2024 draft discussion thread

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bullard was the best of the free safety class. He really doesn't have much competition so he could be walking into a starting job real quick. It's a nice pick in that a fills a big need, he's got a lot of good skills and Gute didn't reach into the 5th round for the pick so the value is there.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I love it. Getting cocky is usually the kiss of death. Did you just jinx yourself. I think 90% of people had ECoop in the 2nd. You could have a big lead and then someone pulls out a 6th or 7th rounder and ****.
Well I didn't have Bullard, so my run is over, but we were having some fun today. I always say you gotta have fun

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Bullard shouldn't stop Gute from getting Odapo from Washington State with pick 168 from the Saints. I think he'd be a steal in the 5th and would even be worth a 4th round pick.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Gute, trade up, I am starting to get bored. Honestly, I do not want him to overpay. CBs who could last until 91. J.Jones, Hart, Carson, Phillips, & R. Green. Thoughts on the other 3rd round pick? DL-E-RB? Double up at OL or LB?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really won't have much opportunity to compare Packer picks with Viking picks since they gutted their draft to move up 6 places in round 1 yesterday. I know draft chart value has a place but did the Jaguars ever get a huge haul in draft capital. High 3rd and 4th round picks are nothing to sneeze at. A lot of starters and important depth players are found there.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 picks in, and the Gutemonster has solved 3 of our 4 biggest problems - 2 of 3 immediate, and one depth problem. Immediate help at S and LB, a solid depth/upgrade at OL. That's a damned good start. Even if he doesn't make another pick, he's probably made our team significantly better already.

I'm hoping next we go CB and maybe EDGE, then start double-dipping at just about any point he sees the right value. The man is on top of his game this weekend.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't change that channel, folks. Stay in front of your TV. With 2 5ths, 3 6ths, and 2 7ths, there is probably at least one Day Two trade coming tonight. I'll be surprised if we don't pick again until 88.

scheeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't change that channel, folks. Stay in front of your TV. With 2 5ths, 3 6ths, and 2 7ths, there is probably at least one Day Two trade coming tonight. I'll be surprised if we don't pick again until 88.
I don't know - Gute has filled the three true needs already, and they are positions where a second selection is off the table. He's in great position to let the board come to him.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know - Gute has filled the three true needs already, and they are positions where a second selection is off the table. He's in great position to let the board come to him.
Yes, that's true, he definitely is. But 30 picks is a long time for a guy like Gute to go without seeing at least one player slide to where he can't resist moving up and poaching him. I think it's most likely he would trade for a CB, but most other positions, he would be more likely to take what's there and count on his staff to spot talent that other teams don't see.

Aside from CB, I would expect him to double dip at LB and OL (or maybe go WR) with his BPA at any given spot. Maybe even a QB.

I rarely make specific prediction regarding things I can not control, but I did come close a few times the last couple of months when I said I fully expect him to turn his 11 picks into at least 13. And now at the end of 2 rounds, we have 3 excellent players, plus 10 more picks - more than most other teams had even at the start.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called Beebe go soon...I'll say this if Glaze makes it out of the third I'd be surprised. HOT TAKE