I don't consider him qualified for the position.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guessing you said that with tongue firmly in cheek?

2021 is just about perfect timing to start looking for Rodgers Replacement too.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/12/trevor-lawrence-nfl-draft-projections-stock/

Not completely. I don't like scouting reports for these very reasons because they go bumping players like Hundley up while not accurately assessing their real flaws. Lawrence imo needs more tests, I didn't like Clemson's cupcake schedule this year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If and when Gase is fired in Miami, I'd absolutely interview him. He did a surprisingly good job there despite being dealt a horrible hand in multiple ways.

D

Deleted member 6794

If and when Gase is fired in Miami, I'd absolutely interview him. He did a surprisingly good job there despite being dealt a horrible hand in multiple ways.

In addition he has proven to be able to work successfully with an elite quarterback late in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.