2024 draft discussion thread

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
And now a pass catching back. The best LB in the draft, the second best OT in the draft, the best nickel/SAF in the draft and the best RB in the draft....Now lets get TJ Tampa and go to bed.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TyRon who?

Don't ever recall anybody talking about him. Just looked him up. He was the 13th ranked LB and no. 171 on the consensus board. Gute just reached into the 6th round. Shades of Deguara all over again. What makes it even more of a bitter pill is Douglas was dealt to get a 6th round pick.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Gute and the boys have hit this draft out of the park on the first 2 days. Tomorrow is just gravy

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TyRon who?

Don't ever recall anybody talking about him. Just looked him up. He was the 13th ranked LB and no. 171 on the consensus board. Gute just reached into the 6th round. Shades of Deguara all over again. What makes it even more of a bitter pill is Douglas was dealt to get a 6th round pick.

Not really and yes some of us talked about him. I saw him and Wallace as likely targets of GB and viewed very similar for them.

Truthfully I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Gute approaches off ball LB or Safety not even inside the first three or four picks, but instead doubles up quickly end of Day2/beginning of Day3. Think say drafting Malik Mustapha and Kitan Oladapo instead of trying to nab Hicks or Bishop in the second...

Or grabbing Trevin Wallace and Ty'Ron Hopper again end of Day2/beginning of Day3 instead of grabbing Cooper Day1/2 or Colson with likely one of the two seconds.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Does Gute have confidence in Stokes? 2. Does he have a CB plan in FA? 3. Is he planning on trading up in rd. 4 tomorrow and drafting a CB?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that was our head scratcher for 2024...

But I don't see how folks could scratch too hard. He was profile/prospect very similar to Wallace and GB brought them both in on a Top 30. Hopper is a very Packer athletic type profile and with Wallace gone I thought if we double dipped it was likely Hopper or Gray

He is a very fast, quick and explosive side line to side line type guy. He gets lost in the shuffle of a pack though and will need to work on base strength and ability to bend and fight off engagements but dude wasn't a big shocker persay.

I had him as 127th ranked on my big board.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute and the boys have hit this draft out of the park on the first 2 days. Tomorrow is just gravy
I like the Cooper, Bullard and Loyd picks but reaching into the 6th round to get Hopper hurts. I also don't know if anybody can tell me how Morgan is a better football player than Graham Barton. That pick reminds me of reaching for Myers and skipping Creed Humpfrey. I'd say that the first round pick is highly questionable while pick 91 is a reach as bad as the Deguara pick. Looks like another round 3 curse.

scheeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fun fact: Edgerrin Cooper was #45 on the consensus board, Javon Bullard was #58, and Marshawn Lloyd was #88. Weirdly precise.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don't see how folks could scratch too hard. He was profile/prospect very similar to Wallace and GB brought them both in on a Top 30. Hopper is a very Packer athletic type profile and with Wallace gone I thought if we double dipped it was likely Hopper or Gray

He is a very fast, quick and explosive side line to side line type guy. He gets lost in the shuffle of a pack though and will need to work on base strength and ability to bend and fight off engagements but dude wasn't a big shocker persay.

I had him as 127th ranked on my big board.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think it's a shocker because to me it's a bit early. Also, 4.7 to me isn't that fast for a linebacker and his agility wasn't great. He doesn't excel in coverage and isn't really the thumper we need opposite of Cooper and Quay. I feel like we needed a Colson or Gray type linebacker to go next to the two we have to back up McDuffie. I don't hate the pick, just think it's early for him and there was a lot of other talent on the board. Would've liked Hicks or Mahogany but that's just me.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we just lost Jones who I thought could have been better than Hopper.
Hopper was the 13th rated LB in a very weak class. Let that sink in. We just witnessed some real draft negligence squandering the pick we got for Rasul Douglas. In essence, Gute just traded Douglas for the 13 th rated LB in a very weak class. Pathetic.