OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

BBQ&Beer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi again folks.

Panthers fan here... But the wife is a Packers fan, and the newest owner!

This is one of the many reasons I love & am jealous of the Packers (albeit several of those reasons will be settled soon ;) )

At any rate, this is one of the greatest things that could've happened because she didn't want much for Christmas because our son will be born in March. (New Panther fan) & she didn't want to spend a lot. I had no idea what to get her then I heard the announcement for the sales on the radio. In 6 days she's gonna be shocked... thanks! :D

BBQ&Beer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got my certificate today. I am shocked that for $250 they shipped it in a flimsy cardboard envelope. A corner of the envelope was bent, but fortunately the certificate turned out OK. If the certificate had been damaged, I'd be FURIOUS.

I took a photo of my certificate:
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1484/markedup.jpg

As you can see, they didn't do a great job of tearing it along the perforations. I pointed out using red arrows a few places where there's extra stuff along the edges. Not a big deal, I just tore those off. But I wonder if all of the certificates are attached together? If so, then that means the 2 certificates on each side of mine have edges that are missing bits. I'd hate to be the people who got those certificates.

Also, I put a red box around an area of my certificate that has a few vertical ripples in the paper. Anyone else's certificate like that?
I don't know how they printed them up but my high school printed diplomas on a sheet where you had diploma A, perforated space of 1/4 inch, diploma B, perforated space, etc... I'd be surprised if it wasn't something like that.

Eta: no ripples on hers.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Got my certificate today. I am shocked that for $250 they shipped it in a flimsy cardboard envelope. A corner of the envelope was bent, but fortunately the certificate turned out OK. If the certificate had been damaged, I'd be FURIOUS.

I took a photo of my certificate:
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1484/markedup.jpg

As you can see, they didn't do a great job of tearing it along the perforations. I pointed out using red arrows a few places where there's extra stuff along the edges. Not a big deal, I just tore those off. But I wonder if all of the certificates are attached together? If so, then that means the 2 certificates on each side of mine have edges that are missing bits. I'd hate to be the people who got those certificates.

Also, I put a red box around an area of my certificate that has a few vertical ripples in the paper. Anyone else's certificate like that?
They print the all the details on high speed line printers. that's why the perferations. Normally I would expect smaller laser perfs for something that people consider this valuble. Mine comes in two days. If the pic is not exagurating them I am making a complaint.

I went overboard(Waayyyy overboard) and paid 2K for the gold fan ring with the diamonds and it came in a cheesey jostens cardboard box. I was pretty pissed and almost called on that, but... I am a procrastinator and the ring exceeded my expectations, so screw the box. and I guess as long as the paper is good and the frame covers it, its not such a big deal.

Two more days. They said xmas for everyone and they haven't posted anything to the contrary so I would be expecting a UPS email soon.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a procrastinator and the ring exceeded my expectations, so screw the box. and I guess as long as the paper is good and the frame covers it, its not such a big deal.

Good point. In the end, you're a part owner, on some level, of the Green Bay Packers. In my opinion the most storied franchise in any sport. That alone makes it all worthwhile.

I guess some things are all a matter of perspective. I bought a share for a buddy who is in Afghanistan right now and is not able to hardly watch any football games where he's at. I bought the share for him because his internet stinks and he wasn't able to get online himself and do it and risked not even getting a share. While I am sure he would like for it to be perfect, he isn't very concerned whether his certificate has a tab hanging on it, or a corner is slightly bent, because in the end sometimes there in this world are worse. As I said, in my opinion, it's all a matter of perspective.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi again folks.

Panthers fan here... But the wife is a Packers fan, and the newest owner!

This is one of the many reasons I love & am jealous of the Packers (albeit several of those reasons will be settled soon ;) )

At any rate, this is one of the greatest things that could've happened because she didn't want much for Christmas because our son will be born in March. (New Panther fan) & she didn't want to spend a lot. I had no idea what to get her then I heard the announcement for the sales on the radio. In 6 days she's gonna be shocked... thanks! :D
(Let's all hope for the best for this new baby. Mom, it is never too early - indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate!) Go, Pack, GO! :)

Oh, and best Christmas present ever - you're a good husband, even if you're a bit misguided in your football choices.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Yet another "hanging chad" scandal. First the Presidential election and now the Packers' stock certificates.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
(Let's all hope for the best for this new baby. Mom, it is never too early - indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate!) Go, Pack, GO! :)

Oh, and best Christmas present ever - you're a good husband, even if you're a bit misguided in your football choices.
you know I went right by that. Congrats and I hope all goes well with the baby. You can take a photo of the newborn and the stock side by side:D

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing yet. And Morrow & Co. are saying UPS or Wells Fargo will notify me with tracking information, however, they refuse to give out Wells Fargo number to get tracking number. What a run-a-round ! And UPS needs tracking number to trace their own shipments. Anybody else out here caught in the middle ? Morrow & Co. say to call back Friday if nothing. By then , it's too late for XMAS delivery. This thing was not planned well and some people will be disappointed ! I know, I am thus far !!!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Nothing yet. And Morrow & Co. are saying UPS or Wells Fargo will notify me with tracking information, however, they refuse to give out Wells Fargo number to get tracking number. What a run-a-round ! And UPS needs tracking number to trace their own shipments. Anybody else out here caught in the middle ? Morrow & Co. say to call back Friday if nothing. By then , it's too late for XMAS delivery. This thing was not planned well and some people will be disappointed ! I know, I am thus far !!!
I am where you are; no notification or certificates. I ordered on 12/8. I haven't made any calls yet. :(

PackAttack1992

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear how poorly a lot of the orders have been handled. You'd think that the earlier orders would have priority, and that they'd have some idea where the orders are, considering that the purchase wasn't exactly cheap...

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Correction: I ordered mine on the first day, 12/6 and the $ has been processed. I just made my inquiry to Morrow & Co. They asked me to be more patient. My son in NY ordered one for his son 12/9. He's already gotten it. I need a hug.

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ordered mine 12/7 and haven't gotten anything yet. I called and all she could see was my stock was processed, which I knew since they had my money! Leaving out of town Friday for Christmas and this is a gift!! Stressing out!!!!!!

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between a rock and hard place here in New Jersey. That Morrow & Co. number has the same man and woman answering all the inquiries. Not very telemarketing savvy or professional ! They keep passing the buck to UPS and Wells Fargo ! Have no ability to track orders. They spent the minimum amount of monies to process these certificates with no coordination or ability to service the shipping questions. After Christmas they will probably be better equipped to trace orders that weren't delivered but by then, the damage will have been done ! Maybe I should believe in Santa Claus again !

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made the fatal mistake of using my credit card billing address as the ship to address only to find out later reading the fine print that they will not ship to P.O. Boxes because evidently, they have contracted out UPS to do the entire mailings. I am assuming that the Wells Fargo printing press which is synchronized with the UPS delivery vans waiting out back, is spitting out all the undeliverable addresses and awaits someone to manually go through them to contact the purchasers. If that is the case, they just screwed up a Packer fans XMAS ! I am confident that I may someday get my stock certificates but by Xmas is very iffy right now , by the way it is set up and being handled. Any other business transaction of a $525.00 magnitude (I purchased 2 shares), would be easily expedited with one phone call, but this Morrow & Co. is just there to sell stock and not service the shipping problems ! HELP !!!! Anyone have a number for Wells Fargo ?

WorstSeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The UPS truck drove up just as I got home today. The guy in brown handed me my Green Bay Packers stock certificate!!!!! I ordered it about 15 minutes into the first day of the sale. Go Pack Go!!!! Only thing is there is no 11 digit control number that you need to order shareholder only merchandise.

Agreed. There's a 10 digit number, but no "control number". This seems like a pretty obvious dropped ball; the online store can only be losing money this holiday season by making it more difficult to buy gear.

Are we all supposed to call or something?

I was surprised by that, the form letter (honestly, they could have at least tried to pull off a mail merge, right?), and even the slightly chintzy "brand pamphlet" that came with it. The book is a very good idea, but wasn't quite pulled off successfully.

Still, as with yours, the certificate did make it well, and it's pretty impressive.

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see others are getting their certificates. Mine must have spit out in the reject bin awaiting some clerk to email me for further shipping instructions.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Mines in Louisville Ky. Went from WI to KY. They must be printing them in multiple places now. Feel good mine is coming from the motherland. Will have it in on the Marrow.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mines in Louisville Ky. Went from WI to KY. They must be printing them in multiple places now. Feel good mine is coming from the motherland. Will have it in on the Marrow.

Mine went from WI to Louisville too, but Louisville is a UPS hub and hence most mid west deliveries will go through Louisville!

Wifeofpackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for he email with the tracking number. For those of you that have received this email, can you tell me who it's coming from? Should I be looking for an email from the Packers or from UPS?
Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts