First 2024 Mock

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as it stands I believe we're currently picking 8th. Let's say hypothetically we find ourselves picking inside the top 5 (which sadly I don't think is out of the question).

Love is under contract thru 2024. If you had a top-5 pick and the leverage to move (if needed) to get the second-best QB in the draft (assuming one will already be gone), would you do it? Take a top-5 pick on a new QB and move on from Love? Stick with Love and invest that premium capital to help him out? Trade down and invest all around?

If Love had a few years left on his contract I don't think it would really be much of a discussion, but as it stands by the time the draft rolls around we'll be in a position where we're either needing to commit to Love for the immediate future (and sign him to a new contract) or let him go and move on to the next thing.

(This is not me saying we should give up on Love or that it's time to move on already or that he's the root of all our problems, and it doesn't have anything to do whatsoever with Rodgers. I know some hae a ve a tendency to take any post about Love that isn't 100% praise to be pure hate towards him and some others have a tendency to drag Rodgers into everything and some have a tendency to do both, so let's just go ahead and get that out of the way up front...)

Love is cheap and will only have one year on him...I think IF Love really isn't good and we suck (especially if Jones and other stay hurt) picking inside the top 6 or so we will have the option to see if Gute swings at QB again or trades back.

Immense risk in each....but the trade back would deliver SERIOUS return for a QB and would be a must consider.

Latest posts