Is this guy better than Michael Jordan?

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. I haven't followed the NBA for a real long time now. My son asks me out of the blue to watch this guy Stephen Curry play just a couple of nights ago. He said he was better than LeBron, I said sure, let's do it. He wanted my evaluation of his skills.

Ok, now here is what happened:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Am I witnessing the for the first time in my life, a player better than Michael Jordan?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nahhh......Michael Jordon would have made all those shots that Curry missed but got fouled on. :coffee:

Can this Curry guy play football?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I first became aware of Curry when he led 10th-seeded Davidson to a victory over the 3rd seeded Badgers in the 2008 NCAA tournament to advance to the regional finals. He scored 30 points and was amazing. I don’t watch much NBA basketball but my impression is Michael Jordan is a much better all-around player while Curry is one of the best shooters in NBA history. It’s tough to compare big men like Abdul-Jabbar to others but I consider Michael Jordan the best “small” man ever to play in the NBA.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steph Curry is without a doubt someone nobody has ever seen before. He basically has the green light to shoot from mid-court in and he makes a majority of them. He is a video game being played out in real life. He is IMO the best pure shooter in NBA history.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Basketball is more than scoring. Lets see a near complete body of work before we anoint him in the top 10 of all time conversation.

Jordan once punched Curry's coach in the face though.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Can he score a goal with his left foot? Otherwise, I never heard of the guy.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Curry may one day rank as the best pure shooter in basketball history, but he has a long way to go to even compare to Michael Jordan as a player overall.

Give it time, enjoy the ride, and put him in the hall when his day is up. Everyone wants to rush to announce the next king these days.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean a 53 yr old jordan is a bit slower than in his prime. Curry is probably better right now tbh. Close though

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Basketball is more than scoring. Lets see a near complete body of work before we anoint him in the top 10 of all time conversation.

Jordan once punched Curry's coach in the face though.

Hes already broke the NBA record for 3 pointers in a single season with 25 games left to go, LOL. Hes won an NBA Title and well on his way to another. Hes also well on his way to an MVP Trophy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone has to sustain a lot for quite a long time for me to even consider it. He's good, no doubt about that, and playing at a high level. For now. But he's got a long ways to go.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes already broke the NBA record for 3 pointers in a single season with 25 games left to go, LOL. Hes won an NBA Title and well on his way to another. Hes also well on his way to an MVP Trophy.
You musted have missed the part where I said basketball is more than scoring. To put him in top 10 top 5 is just ridiculous and ignorant of history.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me 5 years of playing like this and we can talk top 10. He just had his first signature game and everyone who doesn't follow ball is ready to call him the greatest LOL

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't claim to know basketball, but he'll probably need to be consistent for quite some time before he's also on the pedestal. What he's doing right now is remarkable, even casual/non fans like myself are getting hype.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me 5 years of playing like this and we can talk top 10. He just had his first signature game and everyone who doesn't follow ball is ready to call him the greatest LOL
It's actually even his first season averaging over 25 ppg. Just for comparisons sake, LeBron has had 10 such seasons.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the only game I ever watched him play.

OP
OP
C

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read he is also top 4 in steals per game. Not that that is all there is to on defense, but everything I read is that he is pretty good at it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I remember the fade away jumper to win the game when Jordan was so sick with the flu that he could hardly stand up. If he wasn't the greatest of all time, he is high on the list.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the fade away jumper to win the game when Jordan was so sick with the flu that he could hardly stand up. If he wasn't the greatest of all time, he is high on the list.
Bill Russell Kareem and MJ are pretty much the only ones to be in the discussion imo

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone has to sustain a lot for quite a long time for me to even consider it. He's good, no doubt about that, and playing at a high level. For now. But he's got a long ways to go.

Curry will without question, be the 3 point king when he retires. He'll blow the door off the all time makes record.