It's Official: I Have a Man Crush on Ryan Grant!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c_mac said:
I just saw the first mock draft of the year and they have us taking the rb out of Illinois in the first round. Needless to say I lost all respect for that writer. There is no way we take a rb in the first round unless something drastic happens with Grant. He is our guy for the future and he is proving it week after week. First round next year we need a safety or maybe a TE or OL.

I take that back, don't we need to add some depth at DL?

We don't need an RB. Yeah, that guy's smoking crack.

I think we'll get a TE, OL, S, or CB for our first pick.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm damn sure we will pick a CB or a OL with our first pick, possibly a real good TE if Ted thinks one is available.

early predictions:

Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Terrell Thomas CB USC
Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College

Reaction score
c_mac said:

That is a good question.

At DT I don't think so. Pickett/Jolly/Harrell should be a part of the rotation, and the need for a 4th DT can be filled by Cole, who is solid and versatile. There is DT Corey Williams, who will demand a high price in free agency but there is still an outside shot (IMO) that Williams will be back. Then there is our 5th DT this year, Muir who has great physical attributes and could become a player.

At DE, I'm unsure if we need more depth. Jenkins/Kamp have been solid, but KGB has a high cap number. It isn't imperative to cut KGB because the Pack have managed the cap nicely and can afford that high cap number.

There is also DE Montgomery, and I've heard rumors on more than one occassion that the coaching staff really likes Montgomery when healthy, but the problem is Montgomery hasn't been healthy a whole lot. So he could potentially be a player.

Then there is Corey Williams, who can also play some DE. If he gets resigned, we've got even more depth at DE.

So it's hard to say whether we'd need more depth on the DL. You could make the case for DE, but I think DT depth is alright. However if Cole/Williams/KGB become free agents this off-season, then the answer would be a definite yes.

OP
OP
C

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
c_mac said:

That is a good question.

At DT I don't think so. Pickett/Jolly/Harrell should be a part of the rotation, and the need for a 4th DT can be filled by Cole, who is solid and versatile. There is DT Corey Williams, who will demand a high price in free agency but there is still an outside shot (IMO) that Williams will be back. Then there is our 5th DT this year, Muir who has great physical attributes and could become a player.

At DE, I'm unsure if we need more depth. Jenkins/Kamp have been solid, but KGB has a high cap number. It isn't imperative to cut KGB because the Pack have managed the cap nicely and can afford that high cap number.

There is also DE Montgomery, and I've heard rumors on more than one occassion that the coaching staff really likes Montgomery when healthy, but the problem is Montgomery hasn't been healthy a whole lot. So he could potentially be a player.

Then there is Corey Williams, who can also play some DE. If he gets resigned, we've got even more depth at DE.

So it's hard to say whether we'd need more depth on the DL. You could make the case for DE, but I think DT depth is alright. However if Cole/Williams/KGB become free agents this off-season, then the answer would be a definite yes.

I was just kidding, I was recalling our dismay from last year with the Harrell pick.