Yes the Giants front 4 are healthy and very good

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
because the truth of the matter is that your defense has gone about about their business consistantly and have not showed signs of getting better while its like watching a different team by us.

Well, our defense led the league in interceptions (and takeaways in general) and they were 12th in points allowed until the meaningless Lions game where we sat a lot of starters. Given the rate at which Manning throws INTs, I think our defense will do just fine.

Capers will have plenty of new looks for him too.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, our defense led the league in interceptions (and takeaways in general) and they were 12th in points allowed until the meaningless Lions game where we sat a lot of starters. Given the rate at which Manning throws INTs, I think our defense will do just fine.

Capers will have plenty of new looks for him too.
Now if that is based on banter all good. If not then you have not done your research, and you just listened to the talking heads. And if you did that then you would think Eli is a bottom Tier qb for the last few years. You should check his stats, as well as other circumstances. But again if its Banter continue.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants have beat ONE team all year above .500 before the falcons. They are 5-5 in their last 10 and are on a three game winning streak over the mighty cowboys and jets both missed the playoffs! and now the falcons who are nothing special away from their dome.
I can understand thinking the Giants have a chance as every team every week has a chance to win. I just dont think it is a very good chance. The hard part isnt getting pressure on Rodgers the hard part is getting him down once you get their because there isnt anyone in the NFL better at slipping a sack while they are looking 30 40 yds down the field. Now with the Pack online getting healthy it might prove difficult to even get pressure let alone a bunch of sacks. Sacks dont really seem to stop this offense as you should know you sacked rodgers 6 times and he still ripped the Giant d apart.
The Giants better not turn the ball over even one time if they want to win because I dont see them scoring enough while giving our offense more opportunities. The way to beat us is to pound us by running (but we have pickett back to help against that) the ball while Killing the clock and pry to god that the pack O is going to start so slow that by the time they get it together it is to late. Alot like the chiefs did, but I think them playing us man to man and jennings being out had alot to do with that. It seemed like we were just to slow to make the needed adjustments. So yes the Giants have a chance but it is not because of their last 3 game ( Which dont impress me much) Ill just leave everybody with this lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/rolle-wants-no-part-of-aaron-rodgers-again/

best part “I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious.
I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again.”

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now if that is based on banter all good. If not then you have not done your research, and you just listened to the talking heads. And if you did that then you would think Eli is a bottom Tier qb for the last few years. You should check his stats, as well as other circumstances. But again if its Banter continue.

I did check stats. Manning averaged an INT every game and we averaged 2 INTs from our defense every game. I would expect to pick him off twice.

Reaction score
Yea but they are trying to ride both sides. Your job is to analyze and pick your choice based on your analytical skills (research).

I can understand that a commentator can play the fence, as they cannot show favoritism before/during the game, but all others are paid for their professional (word used very very loosely) opinion.
Yeah. I agree. Just pick a side and stick with it. I meant I don't really care who picks who because nobodies opinion matters when Sunday @ 4 comes.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Eli is a very good q/b ones here saying he is, prob just trying to rile you up..He just isnt flashy, or has something about him that draw fans to him...Just solid and can play the game..

As far as his stats.....This season every 37 atts, Eli tosses an int.....He still has more int and less td despite the fact he has more atts than Rodgers...87 more atts...thats like 2 full games Eli has over Rodgers

Since we get around 2 picks a game, and Eli has about 1 a game..I expect to have one for sure int

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants have beat ONE team all year above .500 before the falcons. They are 5-5 in their last 10 and are on a three game winning streak over the mighty cowboys and jets both missed the playoffs! and now the falcons who are nothing special away from their dome.
I can understand thinking the Giants have a chance as every team every week has a chance to win. I just dont think it is a very good chance. The hard part isnt getting pressure on Rodgers the hard part is getting him down once you get their because there isnt anyone in the NFL better at slipping a sack while they are looking 30 40 yds down the field. Now with the Pack online getting healthy it might prove difficult to even get pressure let alone a bunch of sacks. Sacks dont really seem to stop this offense as you should know you sacked rodgers 6 times and he still ripped the Giant d apart.
The Giants better not turn the ball over even one time if they want to win because I dont see them scoring enough while giving our offense more opportunities. The way to beat us is to pound us by running (but we have pickett back to help against that) the ball while Killing the clock and pry to god that the pack O is going to start so slow that by the time they get it together it is to late. Alot like the chiefs did, but I think them playing us man to man and jennings being out had alot to do with that. It seemed like we were just to slow to make the needed adjustments. So yes the Giants have a chance but it is not because of their last 3 game ( Which dont impress me much) Ill just leave everybody with this lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/rolle-wants-no-part-of-aaron-rodgers-again/

best part “I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious.
I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again.”
Did you forget that we beat the Pats at their place? Mind you when we have played certain teams we were facing them when they were above .500 and knocked them down ala Cowboys, Jets, and the Bills were on a roll when we faced them as well (but couldn't sustain it), similar to how you faced the Bears Earlier in the season.

You can break down those numbers and put them into context. First look at the Macro then the Micro. Might do a Giants and GB schedule break down. I just looked at the teams you have played. I hope you realize it was not that impressive besides a few games.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did check stats. Manning averaged an INT every game and we averaged 2 INTs from our defense every game. I would expect to pick him off twice.
I can break it down for you real quick if interested.

Overall he has averaged under 1 int a game this year. Since he has 16 ints in 17 games. Now with that being said here is a brief break down.

A couple tipped balls for ints. Like the one vs the cowboys when it bounced off the lineman's head i believe and then it landed in Sean Lees Broken hand for an INT. It was unreal lol...

Two games with 3 ints. One was vs Seattle when we were trailing. He brought us back with 1 bad int throw. The 2nd was thrown after a receiver ran the wrong route and it was a timed route. The worst of all 3 was when we were driving for the win, and Cruz slipped, and the ball was tipped by him because of his slip and it was intd for a TD return and to seal that loss.

Another game he also had to get the team back, and had 1 bad int, the 2nd one cannot remember, and the 3rd was a hail mary at the end of the game for nothing more then not to quit. I recall at least 2 of his 16 ints were because of this.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is a very good q/b ones here saying he is, prob just trying to rile you up..He just isnt flashy, or has something about him that draw fans to him...Just solid and can play the game..

As far as his stats.....This season every 37 atts, Eli tosses an int.....He still has more int and less td despite the fact he has more atts than Rodgers...87 more atts...thats like 2 full games Eli has over Rodgers

Since we get around 2 picks a game, and Eli has about 1 a game..I expect to have one for sure int
Hey Rodgers has been lights out with the TD to INT ratio. Was surprised when I actually first noticed it. Your receivers I assume are sure handed, and run correct routes? Ours not so much, and it usually occurs in bunches lol.

I remember when we played your guys dropped a lot of balls. I thought they were the Giants who switched uniforms for the game lol. It was nice to see not our team be the only one with those issues.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady was playing hurt at that time; the Steelers beat them too, the week prior, and it was ugly.
Didn't realize he was playing hurt, and if thats the case he shouldn't have played for the game. Otherwise it is not an excuse. Yet again the fact is, they finished 1st in their division. We could also play the injury issue from our 13 IR players and all the ones who have missed plenty of game time.

Like vs you guys. Mario Manningham, and Osi were out. Tuck was/is playing injured (played better a bit vs you guys) then you have Boley who just came back from an Injury as did Bradshaw. Our Rookie LB that showed promise was out as well.

Obviously the biggest issue was having Mario and Osi out. Also with Boley just coming back did not help.

As you know injuries are part of the game, and at a point they can have a huge impact, yet you still have to play the game and win. We did that vs Brady, we just missed with you guys. Having those guys back healthy should be huge (but time will tell obviously)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Rodgers has been lights out with the TD to INT ratio. Was surprised when I actually first noticed it. Your receivers I assume are sure handed, and run correct routes? Ours not so much, and it usually occurs in bunches lol.

I remember when we played your guys dropped a lot of balls. I thought they were the Giants who switched uniforms for the game lol. It was nice to see not our team be the only one with those issues.

Few games they had the drops..KC comes to mind...

just hope not like that this Sunday...(Finley, you hear me?)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Didn't realize he was playing hurt, and if thats the case he shouldn't have played for the game. Otherwise it is not an excuse. Yet again the fact is, they finished 1st in their division. We could also play the injury issue from our 13 IR players and all the ones who have missed plenty of game time.)

I'm not trying to play the injury issue. I'm just telling you something you didn't know.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your comment was relevant as he was beating his chest about beating the Pats at their place.
You obviously do not understand what is meant by beating ones chest. As I mentioned a fact that was missed not throwing up fireworks and such.

If you want to ignore that based on some asterisk. Then as I have shown, many others can do the same with nearly any game. So its for you to decide if injuries matter or not.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and quantify my prediction about the Giants' pass rush vs. the Packer OL. I think most of us agree that for the Giants to have a real shot at winning this game they must get pressure on Rodgers. It's always possible that Eli could have an unbelievable game or Rodgers could be less than great, but other than that eventuality, a protected Rodgers = A Packer win.

So I'd say:

If sacks against Rodgers are <4 and Rodgers is pressured on less than 50% of the pass plays, Packers win this one.

If sacks against Rodgers are >4 and Rodgers is pressured on more than 50% of the pass plays, Giants win.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and quantify my prediction about the Giants' pass rush vs. the Packer OL. I think most of us agree that for the Giants to have a real shot at winning this game they must get pressure on Rodgers. It's always possible that Eli could have an unbelievable game or Rodgers could be less than great, but other than that eventuality, a protected Rodgers = A Packer win.

So I'd say:

If sacks against Rodgers are <4 and Rodgers is pressured on less than 50% of the pass plays, Packers win this one.

If sacks against Rodgers are >4 and Rodgers is pressured on more than 50% of the pass plays, Giants win.

I feel that if neither teams defense steps up, then it will end up as it did @ Giants Stadium when we last met, with whichever teams QB who gets the ball last will in it.

Do not forget we did not have our 2/3 rd wr in Mario Manningham. But even with that said Eli drove the ball with under 3 minutes left. Issue was he left way to much time on the clock for you guys vs the defense that we had playing that day. A Whole :58 seconds. He could have easily ran off another 20-40 seconds off the clock if he didn't call a play before the 2 min warning, which stopped the clock.

I think the 1st option might be a bit high. 3 sacks especially at the right time can change the face of the game. But it is not out of bounds I guess, since I do not know how Rodgers does in a game with multiple sacks and doesn't get thrown off his game. Only one that I have seen do that (again have not watched many qbs) is Eli. You saw brady in the SB and even in our last meeting, that it affected him. Even Peyton had the same issues when the Pats had a great defense for a few years and could get to him.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can break it down for you real quick if interested.

Overall he has averaged under 1 int a game this year. Since he has 16 ints in 17 games.

Okay, so you're saying he's a little past due for a couple?

A couple tipped balls for ints. Like the one vs the cowboys when it bounced off the lineman's head i believe and then it landed in Sean Lees Broken hand for an INT. It was unreal lol...

Isn't it the QB's responsibility not to throw the ball into the back of his OL's helmets?

Just so you know, every QB has INTs against him that weren't totally his fault. So that evens out. The fact remains that only 6 other starting QBs threw more interceptions than Manning did and that nobody intercepted more balls than we did. Sorry, but to me, that bodes pretty well for the Packers.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, so you're saying he's a little past due for a couple?

Isn't it the QB's responsibility not to throw the ball into the back of his OL's helmets?

Just so you know, every QB has INTs against him that weren't totally his fault. So that evens out. The fact remains that only 6 other starting QBs threw more interceptions than Manning did and that nobody intercepted more balls than we did. Sorry, but to me, that bodes pretty well for the Packers.

Hard not to throw the ball behind ur lineman's helmet when he backs into it. I do agree tips do occur. This year it wasn't bad, but last years it was horrible.

Rodgers threw a pick to our mlb that was cut during training camp. Yet he just came back and started his 1st game all season against the Pack. He was added since the injury bug hit us once again. So yea every qb can be due for an int. Elis ints have been on the decline except for the previous year. The ints that bounce off and go elsewhere do not bother me as much nor the ones they chuck up at the end of the game when they try to catch up, vs the ones that the qb won't throw away and forces the issue or cannot read a defense and is thrown when/where it shouldn't have been thrown, and finally having the wr running the wrong routes. At times especially with a inexperience/young core you have growing pains.

But if you have to rely on Eli to throw you the bone(ball) then so be it. It could happen, but he has been very good in the playoffs, and again this year. We will see how it turns out.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But if you have to rely on Eli to throw you the bone(ball) then so be it.

Our guys don't need him to throw the ball to us. They go and get it themselves. The trade-off is occasionally giving up the big play. I'm fine with that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard not to throw the ball behind ur lineman's helmet when he backs into it. I do agree tips do occur. This year it wasn't bad, but last years it was horrible.

Rodgers threw a pick to our mlb that was cut during training camp. Yet he just came back and started his 1st game all season against the Pack. He was added since the injury bug hit us once again.

It was said that the lb that got the Rodgers int actually misplayed his assignment..He wasnt suppose to be there..But because he screwed up he got the int..

Much like vs the Saints this year...Cobb ran the wrong route but rodgers hit him anyways and it was a TD

Members online

Latest posts