WR corps

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB is averaging just under 40 ppg, 6.9 yards per play, and people are *****ing about the WR's as if the offense is going to be the downfall of the team.

And then, if the WR's do well, it's all because of Rodgers. Do bad, and it's because they aren't talented. Congratulations on building an argument where no matter what, you're right!

Goodness. Anybody complaining about the offense deserves a team that can't score. Wake up and enjoy what you've been watching!

I'm not nearly as worried as others, concerned over the WR room with present issues is justified in my opinion however, no?

Adams, once back I'm not worried even if Lazard is done for the year..our system isn't WR heavy, but we have one of the best still.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
GB is averaging just under 40 ppg, 6.9 yards per play, and people are *****ing about the WR's as if the offense is going to be the downfall of the team.

And then, if the WR's do well, it's all because of Rodgers. Do bad, and it's because they aren't talented. Congratulations on building an argument where no matter what, you're right!

Goodness. Anybody complaining about the offense deserves a team that can't score. Wake up and enjoy what you've been watching!

And like you said elsewhere, having 4 of your top 5 guys out (Adams, Lazard, Funchess, St. Brown) is going to be a major problem, regardless of team.

Take Dallas, for instance, who has invested more than just about anyone at the position. If you take away their 1, 2, 3, and 5, you're left with Cedrick Wilson and Malik Turner.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enter Sandman...I mean Begelton :D

You all know he was my guilty pleasure acquisition of ours that I knew and researched far far too much on.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
our system isn't WR heavy, but we have one of the best wide receivers in the NFL still.

I highlighted and added a bit to your statement, I hope you don't mine. ;)

The Packers WR garage has one Lamborghini Murcielago and 4-5 1997 Pontiac Sunfires. Adams is a top-five NFL receiver, Lazard could be an up and comer but the rest of the receivers may not crack the top five for at least half the other NFL teams.

Fortunately, the Packers have 2 Aces in the hole in Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones. But to expect them to do all the driving and heavy lifting every game that Adams is out or a defense can shut down Adams, is asking too much IMO.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highlighted and added a bit to your statement, I hope you don't mine. ;)

The Packers WR garage has one Lamborghini Murcielago and 4-5 1997 Pontiac Sunfires. Adams is a top-five NFL receiver, Lazard could be an up and comer but the rest of the receivers may not crack the top five for at least half the other NFL teams.

Fortunately, the Packers have 2 Aces in the hole in Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones. But to expect them to do all the driving and heavy lifting every game that Adams is out or a defense can shut down Adams, is asking too much IMO.

You're severely underrating MVS. He's in the top 5 of every NFL team.

D

Deleted member 6794

It should be noted that the Packers haven't faced a good defense so far with all three opponents ranking 25th or worse in points allowed per game.

They will play another terrible unit tonight.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It should be noted that the Packers haven't faced a good defense so far with all three opponents ranking 25th or worse in points allowed per game.

Agreed. While I do think our offense appears to be operating better than it did last season, I think too many people are thinking this offense will continue to look this good. Reminds me a bit of the season our Defense was top in the league in stopping the run for the first several games. The reality was just what you said now, we had not faced any good run offenses and I think Dallas shredded the Packers to alert everyone to just how weak that run defense was and continued to be for the remainder of that season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You mean he'd be a top 5 WR on any team right? Or am I misunderstanding?

I think that was to me?

Adams is a Top 5 WR in the NFL. Beyond him and probably Lazard now, I doubt any of our other WR's are a 1-5 WR on at least half the rosters of other teams in the NFL. Lazard is probably a #3 or #4 on most teams.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that was to me?

Adams is a Top 5 WR in the NFL. Beyond him and probably Lazard now, I doubt any of our other WR's are a 1-5 WR on at least half the rosters of other teams in the NFL. Lazard is probably a #3 or #4 on most teams.

I'll disagree. MVS is a #5 on all but maybe one or two I'd bet. What can do not not many can and that alone will keep him on a roster.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

And while it should be noted that they haven't faced good defenses, it should also be noted that all three defenses gave up their season high "points allowed" to the Packers.

That is to say, the Packers scored 43 @MIN and the most the Vikings have allowed otherwise is 31. The Packers scored 42 VsDET and the most the Lions have allowed otherwise is 35. And the Packers scored 37 @NO and the most the Saints have allowed otherwise is 34.

D

Deleted member 6794

And while it should be noted that they haven't faced good defenses, it should also be noted that all three defenses gave up their season high "points allowed" to the Packers.

That is to say, the Packers scored 43 @MIN and the most the Vikings have allowed otherwise is 31. The Packers scored 42 VsDET and the most the Lions have allowed otherwise is 35. And the Packers scored 37 @NO and the most the Saints have allowed otherwise is 34.

That bodes well for tonight's game vs. the Falcons.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't say New Orleans doesn't have a good defense. They have a lot of talent there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'll disagree. MVS is a #5 on all but maybe one or two I'd bet. What can do not not many can and that alone will keep him on a roster.

At least he is our #1 WR tonight! ;)

I think he has potential, but still way too inconsistent and I understand his speed, but that makes him a one trick pony that will only scare defenses IF Rodgers can continue to drop catchable dimes to him AND he catches them. I seriously doubt anyone on the Falcons is worried about MVS or any other Packer WR tonight. If I am their DC Raheem Morris, I am focusing mainly on Jones, dialing up all run blitz type of pressure and taking my chances that my secondary can cover the Packers receivers one on one.

Not basing this on current injury situation, but on opening day rosters, MVS probably would have had a dog fight on his hands to be the #5 guy on these teams (below). There are some you won't agree with and maybe teams I missed. Bottom line to me, MVS is not a WR I am all that excited about to have as our #3 right now, at least in this stage of his career, I hope that changes.
  • Tampa Bay
  • Saints
  • Cowboys
  • Browns
  • Chiefs
  • Rams
  • Cardinals
  • Falcons
  • Raiders
  • Chargers
  • Lions
  • Bills
  • Seahawks
  • Texans
  • Jaguars

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They haven't been able to perform up to it allowing an average of 30.8 points per game though.

Well, as you're keen to point out for individual cases, it's a small sample size. ;)

Seriously though, they have some really good players on that defense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't understand why people come onto a forum to just click a "disagree" button and not actually express the disagreement. Makes no sense.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why people come onto a forum to just click a "disagree" button and not actually express the disagreement. Makes no sense.

Dunno. Its about the same to me as people who just hit "agree" and leave. Sometimes you just don't feel an actual response is all that necessary

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope people don't look at this season so far and go "see! we don't need any wideouts!!!!"

Rodgers has been a bandaid for the weaknesses of this entire roster since 2012. Imagine how great this offense would be with some more talent on the edges.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope people don't look at this season so far and go "see! we don't need any wideouts!!!!"

Rodgers has been a bandaid for the weaknesses of this entire roster since 2012. Imagine how great this offense would be with some more talent on the edges.

6-0 without Tae now.

It is also just as valid and backed by performances/statlines for someone to say we didn't need any wideouts.

I'm a fan of bringing someone in, stressed it early, predraft, post draft and even just yesterday - but they clearly feel the system we run can operate on all cylinders with the talent we have. I continue to hope they prove me wrong for the rest of the year and throughout the playoffs LOL :D

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They haven't been able to perform up to it allowing an average of 30.8 points per game though.
Very few good defenses in the league right now. Offensive lines are ahead of the d-lines up to now from what I’ve seen. Not sure why that is. I would have thought the reverse would be true with all the missed practice time.

Members online

Latest posts