Packers could be hosting draft

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
The link will not work for me. Synopsis?

Synopsis: The Packers are one of the finalists to host the 2019 draft.:D:D:D

Seriously, that's pretty much all it said other than adding their source is Ian Rapoport.

Actually, the OP here says they are a "Finalist" and the article headline says they are a "Strong Candidates" which I think are both a little optimistic given that Rapoport's tweet was

Talked with #Packers President Mark Murphy about hosting the draft. They're in the mix for '19, after not making final list for '17 or '18

In the mix doesn't exactly scream "Finalist" or "Strong Candidate" to me. We don't even know if there is a "final list" for 2019 yet.

I do think that one of the reason for the whole Titletown District is to make us more attractive for something like this. Green Bay will never host a Super Bowl but I do think the draft could be pulled off nicely.

Does anyone know how the new hotel at the Titletown District compares to the venue in Chicago where they held the draft.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Auditorium Theatre Chicago - site of 2016 draft:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Titletown district Green Bay:

Summary, GreenBay has a way to go.
The draft won't be in the titletown hotel. From: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/money/2015/08/21/titletown-district-acre-plaza/32052591/
The four-star Lodge Kohler will have 150 rooms on five floors, an indoor/outdoor pool and gardens, a spa and a fitness center. It will have limited event and meeting space, instead using Lambeau Field for those services.
More likely the draft would be at the Resch Center / Shopko Hall on the other side of Lambeau:

with other options being the Lambeau Field Atrium and stadium, the KI Convention center downtown, or the Weidner Center at UWGB:

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't sure whether to go with informative or funny but since others already gave you the informative I went with funny.

We do got that porta potty though so its a start.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember, wasn't it chilly/drizzling this year in Chicago for the draft? I doubt that GB would hold anything outdoors in the stadium. I assume that the NFL is trying to gear up the draft to be just like the Super Bowl, the type of event that city leaders stumble over themselves to provide everything for free, tax incentives, and first born children for a minimal to modest return. The NFL makes A LOT of money doing this.

Members online

Latest posts