1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Worst off-season ever

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packman5, Apr 29, 2007.

1. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Used to be a big Braves fan so i would watch most of their games and espn has a game on every night. Now that i think about it, well over 200 games/year

2. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Baseball's a great sport for those that can't get their arms around a football team.

3. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice, cant wait

4. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yea, i hated football back then before 1992 and loved baseball. Thats all i watched. Funny how things change. I'd rather watch the 4th quarter of a packer pre-season game then watch the world series.

5. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    So, I take it you don't have anything green hanging in your closet?

6. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My Favre & Barnett jerseys. Got my packer pillows, packer blanket that is hung on the wall, many other Favre & packer things and my pride & joy packer lighter. Im a fan. I just want the team to do well and i just think that a couple of extra moves this offseason were needed. RB, safety, TE, whatever. I dont have to be a fan of the GM and agree with all of his moves, as long as i like the team, who cares. Just because some of his moves work out, does not mean that he is doing a good job. Hell, the team is 0-3 with A-Rod starting. A-Rod cant pull off that run-shoot like Favre is doing.

Im sure Harrel will be good. Time will tell but i just see drafting Harrel as us getting nothing this offseason. We already have good DT's. All that draft pick means is that we replace a current good player with another good player. Its not really an addition which is what a safety/corner/TE/OL would have been in the draft.

7. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

These kind of comments are ridiculous. NEWSFLASH: It's ok to not agree with every move and call your team makes. I'm glad you are the authority as to who the REAL fans are. Save this garbage, Please!

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Is it ok to enjoy being 3-0 and letting the team handle their mistakes and having faith in them to fix it up, considering, I dunno, they're 3-0?

How about that one?

9. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's just unfounded. A-Rod looked better than he has his entire career this preseason I know, I know-preseason means nothing. I agree, but it's all we have as a point of reference.

The coaching staff was high on him, they were high on Bigby, and Blackmon, and JJ, and Coston. When these guys talk up a player, it's usually not just fluff, but really good talent assessment. I think with Arodg we'd be 2-1. JMO

That's the thing. TT has had impeccable drafts so far. Almost all of his picks have been great, good value, sleepers, etc. I figure if one of the better drafting GM's of the last few years thinks that the DT was the BPA for the Packers, it would make sense to trust his judgement. TT cares about winning. That's why I trust the pick.

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    This was a great thread to drag up after a 3-0 start... why not drag the offseason debate into a so far excellent season..

Cheers boys, have a beer, enjoy the cool fall weather, and enjoy another action packed weekend of football...

After the season we can start in again with the draft, the lack of movement and such. [​IMG]

We have an exciting team to watch that happens to be winning... Isn't that enough?

11. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate "what ifs", but WHAT IF T-Murph hadn't had that unfortunate injury. Can you imagine the boggling minds of Defensive Coordinators trying to hold down Driver, Jennings (TT), Jones (TT), Murphy (TT), Franks and Lee?!?!?!?!

Like I said, I hate "what ifs".

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Defensive Tackles impacts are seldom made on the stat card. Their job is to make a big enough force in the backfield that it allows the linebackers to come up and make plays. I watched San Diego vs. Green Bay on NFL replay on my DVR and that's exactly what he, Williams, and Jolly did for most of the game.

Williams is a great pass rusher and Jolly probably has the most potential to be dominate but the value Pickett brings to this team just in the running defense is huge. I wouldn't underestimate it one bit.

13. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Greg Olson looked pretty good last night didnt he?
    James Jones did as well huh?
    Didnt see too much of Harrell
    Oh well, who needs Olson, Moss, Bowe, etc. when we have Jones and Harrell.

Some people should only speak when they are given permission Pacnic

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Great... now we are bringing back the threads again for the other side of the argument.

Anybody else think this is going to stop all season.. neither do I.

Did anyone notice the bull rush that Harrell provided on that one play... pushed the guard into the Qb an collapsed the pocket on the inside. Give him some time before labeling him a bust.

15. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Whatever.

I'll take our guys over whatever the Bears have any day. The only way they're going to win is for the other team to play lousy like we did last night.

We played lousy.

Greg Olsen will WISH he could catch as many passes as Jones will in his career. It won't even be close.

16. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate when people bring up threads because they only do it when a player they said was bad plays bad really for the first time all season. :wink:

17. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, Harrell played yesterday. I saw him make a nice play helping stop Benson on a loss.

18. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    whatever...

19. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, whatever it takes to get some sort of enjoyment out of a home loss to CHI, right guys? As long as you can prove other posters wrong for this week, then the loss is worth it, I guess.

I was excited to see Harrell active, but was too pissed to pay much attention to the d-line. Jones had a crappy game, and MM got in his face for it. Favre had an incredible first half, then fell apart along with the rest of the team in the second. Great to see the running game click like it did, and good to see the Hawk make some plays.

This loss is a really painful one for me, mostly cause we had the Bears by the nuts and then let 'em off the hook. That's right. I went there.

Good news, though. We're still in 1st place, and the team has good reason to be pissed next week when they host an underrated Redskins team.

20. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    .................and I will be at Sunday's game. This will be my first ever Packer game at Lambeau, third Packer game ever. I went to the Packer/Viking games in the Metrodome in 2005 and 2006.

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    no more forum there, just directs you to the petition to fire ted

LOL