2024 Draft Prospect Discussions

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At C I trust Van Pran I DON'T trust Bortolini...and I'm not sure who else is available or haven't seen them.
JPJ and Frazier both could go Day1 but I only graded JPJ as a edge of first round.

Frazier is Day2 worthy as is Van Pran and Limmer.

Nugent is borderline there as well for me.

McMahon and Nourzad are day three centers I love and each could play guard well too.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JPJ and Frazier both could go Day1 but I only graded JPJ as a edge of first round.

Frazier is Day2 worthy as is Van Pran and Limmer.

Nugent is borderline there as well for me.

McMahon and Nourzad are day three centers I love and each could play guard well too.
I forgot about Limmer and Nugent

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At C I trust Van Pran I DON'T trust Bortolini...and I'm not sure who else is available or haven't seen them.
Thanks for the names. I don't even know these guys but will watch for them. C isn't such a need that the Packers need to reach. If someone falls to them, that's great. I still only give Myers one more year, max. That offense is too special to have a weak link at C.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the names. I don't even know these guys but will watch for them. C isn't such a need that the Packers need to reach. If someone falls to them, that's great. I still only give Myers one more year, max. That offense is too special to have a weak link at C.

I don't envision them drafting a pure center unless like 5th round or later but many of the guys mentioned have either played high/solid level guard play before or tested well enough to likely do that.

JPJ - 2022 he primarily played guard
Beaux Limmer - played starting guard for years before center in 20223
Tanor Bortolin - played a lot of LG (400+ snaps) and RG (150+ snaps) in 2022 and in 2021 played over 200 RT snaps.
Nourzad - 2022 over 500 snaps at LG, in 2021 he played 170 snaps at LT and 458 at RT
McMahon - In 2022 he played 530 snaps at either LG or RG and in 2021 he played over 700 snaps between the two spots of LG and RG

Charles Turner a guy I hadn't mentioned from LSU actually came to LSU as a OT and switched in 2022 and never looked back.

Late round darkhorses:
X'Zauvea Gadlin from Liberty - Played center/guard back in 2021, 2022 over 300 snaps at LG and 500+ at RT, and 2023 over 900 at RG. UDFA priority for me if not drafted.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Who do you think the Packers might be interested in along about 6th or 7th round to maybe stash on the practice squad?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't even draft Van Pran before 91 to be honest

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't envision them drafting a pure center unless like 5th round or later but many of the guys mentioned have either played high/solid level guard play before or tested well enough to likely do that.

JPJ - 2022 he primarily played guard
Beaux Limmer - played starting guard for years before center in 20223
Tanor Bortolin - played a lot of LG (400+ snaps) and RG (150+ snaps) in 2022 and in 2021 played over 200 RT snaps.
Nourzad - 2022 over 500 snaps at LG, in 2021 he played 170 snaps at LT and 458 at RT
McMahon - In 2022 he played 530 snaps at either LG or RG and in 2021 he played over 700 snaps between the two spots of LG and RG

Charles Turner a guy I hadn't mentioned from LSU actually came to LSU as a OT and switched in 2022 and never looked back.

Late round darkhorses:
X'Zauvea Gadlin from Liberty - Played center/guard back in 2021, 2022 over 300 snaps at LG and 500+ at RT, and 2023 over 900 at RG. UDFA priority for me if not drafted.
Let's let Bortolini be another team's problem

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you think the Packers might be interested in along about 6th or 7th round to maybe stash on the practice squad?

With that last Pick (I think it's 255) I could see an extra running back, maybe a WR, can't give you a name though sorry

If we want WRs there think Hayden Hatten or Jordan Whittington are two of my late Day3s
If RB....such a tough position to predict but if any of the following are there I'd consider: Jaden Shirden and Jawhar Jordan are two I like late. If Tyrone Tracy finds his way to Day 3 he also is another.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's let Bortolini be another team's problem
I worry about his shotgun snap. I guess he has gotten better, but entering college he had never snapped from that position before. There is a lot more technique than you and I realize. After it was explained to me I realized I know nothing about football!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If we want WRs there think Hayden Hatten or Jordan Whittington are two of my late Day3s
If RB....such a tough position to predict but if any of the following are there I'd consider: Jaden Shirden and Jawhar Jordan are two I like late. If Tyrone Tracy finds his way to Day 3 he also is another.
I really don't care at all about WR's. Not even a little bit. Looking more along the lines of OL, LB, and DB's.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember this is from a non-expert who just started to do some homework. DBs- Proctor, Vaki, Hadden, Devonshire. OL- Nugent, Bills, Raym. LBs-Ford, Bethune, Ulofoshio.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care at all about WR's. Not even a little bit. Looking more along the lines of OL, LB, and DB's.

Few of my late Day3s I'll bring up quick

OL - Josiah Ezirim is an Easter Kentucky prospect I freaking loved what film I could find. Has all the physical traits and tools, I see him as better than Caleb Jones...albeit less of a mountain that can move LOL. Speaking of Caleb Jones...if you want another MOUNTAIN that shows massive progress potentially that is Anim Dankwah from Howard. Dude is 6'8' and over 360lbs this past year.

LB - I loved Jordan Magee when some said he was a Day3 late guy....I honestly don't think he lasts pasts the 5th if he even makes it there...but will share him. I also think Jontrey Hunter from Georgia State has the athletic profile to claw his way to a depth/ST type guy on a team after a year or so...I'll toss Edefuan Ulo from Washington also out.

DBs - I love the season Donte Kent from Central Michigan had and he fits inside or outside and if he shows at his pro day to have sufficient long range speed I could see him being a dog that doesn't go down to the PS easily.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Few of my late Day3s I'll bring up quick

OL - Josiah Ezirim is an Easter Kentucky prospect I freaking loved what film I could find. Has all the physical traits and tools, I see him as better than Caleb Jones...albeit less of a mountain that can move LOL. Speaking of Caleb Jones...if you want another MOUNTAIN that shows massive progress potentially that is Anim Dankwah from Howard. Dude is 6'8' and over 360lbs this past year.

LB - I loved Jordan Magee when some said he was a Day3 late guy....I honestly don't think he lasts pasts the 5th if he even makes it there...but will share him. I also think Jontrey Hunter from Georgia State has the athletic profile to claw his way to a depth/ST type guy on a team after a year or so...I'll toss Edefuan Ulo from Washington also out.

DBs - I love the season Donte Kent from Central Michigan had and he fits inside or outside and if he shows at his pro day to have sufficient long range speed I could see him being a dog that doesn't go down to the PS easily.
Thanks...... food for thought

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember this is from a non-expert who just started to do some homework. DBs- Proctor, Vaki, Hadden, Devonshire. OL- Nugent, Bills, Raym. LBs-Ford, Bethune, Ulofoshio.
Everyone is an expert compared to me Schultzy. I just stay in a Holiday Inn Express the night before the draft.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Jacobs deal; I think we even more have to concentrate on getting some good run blocking on the inside. It seemed like Jones was able to get through holes that other backs would not be able to. And I still think we need to get one of the top 3 RBs in the draft. Along with Wilson as the #3, we will then be good there. imho

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Jacobs deal; I think we even more have to concentrate on getting some good run blocking on the inside. It seemed like Jones was able to get through holes that other backs would not be able to. And I still think we need to get one of the top 3 RBs in the draft. Along with Wilson as the #3, we will then be good there. imho
Cooper Beebe?!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooper Beebe?!
I'm no expert but I have seem him mentioned as a good one. Might be a little reach for the 1st pick but might not be there for the 2nd. That's when it makes sense to trade down a bit. If you have an eye on him and there isn't someone you really want when your 1st pick comes around. For the most part however, I'm thinking we'll be good standing pat. Because a good player is going to be there at 25. imho

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After todays events this is going to be the draft of the big beautiful fatties in the trenches. as it should be.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I worry about his shotgun snap. I guess he has gotten better, but entering college he had never snapped from that position before. There is a lot more technique than you and I realize. After it was explained to me I realized I know nothing about football!
He was pressed into duty as a Freshman and never got better.

Members online

Latest posts