Charger fan here!

Thumper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the admin of the Charger FRN site www.bolttalk.com and I just wanted to say I'm look forward to football season finally getting here. Our first preseason game is coming up and it's against Green Bay. Ok, I know preseason don't mean chit, but it's probably the last chance I'll have to see Favre play in SD. I'm looking foward to it.

I must admit I haven't kept up with your offseason moves. How's training camp shaping up? How's the Pack going to do this year?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
camp looks good. Draft picks (hawk,jennings,colledge,spitz) are shaping up nice and FA pickups(pickett,woodson,manuel) are looking good as well. Line has been improved(we will see!) and defense should be nasty. Favre should be..Favre!

How are the chargers? Is Rivers gonna be as good as Brees?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your name is from bambi, right?? i just LOVE that little bunny!! :) LOL!!

glad to have ya along for the ride.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers should be pretty good again this year. What's the word on Phillip Rivers? How's he looking in camp so far? I'm holding the second pick in my fantasy league and I'm thinking about who to take. LT seems like a good choice but I'm a little nervous with the new QB. Will teams load up the box and try to contain LT or will the passing game be able to open things up?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*moved out of the smack area*

Don't think I have every typed that before.

Glad to have you here Thumper, I put up the weekly link to your site on our homepage! Hope if our members are stopping by they are engaging in good conversation and, of course, friendly banter :)

OP
OP
T

Thumper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
camp looks good. Draft picks (hawk,jennings,colledge,spitz) are shaping up nice and FA pickups(pickett,woodson,manuel) are looking good as well. Line has been improved(we will see!) and defense should be nasty. Favre should be..Favre!

How are the chargers? Is Rivers gonna be as good as Brees?
Rivers is looking really good in camp. Charger fan fest was today. Rivers is really in sync with Gates & Vincent Jaclson. Our CB draft pick Cromartie has made some amazingly athletic plays in TC, but also is raw and gets burned sometimes. Don't think he'll start yet. Mostly mental with him. Once he gets it though, watch out. Merriman and Foley are beasts this year. I guarentee Merriman improves on his numbers from last year when he was DROY.

I know it's just a preseason game, but I'm looking forward to football finally starting and seeing Favre play in person.

OP
OP
T

Thumper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:

The nickname didn't originally come from bambi. It came from others getting Thumped. It's grown into the Babmi thing thing now that I'm older. Many on my website refer to me as the wabbit.

OP
OP
T

Thumper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
*moved out of the smack area*

Don't think I have every typed that before.

Glad to have you here Thumper, I put up the weekly link to your site on our homepage! Hope if our members are stopping by they are engaging in good conversation and, of course, friendly banter :)
Thanks man! I'm going to start a sticky thread with a link to your site to encourage posters to visit for some good natured banter. Take care cheeseheads!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thumper said:
4packgirl said:

The nickname didn't originally come from bambi. It came from others getting Thumped. It's grown into the Babmi thing thing now that I'm older. Many on my website refer to me as the wabbit.

too funny, thumper! gotta love the bunny!! :wink:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont follow much Chargers, how is Nate Kaeding doing I remember watching him nonstop in college. The 2002 Groza winner I don't hear about anymore.

LT one of my favorite Tail Backs I didn't hear about his 1200 some yards this past season, probaly because I didn't follow much chargers.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i watched Kaeding last year and he missed 3 kicks in 1 game. It might have been againist the packers in preseason last year???? Im pretty sure it was him when he played us sometime. LT/Gates are both very good

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
I think i watched Kaeding last year and he missed 3 kicks in 1 game. It might have been againist the packers in preseason last year???? Im pretty sure it was him when he played us sometime. LT/Gates are both very good

yeah I remember that game he missed 3 against the packers in th preseason

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thumper said:
I'm the admin of the Charger FRN site www.bolttalk.com and I just wanted to say I'm look forward to football season finally getting here. Our first preseason game is coming up and it's against Green Bay. Ok, I know preseason don't mean chit, but it's probably the last chance I'll have to see Favre play in SD. I'm looking foward to it.

I must admit I haven't kept up with your offseason moves. How's training camp shaping up? How's the Pack going to do this year?

(insert barfing smilie here)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try to stay up on former Hawkeyes. Kaeding seems to have had a pretty good season last year, and i read an article today saying that he was becoming more confident and that he hit a 60 yarder in practice not too long ago. I hope all former Hawkeyes do well with the exception of Chad Greenway, and Kaeding has been pretty solid.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping a good season for all Hawkeye (Kaeding,Greenway Hodge, Colin Cole, Brad Banks for CFL,Aaron Kampman, Casey Wiegaman, Darrien Johnson if the Jets didn't cut him.....etc)

I'm sure Kaeding and the Chargers will do good.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I saw that the Vikings drafted Greenway, part of me died. I guess I hope he does well, just not too well. Especially when playing the Packers.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is the only one on the Viking D that does well.

(I'm hoping the first season hodge starts he gets 100+ tackles)

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thumper--Being a Pack fan in SoCal, I can honestly say that the Charger fans are great. I took in a game in 2003 at Qualcom and couldn't have been more pleased. Of course I showed up in full Pack gear, stopped to tailgate and get liquored up, checked out your Charger girls (wow, BTW) and enjoyed the game. Some friendly ribbing and great competition and walked away with a better attitude of another teams fanbase. We'll see you down there next week for the preseason game. Got to love the Surfliner, only takes about 3 bloodies and a beer to get there from the L.A. area. No drivin', just drinkin'. ;)

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
When I saw that the Vikings drafted Greenway, part of me died. I guess I hope he does well, just not too well. Especially when playing the Packers.
I'm hoping he does well, too! :D
Having Wilf as an owner and Childress as coach,it appears we may have a solid but not flashy team.
Character- wise, I think we're improving as well.

But if Brad goes down, we're toast. Mike McMahon as back-up......shudder! :cry:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like wilf.

how is greenway doing? you know, the guy who got less tackles than hodge last year.

hehehe, but seriously...hows he doin

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i like wilf.

how is greenway doing? you know, the guy who got less tackles than hodge last year.

hehehe, but seriously...hows he doin
He came back to practice today after being out with a concussion. He's doing good.
It's apparently hard to get info about camp as Childress keeps things pretty close to the vest, unlike Tice.

ChargerRay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greeting Packer fans. I wanted to say hello from "Bolt Talk", and wish you guys a good and injury free game this Saturday.

I for one am looking forward to seeing Bret Favre live for probably the last time. How long do you guys thing he'll play this weekend?

Members online

Latest posts