Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And who's to say that Brown can't grow to love the culture here in Green Bay? So again as I stated previously, if you're worried about Brown being a potential issue in the locker room, then that just shows that our culture isn't all that great. You see New England take chances on players. If I recall we had the same thing with Josh Gordon awhile back pondering if we should bring him in and New England took a chance on him. And granted he flamed out in the end b/c he couldn't overcome his demons but he sure as hell wasn't an issue in the locker room, and was a contributing factor in some of their wins and set them up for the postseason. To me it's simple if you're worried about Brown being an issue then that shows how fragile we are as an organization.

Is Brown a saint? Absolutely not. But I believe in giving people second chances, especially if they can perform on the field, in which he goes day in and day out and prove. When has Brown cheated his previous organization in regards to lack of effort? The dude is said to be one of the hardest workers. Do I care for him as a human being? I don't have any reason to, but I can separate the player from a human being.

And who knows maybe JUST maybe he'll be able to turn it around. It's certainly not a whole lot of distractions up in Green Bay now is there?
Cost to acquire Gordon vs cost to acquire Brown
Cost to sign Gordon on cap and Cost of Brown to Cap
Ramifications of Gordon is cut vs. Ramifications if Brown is cut
How far did Gordon take the Pats?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And who's to say that Brown can't grow to love the culture here in Green Bay? So again as I stated previously, if you're worried about Brown being a potential issue in the locker room, then that just shows that our culture isn't all that great. You see New England take chances on players...............But I believe in giving people second chances, especially if they can perform on the field, in which he goes day in and day out and prove......................And who knows maybe JUST maybe he'll be able to turn it around. It's certainly not a whole lot of distractions up in Green Bay now is there?

I didn't say anything about Brown not liking Green Bay, someone said "Woodson came in with issues and look how he turned out". Those issues were that he really wasn't excited about playing in Green Bay. There is a big difference between how a player fits into a City/team and how a player may act no matter where he is. Brown might love being in Green Bay for all I know, but I doubt that changes his me first attitude.

You saying that the Packer Culture might be the problem if a guy like Brown can't fit in, not only makes absolutely no sense, but is exactly what I think the Packers want to avoid, having a locker room full of me first attitudes.

As far as giving a guy a second chance, I am all for that. However in this case, giving Brown that second chance could come at a very high price for whatever team decides to do it. Why do you think the Steelers are so willing to take a big hit on this guy? Shouldn't they be giving him his second chance, if they felt it would be worth the risk?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cost to acquire Gordon vs cost to acquire Brown
Cost to sign Gordon on cap and Cost of Brown to Cap
Ramifications of Gordon is cut vs. Ramifications if Brown is cut
How far did Gordon take the Pats?
If you're argument is in regards to cost, then I could see your point to an extent, but considering the cap space continues to expand year by year...

As for Josh Gordan I've already stated how New England managed to get the most out of him in spite of his demons and even still he wasn't a distraction and helped them win a vast amount of games during his tenure there. Matter of fact, he was one of the driving forces in our defeat against NE.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you're argument is in regards to cost, then I could see your point to an extent, but considering the cap space continues to expand year by year...

As for Josh Gordan I've already stated how New England managed to get the most out of him in spite of his demons and even still he wasn't a distraction and helped them win a vast amount of games during his tenure there. Matter of fact, he was one of the driving forces in our defeat against NE.

Seriously? Josh Gordon cost the Patriots a 5th round pick and they got Gordon and a 7th from Cleveland. Also, he cost the Patriots $697,058 in salary. Not even close to what a team will have to risk in a trade for Brown. Josh Gordon had a substance abuse problem, while its a red flag, its not nearly as bad (for your team chemistry) as a guy quitting on his team IMO.

Give me Brown for that kind of deal and just maybe I would say the risk of him being locker room cancer is worth the roll of the dice.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about Brown not liking Green Bay, someone said "Woodson came in with issues and look how he turned out". Those issues were that he really wasn't excited about playing in Green Bay. There is a big difference between how a player fits into a City/team and how a player may act no matter where he is. Brown might love being in Green Bay for all I know, but I doubt that changes his me first attitude.

As far as giving a guy a second chance, I am all for that. However in this case, giving Brouwn that second chance could come at a very high price for whatever team decides to do it. Why do you think the Steelers are so willing to take a big hit on this guy? Shouldn't they be giving him his second chance, if they felt it would be worth the risk?

The difference is Brown is the one that WANTS to leave, not the other way around. Meaning whatever is going on in the locker room was so bad, that he wanted to leave. And considering it's being reported that other players share his sentiments in regards to Big Ben and Tomlin to a lesser extent, can you blame him for wanting to leave a toxic environment? Yes he played a part in it I'll admit, but at least he has the insight to remove himself and start over. I'm certain the owner and the higher ups would like to try to work things out, but as you saw the owner understands that it just isn't working out, and Brown isn't all to blame for it.

And I was the one that said the thing about Woodson having issues at first. And personally I don't see how that is any different considering you even stated Charles Woodson initially didn't want to be here and thus behaved a certain way upon his arrival, and yet he fit in didn't he? And we don't know how Brown would behave since he's only been in Pittsburgh which we've seen how toxic the locker room has become, from the head coach (who is my favorite coach) losing control of the players, to the players turning on one another, ex. Big Ben singling out players, players calling out Le'von for not showing up b/c he wants to get paid, stealing his stuff from his locker, etc.

So tell me would you not want to remove yourself from such a place as well? It certainly doesn't sound like my cup of tea personally. In regards to risk, hello? Every free agent has a potential risk. Also going into how someone fits, I don't see how you would conclude Brown couldn't fit in, especially with his skill set.

Again Brown is not a saint in this matter, but let's stop pretending it's all on him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did Woodson do when he got here that should remind me of Brown?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The difference is Brown is the one that WANTS to leave, not the other way around. Meaning whatever is going on in the locker room was so bad, that he wanted to leave. And considering it's being reported that other players share his sentiments in regards to Big Ben and Tomlin to a lesser extent, can you blame him for wanting to leave a toxic environment? Yes he played a part in it I'll admit, but at least he has the insight to remove himself and start over. I'm certain the owner and the higher ups would like to try to work things out, but as you saw the owner understands that it just isn't working out, and Brown isn't all to blame for it.

And I was the one that said the thing about Woodson having issues at first. And personally I don't see how that is any different considering you even stated Charles Woodson initially didn't want to be here and thus behaved a certain way upon his arrival, and yet he fit in didn't he? And we don't know how Brown would behave since he's only been in Pittsburgh which we've seen how toxic the locker room has become, from the head coach (who is my favorite coach) losing control of the players, to the players turning on one another, ex. Big Ben singling out players, players calling out Le'von for not showing up b/c he wants to get paid, stealing his stuff from his locker, etc.

So tell me would you not want to remove yourself from such a place as well? It certainly doesn't sound like my cup of tea personally. In regards to risk, hello? Every free agent has a potential risk. Also going into how someone fits, I don't see how you would conclude Brown couldn't fit in, especially with his skill set.

Again Brown is not a saint in this matter, but let's stop pretending it's all on him.

First, I stated that Woodson was very upfront that Green Bay wasn't a place he really wanted to play, I never said anything about him "thus behaved a certain way upon his arrival" That is you reading more into what the situation was.

I have not read anything about other players unhappiness in Pittsburgh. Bell sat out because he wanted more money, wasn't a beef with his teammates. His teammates didn't like that fact, because it felt like he was putting himself ahead of the team.

Of course Brown feels that the situation in Pittsburgh is toxic, because he isn't getting his way. He skips a week of practice due to a beef with Ben and than is pissed that he can't play on Sunday? So what will happen when Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or some other QB doesn't put up with Brown's antics? You think he won't pull the same crap?

You and I have a fundamental difference of what a team player is and I just don't see that quality in Brown and I hope the Packers aren't willing to risk draft capital and big money that somehow he will change overnight.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I stated that Woodson was very upfront that Green Bay wasn't a place he really wanted to play, I never said anything about him "thus behaved a certain way upon his arrival" That is you reading more into what the situation was.

I have not read anything about other players unhappiness in Pittsburgh. Bell sat out because he wanted more money, wasn't a beef with his teammates. His teammates didn't like that fact, because it felt like he was putting himself ahead of the team.

Of course Brown feels that the situation in Pittsburgh is toxic, because he isn't getting his way. He skips a week of practice due to a beef with Ben and than is pissed that he can't play on Sunday? So what will happen when Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or some other QB that doesn't put up with Brown's antics? You think he won't pull the same crap?

You and I have a fundamental difference of what a team player is and I just don't see that quality in Brown and I hope the Packers aren't willing to risk draft capital and big money that somehow he will change overnight.
So going to a place you initially didn't want to go wouldn't affect your behavior in anyway?

As for the other players comment in regards to how they share a similar sentiment to Brown's heres this morning segment regarding the matter as it was covered in first take this morning, and Stephen A. Smith confirmed this.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As for the Bell thing, that further buffers my point how typically the players usually support their fellow peers into acquiring money and doing business for themselves as the NFL proven time and time again how fragile the loyalty can be in regards to a player's worth between the players and the front office. Don't believe me, ask Jordy Nelson. But going back to Bell, he was trying to do what was best for him and yet the players turned on him and would eventually steal his stuff from the locker room. You telling me that isn't toxic? Can you see anyone from our locker room doing such a thing?

As you'll see in the video Brown not getting his way is only part of the problem, as I've mentioned in regards to the head coach and Big Ben, and considering the amount of times he's singled people out, it definitely rubs him the wrong way. Since you're worried about his behavior so much, I'm gonna throw a hypothetical question out to you. If New England were to acquire a guy like Brown do you think they would have to worry about him misbehaving or anything like that? Or would he embrace their culture? Personally I'd say the latter. You honestly think he'd pull the stunts he did in Pittsburgh? And to answer your question, as I've mentioned before, Bell would know he wouldn't be in position to TRY those antics, b/c if he doesn't work in New England or Green Bay, which are considered successful franchises, who else would want him? Hence why I said, we hold all the cards not the other way around.

And again what player in the draft currently is better than Brown in his position? When Brown is arguably top 3 in his position. Now personally the WR I'd would like us to get is OBJ personally, but I'm not as dismissive in the thought of getting Brown.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So going to a place you initially didn't want to go wouldn't affect your behavior in anyway?

As for the other players comment in regards to how they share a similar sentiment to Brown's heres this morning segment regarding the matter as it was covered in first take this morning, and Stephen A. Smith confirmed this.

As for the Bell thing, that further buffers my point how typically the players usually support their fellow peers into acquiring money and doing business for themselves as the NFL proven time and time again how fragile the loyalty can be in regards to a player's worth between the players and the front office. Don't believe me, ask Jordy Nelson. But going back to Bell, he was trying to do what was best for him and yet the players turned on him and would eventually steal his stuff from the locker room. You telling me that isn't toxic? Can you see anyone from our locker room doing such a thing?

As you'll see in the video Brown not getting his way is only part of the problem, as I've mentioned in regards to the head coach and Big Ben, and considering the amount of times he's singled people out, it definitely rubs him the wrong way. Since you're worried about his behavior so much, I'm gonna throw a hypothetical question out to you. If New England were to acquire a guy like Brown do you think they would have to worry about him misbehaving or anything like that? Or would he embrace their culture? Personally I'd say the latter. You honestly think he'd pull the stunts he did in Pittsburgh? And to answer your question, as I've mentioned before, Bell would know he wouldn't be in position to TRY those antics, b/c if he doesn't work in New England or Green Bay, which are considered successful franchises, who else would want him? Hence why I said, we hold all the cards not the other way around.

And again what player in the draft currently is better than Brown in his position? When Brown is arguably top 3 in his position. Now personally the WR I'd would like us to get is OBJ personally, but I'm not as dismissive in the thought of getting Brown.
You keep bringing up New England.... and tried to parallel The Josh Gordon situation. Well Since Gordon really didn’t cost anything it was worth the risk. Let’s see if Belichick goes after Brown.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep bringing up New England.... and tried to parallel The Josh Gordon situation. Well Since Gordon really didn’t cost anything it was worth the risk. Let’s see if Belichick goes after Brown.
I only did that because of the whole issue with the character thing you guys keep bringing up, plus the fact that that he was a risk regardless of what they got from him, and even still they were able to get the most out of him before he fell back to his demons.

It's not the first time they've taken chances on players with checkered pasts either, I even brought up Randy Moss if you were paying attention, as another example as he was a headcase. A guy that stated he plays when he wants to play and whatnot. And yet he balled out in NE without issue to my knowledge. Are we that fragile of an organization that we can't do the same to Brown or any other high personality? Seriously. If you believe we are then I could see your point. And if the issue is in regards to money again as I've stated before I could understand that.

At this point I'm sorta hoping Pittsburgh would be dumb enough to trade with NE just to see how he'd do. I bet you it would buy into the culture and we'd hardly hear a peep out of him and play lights out. Then we'll be sitting here a year later saying how we could've had him and whatnot. Personally I would go for Odell but that's just me.

@Pokerbrat2000 Educate me on your philosophy on what a "team player" is? Because it sounds to me like you believe people can't change for the better if put on a different team. We've seen that with guys like Chris Carter, and Randy Moss. So please enlighten me.

I've already mentioned if it's the salary you're worried about I can understand, b/c I know someone of you will mention this again, as well as him being a "risk" when all Free Agents are risks.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and moss won 3, wait, 2, or 1? none? super bowls with NE. Lots of nice stats though and he cost what again to obtain? vs what Brown will cost or reportedly will

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

First of all, I am not a Big Ben fan at all, but my personal dislike for the guy stems from all of his reported actions off the field. Maybe Big Ben is a big part of the problem in Pittsburgh, but that still doesn't absolve AB from his actions. If he is having a beef with Ben, have it out, don't quit practice and not show up the rest of the week and then expect to play on Sunday and be outraged when you don't. That isn't taking his frustrations out on Ben, its taking them out on his teammates.

I hesitate to even bring this up again, because I know you are a big AR supporter, which I am too, but I also recognize the fact that he likes things done his way. You really don't see how that could be a problem with AB?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
@Pokerbrat2000 Educate me on your philosophy on what a "team player" is? Because it sounds to me like you believe people can't change for the better if put on a different team. We've seen that with guys like Chris Carter, and Randy Moss. So please enlighten me.

A team player is one that doesn't put himself first. He is reliable, gives his all and communicates well with not just his coaches, but his teammates.

You might want to clean your ears out if it sounds to you like I said that people can't change. I simply said that given the cost of obtaining and paying Brown, his change wouldn't be something I would risk.

Chris Carter issues were with alcohol and drug abuse, including large amounts of ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana. Once he was able to rid those personal demons, he became a much better player. He was also a waiver pickup by the Vikings and cost them $225K.

Enlighten me on how Randy Moss and Antonio Brown are similar situations?

Apples to Apples is always a better way to go when discussing things. Maybe use Dez Bryant to try and argue your point?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers have enough on their plate with a new coaching staff and all of the sh*t that has been flying around about Rodgers and whatever his part in a bad 2018 season actually was or wasn't. I seriously don't think they need to take on the risk or potential distraction of having a player like AB thrown into the mix. Sure, he could come to Green Bay, play great, be a great teammate and all is well. However, I can also see the complete opposite happening, which ends up costing the Packers a pick or 2, the cap hit of whatever new contract he requires to play for and even worse, a new young head coach wondering how the season spun out so fast.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, I am not a Big Ben fan at all, but my personal dislike for the guy stems from all of his reported actions off the field. Maybe Big Ben is a big part of the problem in Pittsburgh, but that still doesn't absolve AB from his actions. If he is having a beef with Ben, have it out, don't quit practice and not show up the rest of the week and then expect to play on Sunday and be outraged when you don't. That isn't taking his frustrations out on Ben, its taking them out on his teammates.

I hesitate to even bring this up again, because I know you are a big AR supporter, which I am too, but I also recognize the fact that he likes things done his way. You really don't see how that could be a problem with AB?

I'm aware of that possibility, but what you fail to realize or what I don't think you seem to understand is how enabled he was in that locker room back in Pittsburgh. Hence one of the reasons as to why it was toxic. This is why I constantly brought up locker rooms such as ours and New England. Do you HONESTLY believe he'll act the same way he did in Pittsburgh? Personally based off what I've stated previously, I highly doubt it. He may have a temper and whatnot but I doubt he'd be able to get away with the stuff he did in Pittsburgh, because 1. If we're as good of an organization as we believe, we won't enable that kind of behavior. New England sure as hell wouldn't, hence why I often mention them because of how strong of an organization they are from the top going down.

A team player is one that doesn't put himself first. He is reliable, gives his all and communicates well with not just his coaches, but his teammates.

You might want to clean your ears out if it sounds to you like I said that people can't change. I simply said that given the cost of obtaining and paying Brown, his change wouldn't be something I would risk.

Chris Carter issues were with alcohol and drug abuse, including large amounts of ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana. Once he was able to rid those personal demons, he became a much better player. He was also a waiver pickup by the Vikings and cost them $225K.

Enlighten me on how Randy Moss and Antonio Brown are similar situations?

Apples to Apples is always a better way to go when discussing things. Maybe use Dez Bryant to try and argue your point?

I see Brown being capable of fitting those criterias simply for the fact that we won't enable that kind of behavior he did in Pittsburgh, and playing with a generational talent like Rodgers who makes everybody look better will help him in regards to making him look better. Yes again I'm aware of what he did in regards to missing practice and whatnot, but again that's failure on the organization as you've enabled him to where he felt he could pull that stunt.

As for me cleaning my ears out, tell you what (and I say this playfully) I'll do that when you be more clear deal? ;)

To me personally I think based off his skillset, and how hard of a worker he is, that detracts from his personality issues, as I'm more focused on what he can do on the field. And every time he's gone on the field, he's never cheated you on effort.

As for Chris Carter, all that stuff you mentioned certainly doesn't seem to fit your "team player" definition now does it? And Chris has said constantly that he needed to leave Philly because if he had stayed there he probably wouldn't have made it. Going to Minnesota changed him to become a better player as well as a better man.

And you keep bringing up the cost of him, in which time and time I've said over and over if it's regarding the COST then I'd understand.

As for Randy Moss and Antonio Brown, you want me to do a quick comparison of the two? Fine.
-Arguably the best WR's in their skill position at the time. Top 5 in their respective era.
-Flamboyant/Show offy personalities (Randy Moss Moon/AB Twerking)
-Occasional hot heads that disrupted the locker rooms
- Questionable decisions (Randy Moss "I play when I want to play/AB missing practice)
-Mouth back to teammates and coaching staff
- Bonafide playmakers on the field.

I think you see my point. But you saw how Moss matured over time especially with his time with The Patriots. Perhaps the same could happen with Brown. As for Dez, I feel he's largely misunderstood personally due to how people misinterpret his passion on the field for a distraction, when the truth was, he wasn't the issue. But that's another time.

The Packers have enough on their plate with a new coaching staff and all of the sh*t that has been flying around about Rodgers and whatever his part in a bad 2018 season actually was or wasn't. I seriously don't think they need to take on the risk or potential distraction of having a player like AB thrown into the mix. Sure, he could come to Green Bay, play great, be a great teammate and all is well. However, I can also see the complete opposite happening, which ends up costing the Packers a pick or 2, the cap hit of whatever new contract he requires to play for and even worse, a new young head coach wondering how the season spun out so fast.

Now see, THAT I can understand. The cap hit being an issue, and the new coaching changes, and whatnot. But again that's why he's getting paid that money. That comes with the territory of being a coach. You can either fold to pressure or you can shine bright like a diamond. I'm gonna use a quote from Dr. Light (Video game character from the Megaman/Megaman X series) when he created Megaman X, in regards to Antonio Brown. Bear with me alright? :roflmao:

"Brown (X in the game) possess great risks, but as well as great possibilities. I can only hope for the best."

We'll see how it goes, but in any case though I appreciate your thoughts buddy. And again personally I'd prefer Odell over Brown. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss didn't ****ing mature in NE, they were winning and it was fun. He wore out his welcome there and you might want to re-visit that history a bit. He bad mouthed the team, the owner and they were tired of him in the locker room and sent him packing. It's a terrible example actually. He won nothing with the Patriots and they didn't tame him. He **** while they were winning, but he couldn't even maintain that and they had enough after 3 seasons.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note, Bill Simmons podcast yesterday talked about Brown. Mentioning possible destinations (Colts, Patriots, Ravens) all are AFC teams.. The after mentioned 49ers was there as well with his earlier tweet... I swear I see the writing on the wall... Patriots on a 2-3 year contract to win at least ONE Super Bowl. I see a 07 Moss situation coming. I know I more than likely will be wrong. I would like him only a one year 15-16 million guaranteed and try to win it next year.. I want this team to get young so that after Rodgers leaves it won't be a team filled with 35-40 year olds. Although we need a successful backup because no team in history has had the luck the Packers have had with Quarterbacks it's bound to hit us at some point.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too do not recall Rodgers ever singling out an individual player, by name, like Big Ben did. That being said, if AB has issues with Ben, I could see an incident occurring down the line with a guy like A-Rodg. AB is a headcase and it's going to take a lot to keep him from exploding.

And Rodgers has been known to rub some players the wrong way.
rodgers hasn't called out players by name. ben is certainly out of control. that's on tomlin, the front office, ownership, and ben. he's been elevated to place of untouchability in that organization and, to it's detriment, he's allowed himself to buy into it.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers hasn't called out players by name. ben is certainly out of control. that's on tomlin, the front office, ownership, and ben. he's been elevated to place of untouchability in that organization and he's bought into it.
I hope you're not talking about Rodgers in this talk about untouchability. Especially by the organization no less. I can dismantle that argument right now and I've said this before to you as a matter of fact. If Rodgers was truly untouchable and had this much power then he wouldn't have lost his QB coach that he liked, he wouldn't have lost Jordy Nelson, and we would've still have kept Jared Cook along with a few other players Rodgers went to bat for. C'mon man. Just b/c Rodgers was rightfully paid doesn't mean he's untouchable. And frankly he's the franchise! I think it's fairly obvious we go as far as he can take us.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Steelers would simply say F you Antonio Brown we are not trading you unless it is to the worst team in the NFC for a first round pick. No I don't think the Packers are the worst team in the NFC. I'd be a bit concerned it might still be the Lions but I think the Cardinals have them beat and maybe even the 49ers.

Is he going to sit out if they keep him? Is he going to show up and cause problems because that will surely help his cause in the future. I mean heck, they are going to get hammered by the cap either way so tell him you are going to play for us or you sit out. Come in and play your heart out and not cause any problems and next year if you still want out we will give you a little more flexibility in deciding your own fate.

I think AB is having a hard time with the fact that other WRs are making more money than he is and that he is in danger of not being the focal point of the offense and its #1 WR any more. He seems to have a juvenile mentality that he has to be the most important guy on the field and now that it might not be the case he can't accept it and it is causing friction.

I know its a risk they probably won't want to take but I will be really disappointed if all they can get for him is a third rounder and he ends up with a new contract out of it. It sets a bad precedent when players know all they need to do to get traded is to become a complete and total malcontent and they will get their wish. I'm sure we will know by March 17th as I don't see them eating the addition 2.whatever million if they have truly decided that the only option is to trade him. Would waiting up the compensation they might get enough to offset the additional cap hit? I don't know.

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're not talking about Rodgers in this talk about untouchability. Especially by the organization no less. I can dismantle that argument right now and I've said this before to you as a matter of fact. If Rodgers was truly untouchable and had this much power then he wouldn't have lost his QB coach that he liked, he wouldn't have lost Jordy Nelson, and we would've still have kept Jared Cook along with a few other players Rodgers went to bat for. C'mon man. Just b/c Rodgers was rightfully paid doesn't mean he's untouchable. And frankly he's the franchise! I think it's fairly obvious we go as far as he can take us.
lol...i didn't say, or intimate, anything about rodgers in my post. it's clear he hasn't been given cart blanch as ben has been given.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol...i didn't say, or intimate, anything about rodgers in my post. it's clear he hasn't been given cart blanch as ben has been given.
Hence why I was asking for clarification. Rodgers is definitely not a head case like Big Ben is.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hence why I was asking for clarification. Rodgers is definitely not a head case like Big Ben is.
that said rodgers did publicly express disappointment in those moves you mentioned and that he wasn't at least consulted. there are some implications on his part there that i'll let you mull over. ;)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that said rodgers did publicly express disappointment in those moves you mentioned and that he wasn't at least consulted. there are some implications on his part there that i'll let you mull over. ;)
I mean wouldn't you if you were in his position? Losing a QB coach whom you trust, and a receiver who you have the best chemistry with? I mean that would be a total blindside.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I wish the Steelers would simply say F you Antonio Brown we are not trading you unless it is to the worst team in the NFC for a first round pick. No I don't think the Packers are the worst team in the NFC. I'd be a bit concerned it might still be the Lions but I think the Cardinals have them beat and maybe even the 49ers.

Is he going to sit out if they keep him? Is he going to show up and cause problems because that will surely help his cause in the future. I mean heck, they are going to get hammered by the cap either way so tell him you are going to play for us or you sit out. Come in and play your heart out and not cause any problems and next year if you still want out we will give you a little more flexibility in deciding your own fate.

Were definitely near the bottom of the toilet. We lost to the Cardinals at home in the cold. Got beat twice by the Lions and like 0-4 in our last four against them. It took a 4th quater miracle finish to beat the Niners and the Jets.

I think people are still in denial that we are a pretty bad football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.