Let’s have a serious conversation…aka ditch Anders

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are they going to do about Carlson because man listen ‍♂️ This guy ain’t it, they cannot trust him, I don’t trust him, and I don’t think he even trust him. The play where Lafleur just decided he’d let Love throw it on 4th down up 3 tds Vs taking a FG told me everything I needed to know. I literally close my eyes whenever this guy kicks. He cannot kick a touchback to save his life either…meanwhile the Dallas kicker was booming the ball. Did Nixon even get a single return?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are they going to do about Carlson because man listen ‍♂️ This guy ain’t it, they cannot trust him, I don’t trust him, and I don’t think he even trust him. The play where Lafleur just decided he’d let Love throw it on 4th down up 3 tds Vs taking a FG told me everything I needed to know. I literally close my eyes whenever this guy kicks. He cannot kick a touchback to save his life either…meanwhile the Dallas kicker was booming the ball. Did Nixon even get a single return?
They need to bring in some competition next year but I don't think going on 4th and goal had anything to do with Carlson. I think it was purely a decision to put the final nail in the coffin.

And yeah, he can kick it well into the endzone. But when your coverage team is good, why not kick it high to the goal line and make them return it? Rich does that from time to time and it resulted in some bad starting field position for them. You don't think that was by design?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer reacted the same as you with Carlson's older brother, and look how that turned out.

Which rookie kicker was better yesterday? Carlson doesn't let the yips get to him. He doesn't miss multiple kicks in a row. . .and before you point all of the fingers at a rookie kicker, make sure you know who well each of the snaps were executed prior to the kicks. Our long snapper is more the weak link than anything.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The situation dictated going for it. Being up by a bunch, you didn't necessarily need the points. But, if you kick a FG, you only get 3, then kick off, then they get the ball out around their own 25. This way, if you don't get the TD, you turn the ball over to them at their own 5, forcing them to go 95 yards.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rich stays Anders stays. 2024 would be the final year, BUT crazy thing is folks go look up Crosby stats early on…or Anders brother early on…or others. Rookie kickers suck typically…in comparison to their positional group in the NFL.

Kid has a special boot though…that and he was Rich’s pick makes me strongly hesitate moving off him after just one year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If Rich stays Anders stays. 2024 would be the final year, BUT crazy thing is folks go look up Crosby stats early on…or Anders brother early on…or others. Rookie kickers suck typically…in comparison to their positional group in the NFL.

Kid has a special boot though…that and he was Rich’s pick makes me strongly hesitate moving off him after just one year.
That's the way I see it too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
U good??

Even if you don't believe it..I was worried

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of us actually held hands on each of his kicks. We are all worried with each kick. However, I am not worried about him as our kicker going into next season even if he misses a crucial one for us sometime in the next month.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft/sign a good kicker to replace him. He missed more extra points than any other kicker in the league. However you measure kicker success, that's gotta put you on the short list of worst in the league.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's something crazy.....regarding Anders...

He kicked better in FGs than Mason did as a rookie. Actually he had a higher percentage made in FG attempts than in 9 of Crosby's year's in the league, and tied one more.

Crosby...THE kicker of GB.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's something crazy.....regarding Anders...

He kicked better in FGs than Mason did as a rookie. Actually he had a higher percentage made in FG attempts than in 9 of Crosby's year's in the league, and tied one more.

He MUST get his extra point misses figured out. Those are short kicks and shouldn't be nail-biters. He should be 95% or better on those. He also needs to get better beyond 40 yards. He's barely above 50% on those.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A difference in Dallas that I think I saw was that, instead of hooking left and missing, he was kicking straighter but aiming right, maybe overcompensating?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He MUST get his extra point misses figured out. Those are short kicks and shouldn't be nail-biters. He should be 95% or better on those. He also needs to get better beyond 40 yards. He's barely above 50% on those.

I'm not defending anything against the kid. Merely stating something that shocked me even.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not defending anything against the kid. Merely stating something that shocked me even.
Carlson's college kicking stats. It's interesting that he only missed a couple of PATs during his college career, but was erratic from all distances with FGs. There also was no recent history of him being able to nail the long ones, coming out of school.

I wonder what they actually saw in him. Maybe his kickoffs? Hard to say. But, whatever, there is room for improvement. A lot of it in the ring of 3 that handles kicks. Whatever the problem, it has to be rectified.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carlson's college kicking stats. It's interesting that he only missed a couple of PATs during his college career, but was erratic from all distances with FGs. There also was no recent history of him being able to nail the long ones, coming out of school.

I wonder what they actually saw in him. Maybe his kickoffs? Hard to say. But, whatever, there is room for improvement. A lot of it in the ring of 3 that handles kicks. Whatever the problem, it has to be rectified.

I also argue that if they replace Anders relook at changing the holder and snapper - that ********* has to be excellent together as a whole...if it isn't the kicker is who everyone sees and blames first. I'll be the first to admit I've not cared enough to watch the field goal attempts in my film reviews to know if this is a factor.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also argue that if they replace Anders relook at changing the holder and snapper - that ********* has to be excellent together as a whole...if it isn't the kicker is who everyone sees and blames first. I'll be the first to admit I've not cared enough to watch the field goal attempts in my film reviews to know if this is a factor.
So many things can happen that nobody sees it. Even a lot of coaches don't see it, because they have never experienced it. In my case, I was a kicker, as well as a position player. Results were so much different depending on who the person was snapping the ball, and the holder. I learned, kicking in HS, that the two guys you work with are a huge part of your success rate.

At this point, I'm not going to anything pro or con on Carlson. The kicking game is a "work in progress."

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on our rookie kicker that missed more kicks then any rookie kicker.
He’s missed a kick in each of his last four games and nine of his last 11.

I hope this young man doesn't miss a winning FG and have to live with that.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to put the hex on Mike. Napoleon Dynamite needs to grow the fro back again. MLF will say he did good for a rookie. The team will not cut him due to his brother and being cut by the Vikings, and later being one of the best in the NFL. Bringing Crosby back is not a good idea. Get Seabass outta retirement - hes only 45 and about 3 bills. lol

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and i were the only ones in line at Jersey Mike's. Never realized he was so tall. 6'5"! Very pleasant and well mannered. I let him go ahead of me as I had a big order for a party and wasn't sure what I wanted.

That's all it takes.

I will be rooting for him!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope he gets out of the slump.

Has anyone asked Rich Bisaccia if Carlson not kicking out on kickoffs is part of the plan? Had he kicked out near the end of the half against Dallas they probably would not have time to get that first TD.

In what I expect to be a tight game PTS will be at an all time premium and missing XPs and FGs is going to hurt.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to bring in some competition next year but I don't think going on 4th and goal had anything to do with Carlson. I think it was purely a decision to put the final nail in the coffin.

And yeah, he can kick it well into the endzone. But when your coverage team is good, why not kick it high to the goal line and make them return it? Rich does that from time to time and it resulted in some bad starting field position for them. You don't think that was by design?
It also results in good field position more often than it results in bad field position.

And they never have to return it, regardless of where you kick it. They can fair catch it anywhere on the field and get it on the 25, even if it's not in the endzone. So there is zero reason now not to just kick it as deep as possible.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It also results in good field position more often than it results in bad field position.

And they never have to return it, regardless of where you kick it. They can fair catch it anywhere on the field and get it on the 25, even if it's not in the endzone. So there is zero reason now not to just kick it as deep as possible.
Logically, that makes sense on paper, but it actually worked multiple times Sunday. Most of those guys aren't going to call fair catches.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he gets out of the slump.

Has anyone asked Rich Bisaccia if Carlson not kicking out on kickoffs is part of the plan? Had he kicked out near the end of the half against Dallas they probably would not have time to get that first TD.

In what I expect to be a tight game PTS will be at an all time premium and missing XPs and FGs is going to hurt.
No question that he has the leg for it. But we do not get an explanation for it.