Yep, Grant is a keeper.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ubYF?slug=ap-giants-wardout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Their backfield is in trouble. It makes you wonder if they're kicking themselves for letting go of Ryan Grant.

I'd like to make it clear that I thought Thompson was stupid for not jumping on Antonio Pittman as soon as he was available and that I thought he'd be kicking himself for trading a DRAFT PICK for Grant.

Damn Thompson. What are you?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ubYF?slug=ap-giants-wardout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Their backfield is in trouble. It makes you wonder if they're kicking themselves for letting go of Ryan Grant.

I'd like to make it clear that I thought Thompson was stupid for not jumping on Antonio Pittman as soon as he was available and that I thought he'd be kicking himself for trading a DRAFT PICK for Grant.

Damn Thompson. What are you?

Even with a healthy backfield, the Giants would be kicking themselves for getting rid of Grant. You can never have too many good young RBs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Grant looks like a keeper. Next year's Rb battle will be intense (unless every RB dies again...but I doubt it)

Grant vs. Morency vs. Wynn vs. FA pickup\draft pick

Should be fun!

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Grant looks like a keeper. Next year's Rb battle will be intense (unless every RB dies again...but I doubt it)

Should be fun!

I think Grant has his starting job locked. The people who need to worry are Morency and the rest of the bunch.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant see us abandoning brandon jackson too soon and if wynn gets in condition and keeps his head down he will be kept. I have no problem with the Pack having like 4/5 tailbacks on the roster. Look at Denver, they have always done it.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Should be fun!

I think Grant has his starting job locked. The people who need to worry are Morency and the rest of the bunch.

Wynn has a lot to prove that he belongs. Leaving the field for every little hang-nail isn't going to get it done. He wasn't put onto IR because of a season ending injury, it was because he couldn't keep himself healthy.

He's got great talent, and maybe he can become a good change of pace guy, but I wouldn't rely on him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
tromadz said:

Should be fun!

Wynn has a lot to prove that he belongs. Leaving the field for every little hang-nail isn't going to get it done. He wasn't put onto IR because of a season ending injury, it was because he couldn't keep himself healthy.

He's got great talent, and maybe he can become a good change of pace guy, but I wouldn't rely on him.

Agreed. Wynn has God-given talent, but he lacks the discipline to get it done. That's something I'm sure he realizes and if he wants to make a career, it's time for him to get his s*** together.

Grant will start next year. Wynn, Morency, B-Jack, and Herron will fight for the #2 spot. One of them will be the 3rd down back. My guess is it will be either B-Jack or Herron. I like Herron's blocking ability, but B-Jack has come a long way in a short amount of time.

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not get carried away now, with grant. yeah the guy has been playin solid. but can he do this next season as well??

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not get carried away now, with grant. yeah the guy has been playin solid. but can he do this next season as well??

From what I've seen, I'm willing to bet yes.

Barring injury (KNOCK ON WOOD), Grant gets 1100+ yards next year.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson21 said:

From what I've seen, I'm willing to bet yes.

Barring injury (KNOCK ON WOOD), Grant gets 1100+ yards next year.

Couldnt agree more. Just watching him run, seeing him hit the hole and finding those cut back lanes...and he's got good speed too. He's a one cut guy that fits in great with McCarthy's zone scheme. Pretty pretty pretty please don't get hurt.....I think after a zillion of our running backs got hurt in 05 karma is on our side

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant is definately a keeper, he looks like he's going to be a good workhorse, nothing spectacular, but he gets the yards.

Brandon Jackson will probably be kept to see if he can improve and perhaps blossom.

DeShawn Wynn will also be given another chance, if he doesn't toughen up he will be gone by the end of next season.

Vernand Morency will be cut this off-season.

Noah Herron provides next to nothing, we shouldn't sacrifice a roster spot for a RB that only blocks, give this spot to a young guy with potential. Cut.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant is definately a keeper, he looks like he's going to be a good workhorse, nothing spectacular, but he gets the yards.

Brandon Jackson will probably be kept to see if he can improve and perhaps blossom.

DeShawn Wynn will also be given another chance, if he doesn't toughen up he will be gone by the end of next season.

Vernand Morency will be cut this off-season.

Noah Herron provides next to nothing, we shouldn't sacrifice a roster spot for a RB that only blocks, give this spot to a young guy with potential. Cut.

Agree with you on all points except for Herron. I think Herron's better than a lot of people give him credit for. he's a decent receiver out of the backfield and the one time he started, he ran for 100+ yards.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't see Jackson making it next year except as a 3rd RB. I also question if Wynn can motivate himself enough to put in the work. I doubt it actually. Too bad since he COULD be a really powerful runner. IMO, we'll need to draft another RB since we don't have a true difference-maker.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Grant has a few good games here, he could get 1000 yards this season...

HOw aout that?

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant has proven to be a great find. I'd also like to see what Wynn and Jackson will be able to do next season...I don't think we should give up on Jackson just yet.

Members online

Latest posts