Yes the Giants front 4 are healthy and very good

Reaction score
because the truth of the matter is that your defense has gone about about their business consistantly and have not showed signs of getting better while its like watching a different team by us.

This point has been beaten down to a pulp. I just hope you guys don't think that those numbers represent the defense your going to see this weekend. If you do your going to have a long day watching the game.

The health factor of our defense and progression of some younger players has completely upgraded this defense. Overlooking it because of stats a month n half ago would be stupid on your part.
We have gone into every game this year expecting nothing but touchdowns every drive from the opponent. I'm not afraid of the defense because I know that they won't show up except for maybe a lucky stop here or there. It's the offense that I know that will show up. Rodgers will just have to outscore the Giants.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so true. If they win this game, it will make headlines all week but if the Packers win, we would barely hear what the score is. Almost every analyst is picking the Giants and it is starting to become scary how fast you can be forgotten. (Could be a good thing)

thats selective watching. Pretty much everywhere I've heard make predictions has said they wouldn't be surprised if the Giants won but they ar epicking the PAckers

Reaction score
thats selective watching. Pretty much everywhere I've heard make predictions has said they wouldn't be surprised if the Giants won but they ar epicking the PAckers
Pretty much everyone? 3 of the 4 people on NFL network picked the Giants. The ESPN poll has 65% people picking the Giants to win. Skip Bayless picked the Giants. The only place where more people have picked the Packers is the ESPN analyst poll where 4 of the 5 picked the Packers. Selective watching? No.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone? 3 of the 4 people on NFL network picked the Giants. The ESPN poll has 65% people picking the Giants to win. Skip Bayless picked the Giants. The only place where more people have picked the Packers is the ESPN analyst poll where 4 of the 5 picked the Packers. Selective watching? No.

And EVERYBODY on Inside the NFL picked the Packers. Mostly everybody on ESPN has picked the Packers.

And Skip Bayless picking the Giants further proves my point seeing as how he typically only picks the unfavorable side

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is so true. If they win this game, it will make headlines all week but if the Packers win, we would barely hear what the score is. Almost every analyst is picking the Giants and it is starting to become scary how fast you can be forgotten. (Could be a good thing)

I dont know about that, I seen maybe 3 out of 4 picking Packers just one 3 web sites I looked at now

Reaction score
And EVERYBODY on Inside the NFL picked the Packers. Mostly everybody on ESPN has picked the Packers.

And Skip Bayless picking the Giants further proves my point seeing as how he typically only picks the unfavorable side
I dont know about that, I seen maybe 3 out of 4 picking Packers just one 3 web sites I looked at now
The online ones seem to pick the Packers more, but on the tv where they actually try to explain it they all say they are leaning towards the Giants and so on.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as print media goes, i think most are predicting Packer victory. Taking a stab, I would say 5-1 ratio of Pack to Giants. Course, I am more likely to read more pro-Packer sources.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard Herm Edwards on SportsCenter, he's picking the G-Men. According to him, they will pressure A-Rod all game long + they have their own "elite" QB in Eli = Giants Win :rolleyes:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard Herm Edwards on SportsCenter, he's picking the G-Men. According to him, they will pressure A-Rod all game long + they have their own "elite" QB in Eli = Giants Win :rolleyes:
Yep, I heard the same thing. I'm sure Theisman is picking the Giants. One thing we all have to remember is the media's proximity to NY.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Bradshaw is dealing with an injury
He was, and took about a month off due to a stress fracture, since it takes about a month for the stress fracture to heal.

When he did comeback he was limited for a game or two. But seems to be back on track.

He dealt w/this issue in a previous year and was fine when he came back. And the managed him the same way as back then. Let him rest mostly during the week, and then let him play.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's shoddy is what it is. They should actually do some research, it's really not that hard. All week long we hear how the Giants have this better defense. Well how is it that the Packers have allowed 41 points fewer on the season and also forced more turnovers and have a much better turnover differential? We have heard many times about the Chiefs loss, none of these dopes on TV or radio have brought up the fact the Giants lost the same week to the Redskins.

I felt the same way as you. But I guess you have to look at it 2 ways.
1) They need to keep it shut if they do not know what they are talking about. Kind of the way you feel.

2) They can do the research but you are talking about 32 teams (not sure how long it would take, but you would figure with some of these ANALysts they have a lot of resources for them to do so).

What bothers me the most about the ANALysts, is that for them Perception is Reality since they do not normally do the research they just regurgitate from others. So if one person says it, all the other ANALysts pick it up and use the same line. For Example I remember Sapp saying on NFLN how the Steelers were old and slow. All of a sudden you heard it on many networks from many ANALysts, the same week and at times in the same exact language. It was really pitiful.

I did not realize till the other day that you guys do allow the most passing yards in history this year. Yet you lead the NFL in turnovers. Saw that on one of the networks.

So while you allow the yards ( I feel its a BS stat, would you rather give up 400 yards or 40 pts in a game? I will take 400 yards) you are very opportunistic. Plus many teams play from behind so its kind of a no brainer the Pack will allow more yards, but in that way you also lead the league in turnovers.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually many are picking the pack (with few exceptions) but there back up is. I won't be surprised if the Giants win. Love how they try to cover both sides. Be a Man/Woman and pick one, your reason for it, and move on.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So while you allow the yards ( I feel its a BS stat, would you rather give up 400 yards or 40 pts in a game? I will take 400 yards) you are very opportunistic. Plus many teams play from behind so its kind of a no brainer the Pack will allow more yards, but in that way you also lead the league in turnovers.

Some of your fellow fans dont feel this way..They make threads gloating that Pack gave up the most yards..Go check it out...lol

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I heard the same thing. I'm sure Theisman is picking the Giants. One thing we all have to remember is the media's proximity to NY.
Theisman as most NFC ANALYSTS like Jaws and so forth normally knock the Giants and do not routinely pick em. Usually they pick us, when its a no brainer and people would point and laugh at them.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of your fellow fans dont feel this way..They make threads gloating that Pack gave up the most yards..Go check it out...lol
Part of the banter. Same as some are overlooking us for SF or the Saints. Or dismiss some key guys we were missing the game. So I can deal with the Banter if its light hearted, but I also enjoy talking Xs and Os, and having a good debate.

And the only way those numbers could have an effect on you is, if we do not turn the ball over and we are not playing from more then 10 points behind or a lead. But in general you have to take those stats with a grain of salt, and further research those numbers.

Thats why I always say stats are great, but need to use them in context. Like our record. We had 13 members on IR, many of our players were in and our all season, and we had the hardest 2nd half schedule. Plus our defense was horrid till we played the Jets. We are headed in the right direction on defense, and I hope it continues. If not it will be another burnout, with whichever QB has the ball last will most likely win the game for his team.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN has become one of the absolute worst places to get any type of unbiased sports opinion. There is almost always some kind of agenda behind what they say. I don't really care who says who is going to win especially from that network.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesnt matter...

I think Packers need to protect Rodgers, or they will lose

This, I think is the single most important thing for the Packers. Protecting Aaron Rodgers is paramount. It trumps everything. You can argue about every other part of the game, but this is the one thing that I think is irrefutable.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is far too much assumption that the Packers are merely transitioning from week 17 to the playoffs. They have known for quite a long time that they will be in the playoffs. I have no idea what MM and Capers are going to unleash on Sunday but it is probably going to be different than the game plans from the regular season. They may run a 4-3 and go double tight end with Ryan Taylor on O.

Reaction score
Actually many are picking the pack (with few exceptions) but there back up is. I won't be surprised if the Giants win. Love how they try to cover both sides. Be a Man/Woman and pick one, your reason for it, and move on.
yeah. Nobody really knows until Sunday.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah. Nobody really knows until Sunday.
Yea but they are trying to ride both sides. Your job is to analyze and pick your choice based on your analytical skills (research).

I can understand that a commentator can play the fence, as they cannot show favoritism before/during the game, but all others are paid for their professional (word used very very loosely) opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts