My post combine 2024 draft

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang,

As it says, so here we go...and please not I didn't start making trades until Round 4, and I forgot what I traded. I DID go a bit RB heavy but I'm looking at who's next in about 2-3 years when Jones is gone.

Pick 31: Jordan Morgan T Arizona 6'4 311. Packers have done well for a decade with a somewhat undersized Left Tackle, and Morgan is about 10 pounds bigger than Bakh. Slight reach for me I would've liked to get Guyton at 31 but he was already gone. I have Morgan projected early Round 2, so a slight reach on this one. I also picked up several picks for dropping from 25-31.

Pick 54: Troy Fautanu G Washington 6'4 312. I've seen many mocks with him listed at T, but either way I seem him as a spot filler especially if Bakh can't start Week 1 AND Runyan is gone.

Pick 58: Javion Cohen G Miami 6'4 305. I can easily see him fighting for the RG spot whether Runyan is back or not. At worst he adds better quality depth than we have right now.

Pick 71: Blake Corum RB Michigan 5'8 210. Speed back of the future around the same size as Jones, also a great fill in for the 6 games Jones is gonna miss this year. At times CARRIED Michigan's offense to the National Championship.

Pick 79: Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State 6'4 245. Ben would do 2 things for this team. Upgrade the 3rd TE spot AND move Deguara down the road two things that need to be done.

Pick 85: Edgerrin Cooper ILB Texas A&M 6'3 230. BEST linebacker in the draft and for a 3rd? Absolute steal. Would subplant McDuffie out of a potential starting spot on Draft Day could take Campbell's spot by mid-season. Wherever and however we have to, this is the one guy on defense HAVE TO get.

Pick 88: Patrick Paul T Houston 6'7 315. Prototypical height, maybe 10-15 pounds light. I'm using multiple picks on the same position because we are so thin talent wise at a few different places (I suspect from Ted chasing the roster for a decade) that sometimes to get THE guy you have to draft 2 or 3 to find the right one.

Pick 91: Cole Bishop S Utah 6'3 200. He can't be any worse than Owens, Ford, Johnston and Savage. Size seems right to play the position. Let's hope he can come in and get the starting job.

Pick 168: Cam Hart CB Notre Dame 6'1 203. The best corner on a lackluster Notre Dame defense this year. If the team wins more games or if the overall D performs better he might've snuck into day 2. We need a depth corner so that we can move Nixon to returner ONLY. Hart is more than capable of that.

Pick 201: Michael Barrett ILB Michigan 6'0 239. I like my LB 6'1-6'3 he's slightly shorter than preferred. Stuck his nose into alot of ball carriers guts this year. Coulson was the lead dog, but Barrett was a great #2. I think he surpasses McDuffie by mid-season. He may need some seasoning before that.

Pick 219: Sione Vaki S Utah 6'0 208. YES I doubled down on Utah Safeties. I like Vaki the better of the two. I see him as the ball hawk of the pair. He WILL cause an improvement in the what 0 INTs by a Safety in the regular season? He's an upgraded version of Ford, hopefully a significant upgrade.

Pick 245: Daijun Edwards RB Georgia 5'10 201. Honestly I don't know much about this guy. I know he played high caliber football with Georgia. No one I really wanted with this pick so I thought I would double down on a running back. I believe Corum would be the better of the two but maybe this guy sits practice squad for a year comes back in '25 and shows out.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8 top 100 picks and you spend 4 on the OLine? None of which play Center. You must not think much of the current roster. It's a deep OL draft so I think we will grab some developmental guys on day 3 and maybe 2 on day 1 and 2. Our current roster is pretty strong except at C. Rhyan was a stud in college and think he will be good this coming season at RG. But you have to keep the competition up.

You add a bunch of great talent. I think Cooper will go top 40, doubt he makes it to 3rd round, but you never know.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said you didn’t start trading till round four but picked at 31…that is some kind of magic trick Flair lol

Everyone knows I see elite guard in Morgan with swing Tackle potential. Wouldn’t be mad about it

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said you didn’t start trading till round four but picked at 31…that is some kind of magic trick Flair lol

Everyone knows I see elite guard in Morgan with swing Tackle potential. Wouldn’t be mad about it
That was a brain fart tyni, but I got a haul to drop to 31.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fautanu and Paul translate to Tackle, which moves Tom inside AmishMafia. So I did address C...where I trust myself at 46 years old, disabled and have only 1 year of little football...more than I trust Myers.

Members online

Latest posts