Za'Darius Smith "Packer For Life"?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z doubled down, Instagram picture of him and his son saying his son is telling him he wants him to be a Packer for life.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have been good at finding OL, however most of the recent finds have been interior players. Tackle is a different story.
I get your point. I agree that we need great players on the team because they make others around them better. We have lots of needs on this team such as DL, LB, CB, WR, and TE. As you pointed the Packers have been good at finding linemen. At left tackle, we've been lucky to have Bahktiari, Clifton, Ross Verba, Ken Ruttgers, and further on back to Skoronski. In the last 30 years, we only had a season or two of Marshall Newhouse where LT was a concern. I would rather not pay premium dollars at a position that we have been good at drafting/filling and then spending that money to fill multiple holes in other areas of need.

You and I just differ on strategy but still agree on our love of the Packers!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I get your point. I agree that we need great players on the team because they make others around them better. We have lots of needs on this team such as DL, LB, CB, WR, and TE. As you pointed the Packers have been good at finding linemen. At left tackle, we've been lucky to have Bahktiari, Clifton, Ross Verba, Ken Ruttgers, and further on back to Skoronski. In the last 30 years, we only had a season or two of Marshall Newhouse where LT was a concern. I would rather not pay premium dollars at a position that we have been good at drafting/filling and then spending that money to fill multiple holes in other areas of need.

You and I just differ on strategy but still agree on our love of the Packers!

I understand both sides of Paying or not paying Bahk. No argument that the Packers have been very fortunate or very gifted in the OL in the last how many years. Seems like pretty low draft investments have turned into really high quality players. So I can see the argument of "save the money, let Bahk walk and just draft his replacement." Problem is, if you look around the league, other teams are struggling to do this, even with high draft picks. Or just pull up some film of Jason Spriggs. So you let Bahk walk, put Jenkins in his spot and we have the same decision on Jenkins in 2 years. Also, is LT the highest and best use for Jenkins and then what do we do at LG or the C position?

It would have been a huge dice roll to let Bahk walk and of course his injury stings big time, but that occurred after the resign. If nothing else, the Packers and their fans will get a good idea of what life without Bahk would have looked like for at least the first half of the 2021 season.

So the question is, do the Packers have some kind of secret success formula for producing great OL players or have they just been lucky?

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers having had success with offensive linemen in the past doesn't automatically mean they could have adequately replaced Bakhtiari with a draft pick by any means.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's this on us disrespecting him and he joined the Queens just to get back us as we play twice a year?

Jeez, what a ******!

Reaction score
What's this on us disrespecting him and he joined the Queens just to get back us as we play twice a year?

Jeez, what a ******!
I wonder what the real story is here, there's always 2 sides to the story. I don't see the Packers shunning a guy unless there's more to this story. In any case, I'm sure glad we have a good possibility of starting with Bak and JEnkins outside and Myers inside.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wonder what the real story is here, there's always 2 sides to the story. I don't see the Packers shunning a guy unless there's more to this story. In any case, I'm sure glad we have a good possibility of starting with Bak and JEnkins outside and Myers inside.
That is the way I feel too and let's face it, the media loves to blow all this stuff up and usually way out of proportion. Had Zadarius signed with the New York Jets, we wouldn't hear much. Now that he is a Viking...its a GREAT story for the media.

Reaction score
That MN Defense looks pretty stacked. I'd pick on Chandon Sullivan as he's not the strongest suit there in the Slot.

Also, Camryn Bynum needs a heavy dose of plays on his side, he's as close as you get to a Green Pea in a Purple suit

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the way I feel too and let's face it, the media loves to blow all this stuff up and usually way out of proportion. Had Zadarius signed with the New York Jets, we wouldn't hear much. Now that he is a Viking...its a GREAT story for the media.
It's a direct quote, so can't blame on media. Esp given it being directly aimed at us. It's not like we had a bad culture before him.

"How I was here in the building," Smith said in the interview, holding his hand high before tilting it down, "I came down to here. To a nobody. To everybody in building. I was like, 'Damn, why am I being treated like this? I brought the culture. I helped change this s---. Why the f--- am I the one being treated like that?'

"Walking past me not saying nothing. 'Z, how's your back doing?' There was none of that. As you can see, that adds on to why I'm on the other side. So, I can go back. I get to go back two times a year."

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me like he's been butt hurt ever since he wasn't named a captain at the start of last year.
Now Jaire is butthurt he didn't get voted in this year. Lafleur should just select captains himself. One offense, one defense and one special teams. It would save alot of trouble.

D

Deleted member 6794

Now Jaire is butthurt he didn't get voted in this year. Lafleur should just select captains himself. One offense, one defense and one special teams. It would save alot of trouble.

I guess you're solely speculating here, aren't you?

Reaction score
An article came out saying he felt slighted he wasn't made a C.

How about, get over it, considering the packers made you the highest paid corner in the league?
I saw J's reaction in an interview when asked about not being elected a Captain. Honestly, I didn't get the impression at all that J had any reservations there. He did not allude to that feeling, he just said he didn't make the cut is all. I don't think he's worried about it at all, I think the reporters make this stuff a big deal and they ask questions that border on irritating. I'm not sure how those players handle interviews so well. 50% of those interviews is just a total waste of time. How would we all like to be asked stupid questions after work every day?:roflmao:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z went where he got the most $$$ with the best situation. I do remember back in the day Detroit released Alex Karras when he was due a big chunk of money. Asked if he would try to sign elsewhere Alex said he’d play for free if he could suit up every week for whoever was playing the LIONS.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Z went where he got the most $$$ with the best situation. I do remember back in the day Detroit released Alex Karras when he was due a big chunk of money. Asked if he would try to sign elsewhere Alex said he’d play for free if he could suit up every week for whoever was playing the LIONS.
Mongo just pawn in game of life.

D

Deleted member 6794

An article came out saying he felt slighted he wasn't made a C.

Link? I'm interested in which of the well respected media outlets had a thorough investigated story about that less than 24 hours after the captains were elected.