Kampman, apparently, out for the year too

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jones is a better fit at that position than what Kampman is.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This hurts but like you said not nearly as bad as Harris. Williams is one of the best 3rd corners in the league but as a number two against a too WR it could hurt. Need to bring a safety up to help coverage. Could get tough. Kampy hurts but this will give time to Jones and other OLB's who fit the scheme well...

As terrible as this sounds this is almost like irony for Kampman's season - huge position switch, struggles, then blown acl. I feel for the guy. He is best suited elsewhere IMHO, where he can play DE. He deserves every bit of it, great player, class act and a hard worker.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats too bad. oh well, itll help the vikings hopefully. i'd gladly welcome kampman to the vikings d-line next year via free agency. now that hes injured the packers will have less incentive to give him a big contract extension or franchise him next year, especially with the o line troubles. :D

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Source: Kampman likely out for season with torn ACL as well - JSOnline

I think that is less worrisome than Harris being out, simply because Jones has replaced Kampman and did a good job.

However, he played very well this game, and I think was starting to be an impactful player again...

I agree. The only problem would be when the Packers go 4 down lineman, but that doesn't happen often.

I'd like to believe losing Harris hurts, but the man's old. Sure, he's cagey, but I'm not convinced he cannot be replaced decently. We'll see.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The only problem would be when the Packers go 4 down lineman, but that doesn't happen often.

I'd like to believe losing Harris hurts, but the man's old. Sure, he's cagey, but I'm not convinced he cannot be replaced decently. We'll see.
The problem is, if it repeats what has happened the second half, we're going to see A LOT of that vanilla 4 man rush of Capers. Not with 4 down lineman, he never uses that. But with 2 down lineman and 2 elephant DEs...

When Kampman was playing there was 2 down lineman, Kampman at LE with hands down and Matthews playing at elephant DE.

I was so glad last game when I saw Capers run a 1-5-5, with only Jolly down, with Jenkins, Kampman, Hawk, Barnett and Matthews all up, and rushing an overload weakside blitz... Was so thrilled when both Harris and Collins faked a blitz, and instead Williams from the other side came rushing in, completely disrupting Smith... Guess we won't see any more of that...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
During the game broadcast the Fox announcer said that before Kampmann was taken to the locker room that he was bleeding from his ear... did anyone else hear that?

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the game broadcast the Fox announcer said that before Kampmann was taken to the locker room that he was bleeding from his ear... did anyone else hear that?
Not really... All that I heard was that the injury was more serious than it looked...

And I don't think it was the same concussion... I'm no doctor, but it'd been 2 weeks...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the sideline they used a towel to wipe the blood from his ear..

That is all I heard and saw