Ahman hurt again?

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes i believe he deserves a contract. but he cant expect a big one. he cant be to upset if he looks at it from the organizations point of view,but he has been a good person for this team and i believe we should keep him

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's silly that expects the team to reward him based on loyalty. He should know that it's a business and any possible contract/extension would be based on what kind of performance the Packer's can expect out of him for the upcoming years. Sorry, but you don't pay a guy solely on the fact that he had good years in the past and worked hard. I think this is a bit of desperation on Ahman's part because he knows he's getting old for an NFL runningback and he know's very well that this current injury will turn most teams off to signing him next year. It's unfortunate, for sure, but it's ridiculous to think that the Packers should whip out the checkbook and sign a guy in Ahman's state based on loyalty. I know I wouldn't pay to get a car fixed that I considered "totalled" because it had been a good car for me up that point.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leaper....I agree with your well thought out cold hearted thoughts. It doesn't sem fair to Ahman....but then again.....Cletidus Hunt's contract wasn't fair to the Packers.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel for Ahman, but making this outcry public for the cable show, goes entirely against his loyalty statement in the first place. He's cheapened himself by doing so. If he can comeback from this oft career ending injury, the Pack should give him an extension, but average in pay scale and heavily incentivised.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i can't believe you guys..

you whine like little b*****s when someone holds out to avoid something like this...and when something like this happens (an injury)...you say...

oh well...you can't expect the Green Bay Packer organization to pay him now....

TT better watch out because if he turns into a selfish little beyotch with the purse strings then NOBODY"S gonna want to come to Green Bay...especially after Favre retires and Sherman sinks like a stone....

(remember what it was like before Reggie White came to GB?)

(man...i'm surprised all the players don't hold out every year...you liked Ahman because he didn't pull that stuff..and now it's oh well...what a frickin' double standard...the player's union better negotiate for guaranteed $$ like MLB or there's going to be big problems....)

eh..hem..DePack..Cletedious Hunt's contract was the fault of....um...who again? eh..what? i didn't hear you....speak up...son...

what's that you say?

SHEROSSLEY...????

(ok..thought so..maybe they should take some money out of Sherman's paycheck for that one...and quite a few others....)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seriously. I love ahman(got his jersey), love his attitude, but does he honestly expect to get a huge payday now?

1. He fumbles.
2. He doesn't switch hands, which leads to fumbles.
3. He's almost 30 now (the age of death for RBs).
4. He has been declining.
5. He hasn't had a 100 yard game since November of last year.

I would love to keep ahman, but I know he is going to want more money than he deserves at this stage in his career. If he is down with taking a paycut, I am all for it. He won't do that. Not when a team like the Cowboys or Raiders will pay top dollar for him.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[email protected] you'd be willing to offer Green a couple mil/year right now when he's injured, declining, and past his prime?

TT will bury this team if he tries to throw $$$ at guys in situations such as Ahman's. Players won't hold this against TT for being cheap...it's just objective business.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a very serious injury that Ahman Green has. Many player who have the same injury, sometimes are not the same player they were before the injury. The contract the Packers will be offering (if they offer a new contract to Green) is for what he will be doing for the Packers in the future not what he did for the team in the past. His past contracts took care of what he did in the past.. This Packer administration will not give Ahman Green a lucrative contract at this time under his present physical conditions until he cleared by Packer medical staff and Packer know how he can perform next season. No NFL team would do it any other way. Pro football is business!! At his age of 29 and injuries he has had, no team will give him a lucative signing bonus and long term lucative contract.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No Musscy..

What i'm saying is that people on this forum shouldn't ***** and moan when a player holds out...(like J. Walker...and there was plenty of *****ing and moaning over that) when stuff like this can happen...

What if Ahman held out this year?....(many would have been ready to crucify him....) But he plays..and this is what happens...

Sorry man..but you can't have it both ways...if it's a business for the GB Packer organization..then it is ALSO a business for the players....

(and then people will ***** about that...when the players treat it like it's a business...)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it means, sign on the dotted line and know what it means. If you dont like it, dont sign.

Anyone who signs in 'good faith' that the company will do them right due to their loyalty is silly.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66 - do you think before you post? Call us whiny little beotches all you want, the fact remains that it's completely assinine to give a guy in Ahman's state a huge contract. I'm not sure what kind of "aww shucks", "gee whiz" world you live in - but the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" environment whether you or I like it, or not. If there was no salary cap and the Packer's had a field of money trees growing out behind Lambeau, then I'd say throw a crapload of it Ahman's way. I love the guy and love what he's done for the Packer's, but when you sign a guy to a contract it's for UPCOMING years...afterall, that's when you'll be paying him. Maybe you've missed the last year or so of Packer football, but Ahman hasn't been himself since last year sometime and he isn't getting younger. You heap on the an injury that is considered career-threatening even to a 23 year old and the writing is on the wall. You have to learn when to let go. It isn't about loyalty at all, it's about keeping the team competitive. You complain about the Packers falling back into an '80s type funk, yet you want to pay Ahman a boatload of money!?! I guess you're right and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it fair that a guy like Ahman produced more over the years than what his contract paid him? No.

But it's not fair either that the Packers had to pay underperformers like Joe Johnson, Jamal Reynolds, Hunt, etc...

It's unfair both ways, but until guys like Joe Johnson and Reynolds start paying back the money they didn't earn, I can't see spending money on guys like Ahman who produced in the past but are unlikely to produce at a high level in the future due to age and injury.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66 - holding out because you might get injured is a bunch of crap. We have every godd$%^ right to ***** when a guy like Javon threatens to hold out. He SIGNED his intial contract and got a lot of bonus money that no one ever speaks of. If he thought he was going to be so great he shouldn't have a signed a contract for that amount of money and for that length of time. I didn't see Javon complaining the first 2 and a half years of his career. Hmmm...I wonder why?!? You chide us by saying "IT WORKS BOTH WAYS", yet what about all the Cletidus Hunt type of players that get paid millions and under-perform? Teams don't get to recover that money they pissed away. Besides, you of all people have the least to say about others coming on this forum and "*****ing".

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
This is a very serious injury that Ahman Green has. Many player who have the same injury, sometimes are not the same player they were before the injury. The contract the Packers will be offering (if they offer a new contract to Green) is for what he will be doing for the Packers in the future not what he did for the team in the past. His past contracts took care of what he did in the past.. This Packer administration will not give Ahman Green a lucrative contract at this time under his present physical conditions until he cleared by Packer medical staff and Packer know how he can perform next season. No NFL team would do it any other way. Pro football is business!! At his age of 29 and injuries he has had, no team will give him a lucative signing bonus and long term lucative contract.

Damn fine post................. Tell me something, Cheddarheads
How long did Terrell Davis play in the NFL?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe Green is making about $3.5mil this year. Now how in hell does that translate into small change? Sure it doesn't equal Favre money but he's played every game for 12/13 yrs. so you can't compare the two. I think that Ahman knows that his career is winding down and is trying to fight the inevitable.

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I think that Ahman knows that his career is winding down and is trying to fight the inevitable.

And he has all the right to do so, but I think this is an internal issue and should not be carried through the media.
Right view, wrong solution.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I may be wrong but I believe Green is making about $3.5mil this year. Now how in hell does that translate into small change? Sure it doesn't equal Favre money but he's played every game for 12/13 yrs. so you can't compare the two. I think that Ahman knows that his career is winding down and is trying to fight the inevitable.

What's more - he's gettin' paid to sit on his butt....
If I had anything to say about it - their pay scale would change the minute they get hurt.. they all are forced to take out insurance for this sorta thing.

This all translates into one thing - higher ticket prices for the fans....
it should be working the other way around....

Members online

Latest posts