Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It might be more important to know what Brown thinks about sharing the spotlight with Adams.
Agreed, if they got that far along in the process of even considering him, but 2 things with that. First, I think how he would fit with the current Packer team and players is more important in making the decision and second, given what you have read about AB, would you really trust him if he said "Hey, great, I am a team player, I would love to play alongside Dante and all the second year WR's you have there in Green Bay".

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things to consider. Both MVS and EQ finished within the top 15 rookies in receptions and yards, therefore Rodgers not giving them any chance this season is wrong. In addition the media covering the Packers is one of the most intense ones in the league.

Being top 15 rookies in receptions and yards means doesn't equate them to having good chemistry or Rodgers giving them much of a chance. If you play as much as they did with Aaron Rodgers as your QB, I'd expect AT LEAST top 10 rookies in those stats when they are playing that often. It seemed like unless they were wide open, AR wouldn't go their way (and sometimes Rodgers didn't even throw it to the open guys). Maybe some of AR's criticism is valid, or maybe he just never gave them a fair shot. I'm more so going with the latter because he gave James Jones plenty of shots when he dropped ball after ball early in his career. Regardless AR's relationship with MVS and EQ needs to be much better.

As far as the Packer media I'm more so saying what I hear from others when they say it's 'too friendly'. But I highly doubt the Green Bay media is anywhere near intense as Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, or Dallas just to name some off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Rodgers would KILL to have another chance for at a title.
it's not as if they didn't have quite a few other chances. 1 game extra 1 season and a whole bunch where the Broncos had zero chance compared to GB again being a game away. I wouldn't call that successful. If Rodgers is on 2 legs in 2014 we probably have 2 titles already. But alas, we don't, and the Broncos have won nothing more than GB and have lost a whole lot more. THey aren't a model of success or what to do differently.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears, Rams, Vikings and Saints all took huge risks. You think all 4 will be rewarded with a SB win this year?

[QUOTE="Do7, post: 811885, member: 13398"]Obviously everyone has their windows to capitalize before it closes. You need an example look at how well Denver did. 2 SB appearances. True they aren't doing well right now, but that's more of an issue with QB.[/QUOTE]
There are no guarantees in the NFL. The Packers had a better shot most years than Denver of winning the SB.
[QUOTE="LambeauLombardi, post: 811950, member: 12687"]Being top 15 rookies in receptions and yards means doesn't equate them to having good chemistry or Rodgers giving them much of a chance. If you play as much as they did with Aaron Rodgers as your QB, I'd expect AT LEAST top 10 rookies in those stats when they are playing that often. It seemed like unless they were wide open, AR wouldn't go their way (and sometimes Rodgers didn't even throw it to the open guys). Maybe some of AR's criticism is valid, . . .[/QUOTE]TWO rookies? Maybe one, but AR spreads the ball. And dont act like Rodgers was his normal self last season. There were plenty of missed opportunities for MVS and EQ this season.

The more I hear and read regarding Brown, he more I doubt and hope we dont acquire him. He is not worth it for any price, both draft capital and salary. Matter of fact, I believe the Packers will do better next year without Brown than with him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In case you missed it last night, which was easy to do, Antonio Brown was the first contestant booted from a new show called "The Mask Singer". I found it interesting that even though the show was taped months ago, he sang the song "My Prerogative". Which contains the lyrics: "Everybody's talkin' all this stuff about me. Why don't they just let me live?" Fortuitous or what?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
@OldSchool101 It was reported that Chicago was in the hunt for Mack as well.

And make no mistake, I believe we'll be back with a vengeance next year. What amazes me is that we're now all of a sudden wanting to play it safe. If that was the case then we should've kept Thompson. Typically in the NFL those who take chances gets highly rewarded.
I do actually agree with you on the part about being aggressive. Duly noted
Last year in the draft we played conservative by trading back. However I’m curious to see if we package picks and move up this time.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us now invert last years Plan into this year and move into the top 5-7 overall IF the right player slips past #4or so. We have the resources to do that without much damage overall. Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams are instant starters and would improve our run D by default.
A 1st,2nd and a late round pick would probably get us back in front Detroit to top 5-6. That’s putting the pedal down. We’d still have our Saints pick and that’s better than most years also all the while picking earlier each round. We’d also retain our 3rd and 2-4ths which is a place you can still find good talent. Particularly at OG, WR, LB, etc.. We have beaucoup resources.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously "There can only be one" but noticed how 3 of the 4 are in the postseason b/c they took the necessary chances. Chicago was a 3rd in the NFC last year and look where they are now. Now granted I think they'll lose to Philly but still. Rams are enjoying a first round bye same with the Saints.

I call BS. Denver with Manning under center only had to worry about Brady and The Patriots, and they managed to get passed him getting back to 2 SBs. Yes they got their *** kick the first time but still at LEAST they made it there. And considering how crazy they went in FA it shouldn't be too surprising how well they did. They kicked our ***** one of those years as well. I'm not saying we go gungho but take more chances rather than playing it safe.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mack with Daniels, Wilkerson, Matthews, and Perry? You're telling me that wouldn't be a scary combination? Along with Martinez and Frackwell? Remember this defense wasn't doing half bad until the injuries started piling up.

It would have been scarier than that same group without Mack for sure but I'm not sure how scary that group was to begin with. Wilkerson was/is a huge maybe. Most people thought/think Matthews and Perry were/are over rated over paid has beens or never really wases. Martinez was pretty much unknown and Fackrell was a bigger WHO (or is it Hoo) than little Cindy Lue. Which leaves Clark and Daniels as the only names on the front 7 that people were really talking about. Sadly that's pretty much the way it still is. Mack would have added one more name and no doubt would have helped but I still don't know if he would have jumped us up to a top 10 defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It would have been scarier than that same group without Mack for sure but I'm not sure how scary that group was to begin with. Wilkerson was/is a huge maybe. Most people thought/think Matthews and Perry were/are over rated over paid has beens or never really wases. Martinez was pretty much unknown and Fackrell was a bigger WHO (or is it Hoo) than little Cindy Lue. Which leaves Clark and Daniels as the only names on the front 7 that people were really talking about. Sadly that's pretty much the way it still is. Mack would have added one more name and no doubt would have helped but I still don't know if he would have jumped us up to a top 10 defense.

Can I sum up what you said by just saying "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig"?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cher was Pre-Madonna.

Come on man, you don't like Madonna? You are off my "Brother" list. ;) I used to be Crazy For You. You were my Lucky Star and I didn't have to Justify My Love, but Momma told us both that Pappa Don't Preach and now I am stuck trying to Open Your Heart, because you seem to just be a Material Girl living on the Borderline and no longer Vogue enough to Express Yourself and Live To Tell us about your 4 minutes of being Into The Groove.

I know what you mean, most people are twisted a bit. Especially when they just pick a few things out of context, completely changing your meaning to fit their agenda.

That's really good guys but I have to ask, when does the unemployment end?

I do recognize a couple of those songs by Madonna when you say them (honestly I thought Poppa don't preach was Lauper) but for the life of me I couldn't think of them when I made my post.

Good call on Cher though although I can only think of about 5 of her songs.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mack would've been the focal attention for most of the defense. Wilkerson was pretty good as well. Matthews and Perry may not be as dynamic as they used to, but they can still cause problems defensively, especially given that most of the attention on them would be averted elsewhere. Clark and Daniels are solid players that would've been complimentary pieces. I mean think about it. Other than Mack can you really remember anyone off Chicago's defensive front at the top of your head? I sure as hell can't.

This is gonna sound weird but with Mack, our defense would be like a bouquet of flowers, metaphorically speaking. Mack being the primary piece, and the rest would go around and compliment him.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mack would've been the focal attention for most of the defense. Wilkerson was pretty good as well. Matthews and Perry may not be as dynamic as they used to, but they can still cause problems defensively, especially given that most of the attention on them would be averted elsewhere. Clark and Daniels are solid players that would've been complimentary pieces. I mean think about it. Other than Mack can you really remember anyone off Chicago's defensive front at the top of your head? I sure as hell can't.

Only 5 out of 6 off the top of my head. Hicks, Goldman, Smith, Floyd and Trevathan and I'd put any one of them up against anyone we have except Clark.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why trade the farm for Antonio Brown when Jeff Janis is available? :tup:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good call on Cher though although I can only think of about 5 of her songs.

Don't worry, I Got You Babe. Hopefully If I Could Turn Back Time, you will be Strong Enough to Believe that Sonny wasn't just her Fernando but Just Like Jesse James, he was her Shoop Shoop Song boy, who after a whole lot of Bang Bang, gave her Chastity and Little Man Chaz. Cher was a Dark Lady, but Afterall, I Found Someone that wasn't a Half-Breed and I Hope You Find It to be ALL or Nothing, when I did. Don't worry, You Haven't Seen the Last of Me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Only 5 out of 6 off the top of my head. Hicks, Goldman, Smith, Floyd and Trevathan and I'd put any one of them up against anyone we have except Clark.
You beat me to it. The Bears defense was loaded before Mack, that was just icing on the cake and why they are now in the playoffs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you missed it last night, which was easy to do, Antonio Brown was the first contestant booted from a new show called "The Mask Singer". I found it interesting that even though the show was taped months ago, he sang the song "My Prerogative". Which contains the lyrics: "Everybody's talkin' all this stuff about me. Why don't they just let me live?" Fortuitous or what?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If you know that from first hand knowledge I must say I am disappointed but I guess it shouldn't be unexpected given the Madonna post. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, I Got You Babe. Hopefully If I Could Turn Back Time, you will be Strong Enough to Believe that Sonny wasn't just her Fernando but Just Like Jesse James, he was her Shoop Shoop Song boy, who after a whole lot of Bang Bang, gave her Chastity and Little Man Chaz. Cher was a Dark Lady, but Afterall, I Found Someone that wasn't a Half-Breed and I Hope You Find It to be ALL or Nothing, when I did. Don't worry, You Haven't Seen the Last of Me.

Yup, 5 songs, 4 you listed plus Gypsies Tramps and Thieves

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you know that from first hand knowledge I must say I am disappointed but I guess it shouldn't be unexpected given the Madonna post. ;)
I love music, so I'm kind of a sucker for all of the Reality Music shows. :)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently there is a lot more interest than expected in brown and his value is at minimum a first round pick despite his age. And among the teams interested schefter mentioned the Packers and the Bengals

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already have one diva in Rodgers. The two wouldn't be able to both squeeze into Favre's side locker room together.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
So what kind of odds are you willing to put up in a bet that there won't be more than 3 guys on our current defensive roster in the NFL in 2 years? If you're so confident in your outrageous claim, it should be easy pickings, right?

How about this. If any three of those guys are on an NFL roster for the 2020 season, you get the honor of changing your pic to a Vikings helmet. If those guys are all out of football, as you contend, then I'll do the same. You game, weeds?

Holy Schomolie ... I'd rather jam a red hot poker up my ********** than take a crazy *** bet like that. ;) Some things are just TOO risky. I specialize in risk analysis so ... yeah ... NO.

An "outrageous claim" this poster claims?? Outrageous? You've set the bar way too low. IF you said that I exaggerate a hundred million gazillion trillion times per day .... THAT I'd go along with ... but "outrageous"? Come on ... it was so much better than that.

I stand by my premise though. The Packers' defense is nowhere near as talented as people would wish. Call it poor motivation. Call it poor coaching. Call it a complete and utter misfire on the talent level when drafted and I'm fine with that - still and the same, the four guys I've talked about, IN MY OPINION, are the only 4 that would make an impact anywhere besides Green Bay.

This is where "Gute" comes in - we're going to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.