Worst off-season ever

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:
bozz_2006 said:
but that's the thing lare, ted has improved the team. 4-12 ---> 8-8 = improvement.

Considering the record of the team in the years before TT got here, I don't think we want to go into how 4-12 and 8-8 are an improvement.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm not belittling those of anyone else here by calling names or telling them "Waaaa" (thankfully I grew out of needing to do that over 40 years ago). All I'm saying is that there were several thousand people booing TT at Lambeau field yesterday and there have been tens of thousands booing the team there at recent home games.

Many of you may be content and pleased with the product TT has been putting on the field, but it appears there are many who aren't. And I'm guessing TT's superiors aren't thrilled to hear the boos and see their fans spending their money elsewhere.

We shall see.

It's amazing isn't it.

Ted is NOT popular and every month that goes by he puts another shovel full of dirt on his own grave. I can't wait

Can we trade TT for a seventh Rounder?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I remember last years shovels of dirt, Hawk and Jennings.

I remember the outrage last year too. "Greg Who?!"

keep it up, you guys provide a good comedy act.

How many recievers have Favre MADE? I'm pretty sure 3 or 4, maybe 5 of our receivers of ol' wouldn't have half the stats without this particular QB.

I'm not sure you can say Jennings has panned out yet. He had a pretty good year for a Rook, but he did get injured. I like the guy, but I'm not sold on him yet.

Hawk? How could you go wrong? I can't applaud TT for that pick. Anyone here would have made that pick.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axel, Brian Bosworth was supposedly a "can't miss" lb too but he was a bust. Good picks are good picks regardless if everyone thinks he'll be good or no one thinks he'll be good.

Also, Packer fans were calling the '95 offseason the worst ever and well we ended up in the NFC championship that year with a SB victory the following season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, worst offseason ever!

and the offseason isnt even over yet.

I love this board. It's comedy gold.

GOLD.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only reason people hate this offseason, is because ESPN told them to.

when really, these media people report on 32 other teams. they really have no idea the direction or focus of this particular team. to build on young talent starting with the trenches. everyone reports that we stretched on Brandon Jackson. yet no one mentioned he played in a ZBS, and is the perfect back out of the remaining few for the packers.

if we would have waited and picked him later he might not have been there and we would end up with a RB maybe not fit for our scheme as well as this guy is gonna be.

but he wasnt on Mel Kipers top 40 list so hes gotta suck.

get a grip. why trust what Mel Kiper says (who is always wrong by the way) over the guy we have running the team wearing the Green Bay logo on his chest proudly. who knows the inner workings and studies daily. instead of a bunch of guys looking for stories.

think for yourself

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And hilarity ensues!!

Harrell is a beast and will make our D-line a dominant force for years to come. A top 10 pick if not for the injury, and the injury has been cleared. A steal at 16.

As potent as our offense was back in the 1990s, it was the defense that got us to the Super Bowls. And we are building the perfect beast on D.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who see the upside to our draft this year, thanks for not shooting it full of holes before the season even starts. For you negativecranklepusses who didn't get their glam boy picked, save it for three years and then come back and tell us why this draft, and off season, sucked.

I like this draft, if Justin works out, and we've addressed Safety, WR and potentially the RB position. that's what we wanted going in. the only goofy move to me was the kicker, however his rating was that high, so we took him. That could be a good long term pick too.

vbpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Packer people. How can anyone think you can effectivly evaluate a draft at this stage of the game?
Some people are WAY too locked on name recogination, it's absolutly absurd, give it some time!
Remember Bart Starr? He was a 15th. round selection!
Donald Driver was a 6th rounder.........I don't have all day here, I hope you all can see where this is going.
We picked up some real quality players!
Look deeper than a name that will never live up to the expectations of the "Experts".

GO PACKERS!!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, Lare has never been the offensive, rude, condescending, blindly anti-TT guy that some of the other well-knowns were. I think he's a good poster, and know that he wants the Pack to win.

But yeah, these threads are sweet to read now. Such mind-numbing, sky-is-falling crybabyness is what forced me to stay away for alot of the offseason.

Reading these is like making a stop over at firetedthompson.com- you just hear two things. Crickets chirping and me laughing at people's impatience and pessimism. (or realism as they used to say, lol)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
To be fair, Lare has never been the offensive, rude, condescending, blindly anti-TT guy that some of the other well-knowns were. I think he's a good poster, and know that he wants the Pack to win.

But yeah, these threads are sweet to read now. Such mind-numbing, sky-is-falling crybabyness is what forced me to stay away for alot of the offseason.

Reading these is like making a stop over at firetedthompson.com- you just hear two things. Crickets chirping and me laughing at people's impatience and pessimism. (or realism as they used to say, lol)

Well pyle is banned, Lare has been posting not sure bout the others??

no web site for firetedthompson.com anymore LOL

http://www.firepackersgm.com

where NET was posting, and using his ROTT slogan in fact Net wa sposting there a lot it seems, but he has stopped

http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/index.php

Makes you wonder??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Well pyle is banned, Lare has been posting not sure bout the others??

no web site for firetedthompson.com anymore LOL

http://www.firepackersgm.com

where NET was posting, and using his ROTT slogan in fact Net wa sposting there a lot it seems, but he has stopped

http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/index.php

Makes you wonder??

Wow, Net posts there?

Wow.

Just wow.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, that's some weird stuff on that firepackersgm.com web site. It's like a cult or something. Even if I thought Thompson was a horrible GM, I can't imagine devoting that much energy to the cause of hating and discrediting him. The Internet is such a strange place sometimes.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you saying this ^^^^^^^^^^ in jest?I hope you're saying it in jest. Cause right now, G. Olson has played a shocking one game, and had about 2 catches, 0 TDs. Compare that to Bubba/Lee. Our O-line? Looked like the Pats' line out there last Sunday against Merriman, Williams & Co. And as far as receiver goes, Dwayne Bowe is the only guy from the 1st round (excluding Calvin Johnson of course-but he obviously wasn't available) who has done anything so far, and that's cause he plays for the Wasteland of Offense in KC. At this point, I'd take JJ over any receiver taken in this year's draft

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
At this point, I'd take JJ over any receiver taken in this year's draft

Lol, i almost choked on my chineese food when i read that. No more jokes please.

Greg Olson looks like a stud in the one game i saw him in. Imagine what a real QB could do with him or Bowe. Bowe looks like the next (skill) Terell Owens type receiver. Big strong and fast and runs with determination.

I mean, i was shocked when we drafted Harrell and the fact that he has been inactive the first 3 games is not good. I doubt he cracks the lineup for any significant playing time till next year. Drafting Jackson 2nd was like, why. Surely an offensive lineman could have been more valuable. TT drafted decently last year on the O-line so i figured he would add to it. Instead we get Jackson who wont play much once Morency is back and split carries with a 7th rounder in Wynn. Also, Morency isnt all that amazing either. Its dissapointing that we drafted a guy 2nd that cant beat out Morency.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
pack_in_black said:
At this point, I'd take JJ over any receiver taken in this year's draft

Lol, i almost choked on my chineese food when i read that. No more jokes please.

Greg Olson looks like a stud in the one game i saw him in. Imagine what a real QB could do with him or Bowe. Bowe looks like the next (skill) Terell Owens type receiver. Big strong and fast and runs with determination.

I mean, i was shocked when we drafted Harrell and the fact that he has been inactive the first 3 games is not good. I doubt he cracks the lineup for any significant playing time till next year. Drafting Jackson 2nd was like, why. Surely an offensive lineman could have been more valuable. TT drafted decently last year on the O-line so i figured he would add to it. Instead we get Jackson who wont play much once Morency is back and split carries with a 7th rounder in Wynn. Also, Morency isnt all that amazing either. Its dissapointing that we drafted a guy 2nd that cant beat out Morency.

Ok, ok now I know you're just trying to get people worked up, cause this whole draft debate is more dated than the websites listed above.

Olsen looked like a stud? All 28 yards/2 catches of studliness, yep that was awesome.

Bowe is, I'm sorry, not "the next TO". To say something like that this early on is like saying JJ is the next Sterling Sharpe, and Wynn is the next Marion Barber.

You know what? Forget it. I'm done. In the words of Bender from The Breakfast Club: "I don't wanna get into this with you man..."

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Are you saying this ^^^^^^^^^^ in jest?I hope you're saying it in jest. Cause right now, G. Olson has played a shocking one game, and had about 2 catches, 0 TDs. Compare that to Bubba/Lee. Our O-line? Looked like the Pats' line out there last Sunday against Merriman, Williams & Co. And as far as receiver goes, Dwayne Bowe is the only guy from the 1st round (excluding Calvin Johnson of course-but he obviously wasn't available) who has done anything so far, and that's cause he plays for the Wasteland of Offense in KC. At this point, I'd take JJ over any receiver taken in this year's draft

But Greg Olson is FAMOUS. That's TT's problem. He didn't get anybody famous. That's what this is all about, you know.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
pack_in_black said:

But Greg Olson is FAMOUS. That's TT's problem. He didn't get anybody famous. That's what this is all about, you know.

Ah. I guess I missed the meeting where it was determined that you could only like players on your favorite team if Mel Kiper Jr. said that they were cool. :D

They must've held that meeting on firethesaviorofthefranchise/resurrectorofbrettshalloffamecareer.com or whatever the name of that interweb page is..... :eek:

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss Pyledriver :(

The FA wasn't productive, but it didn't need to be. TT roxxors my soxx.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Yea, he got a famous DT that is inactive and wont crack the lineup for some time or see any significant playing time since we already have studs on the D-line. He drafted the famous B.Jackson and everyone is sooooo glad Morency is coming back to "save the day".

I have no problem with Morency but:

A. there are 100 threads about why we didnt trade for a running back.

B. We used our 2nd pick on a running back

C. We are so ready to give up on B. Jackson since Morency is coming back.

Summary = We are excited to get a guy back from injury to "bring back our running attack" that we didnt want in the first place. That means we wasted a 2nd round draft pick.

A1. We had like 6 D-lineman last year and still have them this year. D-line was not and is not a weakness.

B1. We draft/waste a first round pick on a Defensive lineman.

C1. Drafted D-lineman is inactive for first 3 games and cant crack starting lineup. Who would have figured.

A2. We needed a safety, tight end, quality depth at corner, depth on the offensive line. Yes we have adequate depth but not adequate enough depth to make a superbowl run. If woodson or Harris goes down, our season is down the tubes. Enough said.

B2. All of these needs could have been addressed in the draft and free agency at no detriment to our cap space or our "build for the future" strategy

C2. We have holes in our team that will prevent us from making the most out of this season. Whether or not that goal is just to make the playoffs or make it to the superbowl.

Yes, we can make the playoffs and can make the superbowl but i mean it would have made it a whole lot easier to reach our goals if we hadnt made these critical mistakes this offseason.

I could care less about famous players/draft picks. I just wanted to see us make decent personell decisions.

Im a packer fan and all of us are or we wouldnt be here. Im just going on about this stuff cuz im at work with not much to do and im bored.

Members online

Latest posts