2024 Draft Prospect Discussions

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well get this started as...yes....I have a problem. Excited about this season and seeing all things Love and such but eye is always to the future too.

Throw the prospects you like or hate for the Packers or in general! Discuss away!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So....no detail reports as of now, BUT some guys I think will be Day1 or early Day2 guys that I think Green Bay may like or want:

Joe Alt OT Notre Dame 6'8' 315lbs
Not gonna lie, some may find it odd to see a tackle as a potential Day1 type here, given Tom / Jenkins and Walker all getting praise this year...and who knows yet if Yosh returns or not for 2024. HOWEVER, live with me in a world where Yosh walks to a team that pays him to start for sure at RT or LT....Bakh is finally released and Tom at some point in 2023 shows signs of being an excellent to all pro level Center or RT. Why mess with that? Leave Jenkins where he is, Runyan likely proves he is more than capable and Tom is either your Center or RT of the future.....enter Joe Alt. This young man is a STUD. I expect he tests VERY well given that some of his most impressive traits are lateral quickness and athleticism (past Tight End and basketball stud)...the only thing I see he needs work on his hand technique, and with that the issue of letting guys get into his chest sometimes will go away...his arm length appears to be more than enough and something we all know is an indicator of top level success. I envision Alt can come in and serve as a team's LT in his rookie year personally and is why he is on this VERY early list.

Brock Bowers TE Georgia 6'4' 230lbs
Look, this is protective in part...other part is I JUST FREAKING LOVE THIS PROSPECT. Bowers to me would be the absolute incredible compliment to Musgrave IF Kraft doesn't appear to illustrate clicking in the future. Bowers is a stud, and one of the most productive and beastly TEs in a while.

Sedrick Van-Pran iOL Georgia 6'4' 310lbs
I'm not one to want to use Day1 capital on an iOL but Day2 let's go when they're special. Sedrick is a STUD, and last two years played center for one of the best teams in the nation. If Myers days are done after this year, and Tom is not going to be center in 2024 - getting us a first year starter at Center IMO is a must acquire for Gute either through the draft or FA....and you can do far far worse than Van-Pran if you look to the draft.

Rome Odunze WR Washington 6'3' 215lbs
For his size, his mixture of speed and footwork made me want us to grab him last year.....he didn't declare. This year he for sure will I'd think and he is absolutely a guy that early in Day 2 if he has made it there I don't care how good Watson / Doubs and Reed illustrate YOU GET THIS DUDE. Just big play maker for the Huskies and started the year off with 7 receptions / 132 yards and a TD....after last year putting up 1,145 yards and 7 TDs on 75 receptions.

Max Melton CB Rutgers 6'0' 190lbs
Melton, yes he is the brother of Bo, is for me that guy I feel many are overlooking and yet is a very solid all around CB that I see transitioning to the next level very well. His hips, long speed and short range quickness jump off the film - his tape against Ohio State was something I've not seen much of. A gleaming Day 2 CB prospect that depending on Stokes health, Rasul future and/or if Valentine is the real deal may be a sneaky need this team could be facing. Over the last two seasons this young man put together 58 tackles / 5 INTs / 15 PDs / 2 FRs and even one TD. Started this year off against Northwestern with a pick and a PD already... Look out for Melton, if his testing goes well and he produces as I predict he will - he will get some Day 1 consideration by some scouts I bet.

DJ James CB Auburn 6'1' 170lbs
If asked who is that 3rd round type CB that might shock people, absolutely shock people in three years with what they have....my response is a 'bean stalk' built CB out of Auburn - DJ James is the name. Yes strength is an issue and you do not want him going against big massive WR types or split out big TEs....well maybe. Don't let the size of the dog, tell you the fight or ability in the dog. If he was a bit better built and actually had more ball production I strongly think James could be in the discussion as a Top 3 or 4 CB if he continues to deliver at Auburn. Keep an eye on James....could end up being that 60-100 pick that shines massively for a team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My very early priority list based on what is in the position rooms now:
Safety. I still don't see two solid starters there.
TE: Two is not enough just based on numbers and scheme.
iOL: Another EJ would be a nice find. I don't care when after day 1.
RB: We'll be overhauling the room next off season and will need at least one.
T: A stud would be nice but we have a good pair available if needed.
CB: They never seem to be great long enough. Always need one in the pipeline.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So....no detail reports as of now, BUT some guys I think will be Day1 or early Day2 guys that I think Green Bay may like or want:

Joe Alt OT Notre Dame 6'8' 315lbs
Not gonna lie, some may find it odd to see a tackle as a potential Day1 type here, given Tom / Jenkins and Walker all getting praise this year...and who knows yet if Yosh returns or not for 2024. HOWEVER, live with me in a world where Yosh walks to a team that pays him to start for sure at RT or LT....Bakh is finally released and Tom at some point in 2023 shows signs of being an excellent to all pro level Center or RT. Why mess with that? Leave Jenkins where he is, Runyan likely proves he is more than capable and Tom is either your Center or RT of the future.....enter Joe Alt. This young man is a STUD. I expect he tests VERY well given that some of his most impressive traits are lateral quickness and athleticism (past Tight End and basketball stud)...the only thing I see he needs work on his hand technique, and with that the issue of letting guys get into his chest sometimes will go away...his arm length appears to be more than enough and something we all know is an indicator of top level success. I envision Alt can come in and serve as a team's LT in his rookie year personally and is why he is on this VERY early list.

Brock Bowers TE Georgia 6'4' 230lbs
Look, this is protective in part...other part is I JUST FREAKING LOVE THIS PROSPECT. Bowers to me would be the absolute incredible compliment to Musgrave IF Kraft doesn't appear to illustrate clicking in the future. Bowers is a stud, and one of the most productive and beastly TEs in a while.

Sedrick Van-Pran iOL Georgia 6'4' 310lbs
I'm not one to want to use Day1 capital on an iOL but Day2 let's go when they're special. Sedrick is a STUD, and last two years played center for one of the best teams in the nation. If Myers days are done after this year, and Tom is not going to be center in 2024 - getting us a first year starter at Center IMO is a must acquire for Gute either through the draft or FA....and you can do far far worse than Van-Pran if you look to the draft.

For his size, his mixture of speed and footwork made me want us to grab him last year.....he didn't declare. This year he for sure will I'd think and he is absolutely a guy that early in Day 2 if he has made it there I don't care how good Watson / Doubs and Reed illustrate YOU GET THIS DUDE. Just big play maker for the Huskies and started the year off with 7 receptions / 132 yards and a TD....after last year putting up 1,145 yards and 7 TDs on 75 receptions.

Max Melton CB Rutgers 6'0' 190lbs
Melton, yes he is the brother of Bo, is for me that guy I feel many are overlooking and yet is a very solid all around CB that I see transitioning to the next level very well. His hips, long speed and short range quickness jump off the film - his tape against Ohio State was something I've not seen much of. A gleaming Day 2 CB prospect that depending on Stokes health, Rasul future and/or if Valentine is the real deal may be a sneaky need this team could be facing. Over the last two seasons this young man put together 58 tackles / 5 INTs / 15 PDs / 2 FRs and even one TD. Started this year off against Northwestern with a pick and a PD already... Look out for Melton, if his testing goes well and he produces as I predict he will - he will get some Day 1 consideration by some scouts I bet.

DJ James CB Auburn 6'1' 170lbs
If asked who is that 3rd round type CB that might shock people, absolutely shock people in three years with what they have....my response is a 'bean stalk' built CB out of Auburn - DJ James is the name. Yes strength is an issue and you do not want him going against big massive WR types or split out big TEs....well maybe. Don't let the size of the dog, tell you the fight or ability in the dog. If he was a bit better built and actually had more ball production I strongly think James could be in the discussion as a Top 3 or 4 CB if he continues to deliver at Auburn. Keep an eye on James....could end up being that 60-100 pick that shines massively for a team.

Bowers would make our tight end room an embarrassment of riches and I'm all about making this team Georgia north lol. We 100% need a center so I'll be watching that position this year pretty closely.

Also, running back, not seeing anyone I'm super in love with right now, but we definitely need someone for after Aaron Jones and I don't think that guy is on the roster. I'm interested in Blake Corum because he's kind of a Jones clone, but he is older. This running back group doesn't have me that excited.

Definitely need to watch corner and safety prospects in this draft.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bowers would make our tight end room an embarrassment of riches and I'm all about making this team Georgia north lol. We 100% need a center so I'll be watching that position this year pretty closely.t

Also, running back, not seeing anyone I'm super in love with right now, but we definitely need someone for after Aaron Jones and I don't think that guy is on the roster. I'm interested in Blake Corum because he's kind of a Jones clone, but he is older. This running back group doesn't have me that excited.

Definitely need to watch corner and safety prospects in this draft.
The running backs don't look that good because Dillon does not look that good. I'm thinking he may be the 4th RB right now. But Jones was fantastic, so not sure what game you were watching.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is the same game I was watching. This thread is about next year's draft. IMO there is at least a 50% chance Jones is gone next year. As of right now drafting a back in the 3rd or 4th round sounds like a great idea to me. Even if Jones stays he will be a year older and he does miss time. Now Dillon does have enough time to prove he is a solid NFL back and Wilson may get a chance to become a RB2. IMO Taylor is a RB3. If they lose Jones and Dillon does not start to look any better, then I wouldn't think a 2nd round RB would be out of the question. As always this is part of 1st week over reactions more times than not.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The running backs don't look that good because Dillon does not look that good. I'm thinking he may be the 4th RB right now. But Jones was fantastic, so not sure what game you were watching.
I was referring to the running backs in college. It doesn't seem like a strong group and no one has really popped for me yet. Aaron Jones is a stud for sure.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you thinking Running Backs...here's some early EARLY guys I might like us to look at:

Audric Estime Notre Dame - 5'11' 227lbs
He's a big back, that plays nimble, shift direction and has another gear in open albeit not ELITE speed, he can make big plays and does! He has no fear and is built stout enough to possibly replace some of Dillon but with a touch of Jones to him too. Last year he put up 1,055 yards on the ground at a 6.4 average per carry, 12 TDs and tossed in just over 100 yards receiving. This year he is averaging 8.3 and just three games in has 400 yards with 4 TDs already.

Raheim Sanders Arkansas 6'2' 242lbs
This dude has PRODUCED...2021 season through the start of this year this young man has 2,439 yards total, 6.2 average per and has chipped in 376 yards through the air. 20 TDs on ground and three in the air.

Carson Steele UCLA (by way of Ball State) 6'1' 225lbs
This dude is just walking yards on display! In two years with Ball State he put up 2770 yards, averaged 5.3 and tossed in 22TDs in those two years...BUT also through the air added 323 yards on 41 receptions with 2 TDs. Now at UCLA, he's got 185 yards on the ground and 160 yards through the air with 3 TDs (2 on ground). Proven to produce at a sub-par school (Ball State) despite being the focus of defenses...and still producing at UCLA. Keep an eye on him.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Safety help, another starter quality ILB, safety, and O-Line. Would prefer O-Lne and safety be addressed in the 1st 2 rounds.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you thinking Running Backs...here's some early EARLY guys I might like us to look at:

He's a big back, that plays nimble, shift direction and has another gear in open albeit not ELITE speed, he can make big plays and does! He has no fear and is built stout enough to possibly replace some of Dillon but with a touch of Jones to him too. Last year he put up 1,055 yards on the ground at a 6.4 average per carry, 12 TDs and tossed in just over 100 yards receiving. This year he is averaging 8.3 and just three games in has 400 yards with 4 TDs already.

This dude has PRODUCED...2021 season through the start of this year this young man has 2,439 yards total, 6.2 average per and has chipped in 376 yards through the air. 20 TDs on ground and three in the air.

This dude is just walking yards on display! In two years with Ball State he put up 2770 yards, averaged 5.3 and tossed in 22TDs in those two years...BUT also through the air added 323 yards on 41 receptions with 2 TDs. Now at UCLA, he's got 185 yards on the ground and 160 yards through the air with 3 TDs (2 on ground). Proven to produce at a sub-par school (Ball State) despite being the focus of defenses...and still producing at UCLA. Keep an eye on him.

Lol, ok..... here we go again. First guy mentioned is a dang Notre Damer.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is Raheim listed that big now? I thought he was 220ish. Love him though. Like Trey Benson as well. Carson Steele is weird. I've only watched one UCLA game and he seems like a bull, but with some athleticism. Not sure what to think of him yet.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That kick off return this week was a thing of beauty. He's big and he has hips.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR is becoming more and more of a position I'll avoid deep dives on anyone I consider clear Day 1s outside of guys I already know...I think GB has set themselves up for this next year to be a continued defensive or OL heavy draft...with RB a sneaky Day 2 option. WR is stacked for the future so Day3 is about what I expect...TE is a 3rd-5th tops bet I think to add to....

But with RBs in mind let's discuss a couple more to add to my watchlist I like:

Blake Watson...Memphis Tigers (by way of Old Dominion) 5'9' 195lbs
This young man caught my eye while watching Kuntz film last year. He is absolutely tearing it up at Memphis and already has over 550 yards through air or ground through four games. What is more impressive is he is in a shared backfield with him only having so far just 58 of the 144 carries overall. His diverse abilities are the most attractive part of him, yes he's slightly smaller but he uses it well and is built more like he would be in that 205 range if I were guessing. His change of direction and ability to split out wide is an incredible weapon for MLF should he come here.

Devin Neal Kansas 5'11 210lbs
More traditionally built than Watson, he isn't just a ground threat chipping in 145 yards already this year which is nearly his whole 2022 total which was 183. An already immensely productive runner in 2022 (1,090 yards) and 2021 (707 yards as a freshman) this year it's like his whole skillset exploded....his agility and stability through contact grew and his explosiveness as a receiver is a complete upgrade to what he was last year. If he stays healthy I believe is one of my clear favorite Day 2 targets with a few of the maybe Day1 guys gone and not worth the draft capital arguable given positional value.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kamren Kinchens Miami (FL) 6'0' 200lbs
Now reported weight is from 198-205lbs - but his frame is solid enough I figured more...but he is also listed 5'11' some places and 6 foot others...either way fellas this dude is a DAWG. 2022 was his HELLO season for everyone putting up 6 INTS (1TD), 59 tackles and 5 PDs. THE BEST PFF GRADE OF FREAKING 90.0 (Coverage grade of 90.7). He didn't miss tackles, he didn't miss coverage assignments and he made big time plays. He has some of the best hips I've seen in this class able to sink down and attack, accellerate in backpedal and even swing his hips while exploding (unless a 180 switch then his elite transition becomes above average). Eye discipline and not biting on unders at the cost of overs is the only part I see that needs polishing but I love what this young man is. Day2 level type IMO...remember its early.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few more additions...

This guy is one I'm consistent on if anything, until his knee injury last year I was BIG BIG BIG on this guy as my Day 2 target. Jordan Morgan OT 6'6' 320lbs our of Arizona is an incredible athlete and I believe is a guy that should be a Day1 dude that may very well be there on Day 2. Posting an 82.0 PFF pass blocking grade last year and so far this year an average of 81.3 - he is picking up right where he left off. Light feet and the ability to flash vertically in either direction showcases his athleticism as his top trait. His feet and lower half is where his whole success starts. EVERYTHING about him checks the boxes for me....BUT one big thing - length. He is definitely not one of those 34 plus inch dudes...may even be at or just under 33. BUT he is one guy that his tape makes me overlook his arm length truthfully almost...which is TOUGH for me to do as I'm a 33 minimum or you're not a OT type guy - just an outlier trait quality. HOWEVER, in GB our guard play is in trouble too....Newman isn't worth a future resign, Jenkins lost a season and then significant injury this year while Runyan may have plateau'd. We have Zach Tom who we want playing outside, may very well be one of if not turning into our best G (OL honestly). Drafting Morgan would at WORST give you a day one guard prospect, but I think could very easily provide one of the two tackle spots as well potentially.

Maason Smith 6'6' 315lbs DL from LSU....look I despise LSU's coach Kelly...so I purposefully don't want to take a guy that has been touched by him honestly...but Maason Smith is a special force in the trenches that I just cannot ignore. Would it be overkill given what we have up front forming (as I type this in October with a lot of season left)...maybe? However, say Wyatt just doesn't explode like he seems set to...what if Brooks and Wooden come down to earth....Slaton plateau...there is a world where I 100% support the concept of using our First Rounder on a BIG dog up front - we gotta get better against the run and why not try to duplicate what teams like the Eagles have done - get young and get studs there.

Cole Bishop S Utah 6'2' 207lbs....we all know I really do like Nubin from Minnesota, but the more I watch Bishop the more I'm really liking what I see. Strongly graded safety three straight years. He has the range and hips to cover the field, and his tackling skills for a backend safety are quite good. Utah has him everywhere...even used as a rushing attacker with high rate of success too...7 sacks to his credit in just 2 and a half seasons essentially and 33 credited pressures per PFF. In just five games this year in coverage his guys have went just 4 receptions on 13 targets for 52 yards...2 INTs. Utah isn't usually a defensive powerhouse to look at prospect wise, but don't be surprised to hear or see more folks talking about Bishop as we get past the bowls and he declare for the draft.

Khyree Jackson CB 6'3' 195lbs....an Oregon duck by way of the crimson tide is having a dynamite year. While I think he is likely to not declare and go back for a fourth year - keep an eye fellas. He is posting some of the best coverage grades, has the measurables, has excelled against some excellent WRs prospects typically on the opponents best. He has given up 8 receptions on 17 targets for just 57 yards...but has tossed in 2 INTs and 4 pass breakups. He is an excellent example of don't let your man get a catch, if they do don't let your man get a yard mentality.

Cade Stover TE Ohio State 6'4' 251lbs...there is a world in which I'm smiling IMMENSELY and that is if I can say our TE room has Musgrave, Kraft and Stover in it for training camp next season. Everyone knows this Notre Dame fan surprisingly loves Stover, wanted him last year early on Day 3 if he went out...but he didn't. This year Bowers and maybe a couple other TEs are going to take the show due to their stats or their wide receiver traits...don't overlook Stover though. A bigger type TE, this young man shines at blocking more than he struggles...this year against Notre Dame his run blocking was SPECIAL all night...I know because I was so pissed by it. However, he didn't stop there, time and time again he showcased his receiving abilities and experience at reading defenses for soft spots putting up 7 receptions for 52 yards (two other games this year he put up 5 catches and at least 90 yards). He isn't Brock Bowers, but he very well may be the second most wanted TE for what I feel he would add to our TE room.....Musgrave is our athletic receiver style...Stover would add that more beefy blocker type with receiving ability...and Kraft who is like splitting the middle.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some bucket type groupings...

Some LBs I'm really really liking tape on (there are more but just a quick note):

Cedric Gray UNC - He may very well be my early Day2 crush this year after the likely 1st round type(s) that happen.
Barrett Carter Clemson - he is my LB#1 and I don't see that changing.
Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State - liked him a lot at ND and he is still being solid for Ohio State...but I will say presently I have a 3rd round grade and would expect he washes out somewhere in my top 75-115 range.
Junior Colson Michigan - he is up there with Gray on my Day2 crush list...but truthfully chance he is getting 1st round projections if he tests well with what he is putting together.

Some Safeties:
Kamren Kinchens Miami
Tyler Nubin Minnesota
Jahdae Barron Texas
Jaden Hicks Washington State
Malachi Moore Alabama

Some higher end Tackles
Olumuyiwa Fashanu - he is my OT1 atm...top 10 prospect currently.
Joe Alt - literally like OT1B at the moment for me..
Graham Barton - LT I really like but will be honest, he either just is flat out nasty good and makes it look easy or there is something off about his motor for me. I really want to watch more tape.
Jordan Morgan Arizona - Here's a hot take...I think he will be one of my Top 4 OTs in the draft most likely.
Tyler Guyton Oklahoma - IF we think we want Tom being our LT of the future or moving Jenkins there...Guyton is a guy that might be the RT of this draft I love like I did Darnell Wright last cycle.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And folks I have a center I think I'd fully support Gute grab early...not mid or early first but even say he trades deep into the 30s of the first in a trade back - Sedrick Van Pran. Immediately making Myers in his final year a tradeable asset or a solid starting experienced back up.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brevyn Spann-Ford 6'7' 270lbs - the Marcedes Lewis replacement, just a year late.

I'm serious when I say that, and I don't toss that around lightly. Now before you go check his PFF grading or pull up film, this year Minnesota has changed entirely how they are using him and truthfully Minnesota is a mess and I fear it is trickling down to everyone. He is still however a freaking experienced and fully capable blocker that in 2022 and 2021 showcased just how dumb it can be though to not mark him in the passing game -

2021 - 23 Receptions for 296 Yards / 12.9 YPC and a TD
2022 - 42 Receptions for 497 yards / 11.8 YPC and 2 TDs
2023 - he is at 13 Receptions for 66 yards / 5.1 YPC and no TDs yet

Given what type of TE he is I truly don't see him elevating up over a 3rd round prospect, but presently there may not be a more experienced and capable day 1 blocker in his position this coming draft and given how TE strong our system is and Deguara likely shown the door this offseason I think adding a blocker type to the stable would go a long way in helping Love and the OL and MLF system.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not saying definitively but buddy told me to send him in pictures guys I think folks need to know or talk about more for GB for WR, RB and Safety

So….

Attachments

• 5C7D9E1D-A34B-4EE2-9659-6DBC6A2AFE2F.png
    5C7D9E1D-A34B-4EE2-9659-6DBC6A2AFE2F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 90147CE4-3B17-440D-9E4B-5DFE653C4AE2.png
    90147CE4-3B17-440D-9E4B-5DFE653C4AE2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 48081610-91CE-43A0-808C-58BDC0D33E8A.png
    48081610-91CE-43A0-808C-58BDC0D33E8A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So... probably not a popular discussion right now, but can we talk about the quarterbacks in this class? It's a pretty strong one, and if we decide that Love is not the future, it's a good class to dip our toes in. I know everyone has Williams and Maye as their #1 and #2, but I really like what I'm seeing from J.J. McCarthy. However, it's also pretty deep if we want to take a swing later on in the draft. Penix is older which may cause him to drop, but has looked really good this year. Jayden Daniels might only be a backup, but he's intriguing as well. Hartman and Nix are later-round guys that might be interesting too.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So... probably not a popular discussion right now, but can we talk about the quarterbacks in this class? It's a pretty strong one, and if we decide that Love is not the future, it's a good class to dip our toes in. I know everyone has Williams and Maye as their #1 and #2, but I really like what I'm seeing from J.J. McCarthy. However, it's also pretty deep if we want to take a swing later on in the draft. Penix is older which may cause him to drop, but has looked really good this year. Jayden Daniels might only be a backup, but he's intriguing as well. Hartman and Nix are later-round guys that might be interesting too.

Penix is a very limited physical traits QB and I wouldn't want beyond a Day 2 flyer personally - I like him but I don't see the arm strength I want and see a Teddy Bridgewater type guy...which is why NOT bad at all and for sure should get drafter Day2 but I think a team that takes him on Day1 is gambling too much.

ATM Maye or Quinn Ewers are two of my favorites should Quinn decide to declare...with NIL money only way I see him doing it is if he is told clear Day1 guy.

I want nothing to do with diva/immature child that also is named Caleb Williams.

Truth be told if Quinn stays and Shedeur does too...the 2025 class I think could be quite good and rival the 2024 one.

This draft I still argue unless Love and MLF would stop being a tale of two halves and suck utterly through whole games - it would be ignorant management of a draft to go QB Day1 and arguably Day 2 in the second round. BUT I'll admit there would be some signal callers if they like them that should fall to third round I could see them scratch that card.

IN a dream world a Sam Hartman makes it to the fourth round and he becomes our QB2 - I think he is a much better passer than Clifford personally.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penix is a very limited physical traits QB and I wouldn't want beyond a Day 2 flyer personally - I like him but I don't see the arm strength I want and see a Teddy Bridgewater type guy...which is why NOT bad at all and for sure should get drafter Day2 but I think a team that takes him on Day1 is gambling too much.

ATM Maye or Quinn Ewers are two of my favorites should Quinn decide to declare...with NIL money only way I see him doing it is if he is told clear Day1 guy.

I want nothing to do with diva/immature child that also is named Caleb Williams.

Truth be told if Quinn stays and Shedeur does too...the 2025 class I think could be quite good and rival the 2024 one.

This draft I still argue unless Love and MLF would stop being a tale of two halves and suck utterly through whole games - it would be ignorant management of a draft to go QB Day1 and arguably Day 2 in the second round. BUT I'll admit there would be some signal callers if they like them that should fall to third round I could see them scratch that card.

IN a dream world a Sam Hartman makes it to the fourth round and he becomes our QB2 - I think he is a much better passer than Clifford personally.
I thought it was almost guaranteed by Deion that Shedeur is staying.

I'm very raw at evaluating quarterbacks, to be honest, but I saw some very nice deep balls thrown by Penix, his ceiling does seem somewhat capped.

I haven't watched any Texas games this year so I can't say much about Ewers, but I would imagine he would stay since Manning is still a year out from starting. He'd be one of, if not the top quarterback coming out next year.

Hartman was so fun to watch at Wake Forest and shows flashes. Grayson McCall is another later-round prospect who's flashed too.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ is a great kid. I ran the clock for every one of his H.S. home games his freshman thru junior years. I met Harbaugh when he came to watch him play. It has been fun to watch him progress.