Jake Kumerow

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb had a total of only four punt returns in 2016. That's even a smaller sample size than this season. In addition he has definitely lost some athleticism compared to his first two years in the league.

Definitely lost some athleticism? Really? You can't just make a statement and declare it to be a fact. What facts are you using to support your contention, because I sure haven't seen it.

It seems like you have a hard time understanding that no one is arguing that Davis mostly made good decisions.

Mostly good decision? He made way too many bad decisions.

There's absolutely no doubt he's the most explosive returner on the Packers though.

If explosiveness is the only thing that matters to you then you should be advocating for MVS to be returning punts. He's just as fast and he's bigger. Davis got 6.3 yards every time he fielded a punt and he left a ton of yards on the field because of terrible decisions. He had 3 fair catches inside the 10 last year that likely cost us a lot of touchback yards and he aborted several fair catches for no good reason and let the ball roll. He also refused to return a lot of returnable punts. Davis had 289 yards. But I would estimate he cost us 75 to 100 yards due to his bone-headedness. Those are yards Cobb would not give away because he's fearless and actually knows the position.

As to the context of this thread, if there is a decision whether to activate either Kumerow or Davis, it's a no-brainer. You activate Kumerow who has value as a receiver. I'll take Kumerow for WR depth and Cobb/whoever at PR over Davis at PR and his empty uniform at WR every time.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't realize this guys family lineage. It would be wise for the front office to add him to the active roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Definitely lost some athleticism? Really? You can't just make a statement and declare it to be a fact. What facts are you using to support your contention, because I sure haven't seen it.

Watch one of the games during Cobb's first two seasons in the league, he was definitely more explosive at that point than he's now.

Mostly good decision? He made way too many bad decisions.

You might want to read my last post once again. I was saying that no one is arguing Davis mostly made good decisions.

If explosiveness is the only thing that matters to you then you should be advocating for MVS to be returning punts.

Valdes-Scantling has never returned a punt either in college or the pro level though.

As to the context of this thread, if there is a decision whether to activate either Kumerow or Davis, it's a no-brainer. You activate Kumerow who has value as a receiver. I'll take Kumerow for WR depth and Cobb/whoever at PR over Davis at PR and his empty uniform at WR every time.

With the receiving corps finally getting healthy again it doesn't make any sense to activate Kumerow for him being inactive on game day.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valdes-Scantling has never returned a punt either in college or the pro level though.

So then explosiveness isn't the most important aspect of returning punts.

With the receiving corps finally getting healthy again it doesn't make any sense to activate Kumerow for him being inactive on game day.

WR injuries can come in bunches. If we find ourselves in a situation where #6 and 7 need to play, I'd MUCH rather have Kumerow in the wings and Cobb returning punts than trying to rely on Davis for both. There's a reason Gute was briefly trying to trade him before cuts. I bet he would have taken a conditional 7th rounder for him.

D

Deleted member 6794

WR injuries can come in bunches. If we find ourselves in a situation where #6 and 7 need to play, I'd MUCH rather have Kumerow in the wings and Cobb returning punts than trying to rely on Davis for both.

The Packers can activate Kumerow whenever they want if injuries hit at wide receiver. He would all but guaranteed be inactive in the current situation though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers says Kumerow getting on the field could be the galvanizing moment he’s been talking about.....
ha! the galvanizing moment should be when they look at each other after a game where they didn't throw a pass over 20 yards, had 5 6-minute+ drives where they dinked/dunked/and ran for td's on each drive, and won by at least 14 points.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha! the galvanizing moment should be when they look at each other after a game where they didn't throw a pass over 20 yards, had 5 6-minute+ drives where they dinked/dunked/and ran for td's on each drive, and won by at least 14 points.
I’d like to see some of that, but what i’d really like is a little more balance. I’m fine with a few shots downfield to keep the defense honest, but we need the ball control stuff too. I’m definitely on board with winning by at least 2 TDs though.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this offense seems to have sailed wildly....got a horse in the stable...jones. philbin needs to hit the bricks w his boss. keep the dc as there seems to be life there. dont know about Kumerow but for him not to sniff a suited option i think he needs more time learn the playbook of backyard chuck n duck.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’ll see what happens tonight. If the Packers lose, give Kumerow some playing time. WTF Rodgers loves him. MVS and ESB have had very good rookie seasons, but not enough to be considered money guys. Anyway, I’m looking for a win with what we’ve got. As for Davis, gotta keep him in as a returner just because he can be explosive. STs isn’t contributing much anyway.

Members online

Latest posts