Favre Interview

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, Moss wasn't coming here. He was just using GB to get to New England. He's said as much since he was traded (as have the Raiders). Next, with GM Favre, we'd have a broken down Rivera (who isn't even in football now) and Steve Mariucci recreating the 2000 Lions part deaux instead of MM.

Man, Ted was an idiot not to listen to Favre on these items. Oh, and last I checked, GMs don't go around touting how star players tried to lobby player X to come here when player X goes to another team.

Basically, Favre ran the team under Sherman and he was pissed when TT (and then MM) came in here and reinforced accountability for all players. When Ted replaced Sherman as GM, the team went from the Green Bay Favres to the Green Bay Packers and Brett has never forgot that.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If these excerpts from part two of the interview are real excerpts, I will have to stop giving Favre the benefit of the doubt and my respect for him will go right out the window. Brett has always said that he is just a player and what the GM does is not his business.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, my....heaven forbid TT hire one of the league's hottest young head coaches! And to let a broken down Rivera and a near the end Wahle leave...for shame!! Moss? I will take those we have, thank you.

Bottom line....Brett's story has changed, or to be more diplomatic, "evolved" numerous times. The Packers organization has been consistent in their assessment, and it is pretty well documented the effort they put in to keep, and bring Favre back.

Kinda like a former lover that keeps luring you back, only to pull away.....best to avoid that situation.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a real man knows when to speak, what to speak of, and when to shut his mouth, bow out gracefully, & move on. and that truthfully goes to both sides of this issue. i hope now TT & MM don't come out with "guns blazing" & start bashing favre.
i HATE this!!! blame on every side as far as i'm concerned! at this point, it's all about how each person involved handles themselves.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer's didn't get Moss last year, yet they were almost playing opposite him in the Super Bowl. Gee Favre, was it really a bad decision NOT to get him? As far as Wahle and Rivera go, they were old and wanted large contracts. TT let them go to have the cap space so he could sign all the young players that the Packers have now. Without the room TT's given them in that area, players like Kampman and Barnett probably wouldn't have gotten extensions and Free Agency would be a fiasco for the Packers whereas now the Packers barely lose/gain anyone valuable in that area.

Favre can whine all he wants but he's only digging himself a deeper hole. Both sides need to stop talking through the media because it's only making the shitpile larger and the chance for a satisfactory resolution smaller.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. Both sides need to stop talking through the media because it's only making the shitpile larger and the chance for a satisfactory resolution smaller.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Awesome post.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears the Packers organization has ceased talking to the media.
I haven't heard any response from them regarding Brett's charges of truths, half truths and untruths.

and if they're smart, they won't say anything until the trade is done. somebody needs to take the high road - PLEASE somebody take the friggin high road!!!!!?????!!!!! :pray:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears the Packers organization has ceased talking to the media.
I haven't heard any response from them regarding Brett's charges of truths, half truths and untruths.

and thats the way it should stay.

the organization is bigger than that petty garbage.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MY, my and we have numerous posters that prefer Brett Favre run the Packer organization? Brett doesn't know in his own mind what he wants. Apparently competing for a job is no longer an option. Probably beneath his dignity! It really appears as though GB leaned over backward numerous times and Brett kept changing his mind. How long does one put up with that? Especially when GB pays the tab.

Staff online

Latest posts