Worst off-season ever

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Baseball has 162 games in the regular season. Add 19 and if every playoff series goes full-length and you have 181....How you fit 200 in there.... Maybe it has been a while since you watched.

Used to be a big Braves fan so i would watch most of their games and espn has a game on every night. Now that i think about it, well over 200 games/year

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baseball's a great sport for those that can't get their arms around a football team.

yea, i hated football back then before 1992 and loved baseball. Thats all i watched. Funny how things change. I'd rather watch the 4th quarter of a packer pre-season game then watch the world series.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
warhawk said:
Just hang in there we're going to lose one sooner our later and you can start all the sky is falling pissing and moaning then.

Nice, cant wait

So, I take it you don't have anything green hanging in your closet?

My Favre & Barnett jerseys. Got my packer pillows, packer blanket that is hung on the wall, many other Favre & packer things and my pride & joy packer lighter. Im a fan. I just want the team to do well and i just think that a couple of extra moves this offseason were needed. RB, safety, TE, whatever. I dont have to be a fan of the GM and agree with all of his moves, as long as i like the team, who cares. Just because some of his moves work out, does not mean that he is doing a good job. Hell, the team is 0-3 with A-Rod starting. A-Rod cant pull off that run-shoot like Favre is doing.

Im sure Harrel will be good. Time will tell but i just see drafting Harrel as us getting nothing this offseason. We already have good DT's. All that draft pick means is that we replace a current good player with another good player. Its not really an addition which is what a safety/corner/TE/OL would have been in the draft.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
warhawk said:
Just hang in there we're going to lose one sooner our later and you can start all the sky is falling pissing and moaning then.

Nice, cant wait

These kind of comments are ridiculous. NEWSFLASH: It's ok to not agree with every move and call your team makes. I'm glad you are the authority as to who the REAL fans are. Save this garbage, Please!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
de_real_deal said:
warhawk said:

Nice, cant wait

These kind of comments are ridiculous. NEWSFLASH: It's ok to not agree with every move and call your team makes.

Is it ok to enjoy being 3-0 and letting the team handle their mistakes and having faith in them to fix it up, considering, I dunno, they're 3-0?

How about that one?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Hell, the team is 0-3 with A-Rod starting. A-Rod cant pull off that run-shoot like Favre is doing.

That's just unfounded. A-Rod looked better than he has his entire career this preseason I know, I know-preseason means nothing. I agree, but it's all we have as a point of reference.

The coaching staff was high on him, they were high on Bigby, and Blackmon, and JJ, and Coston. When these guys talk up a player, it's usually not just fluff, but really good talent assessment. I think with Arodg we'd be 2-1. JMO

de_real_deal said:
Im sure Harrel will be good. Time will tell but i just see drafting Harrel as us getting nothing this offseason. We already have good DT's. All that draft pick means is that we replace a current good player with another good player. Its not really an addition which is what a safety/corner/TE/OL would have been in the draft.

That's the thing. TT has had impeccable drafts so far. Almost all of his picks have been great, good value, sleepers, etc. I figure if one of the better drafting GM's of the last few years thinks that the DT was the BPA for the Packers, it would make sense to trust his judgement. TT cares about winning. That's why I trust the pick.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This was a great thread to drag up after a 3-0 start... why not drag the offseason debate into a so far excellent season..

Cheers boys, have a beer, enjoy the cool fall weather, and enjoy another action packed weekend of football...

After the season we can start in again with the draft, the lack of movement and such.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We have an exciting team to watch that happens to be winning... Isn't that enough?

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate "what ifs", but WHAT IF T-Murph hadn't had that unfortunate injury. Can you imagine the boggling minds of Defensive Coordinators trying to hold down Driver, Jennings (TT), Jones (TT), Murphy (TT), Franks and Lee?!?!?!?!

Like I said, I hate "what ifs".

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
I don't think we have seen enough positives out of Harrell to feel comfortable letting Williams walk. Pickett looks to be going downhill. Cole is average. Jolly may be something if he continues to improve. I say re-sign Corey until someone else steps it up

Pickett has been rock solid this year. The Packers have one of the best run defenses in the NFL and he is one of the reasons why along with Jolly and Williams. The Defensive Tackles do their job and it also frees up Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk. One of the reasons why our linebackers are able to make plays is because of the Defensive Tackles we have. Out of the four, each one is a starting caliber player.

I agree that we haven't seen enough out of Harrell to let Williams walk. However if Corey Williams has a good but not great year and wants Pro Bowl type of money then I think the Packers are forced to make a tough business decision.

I don't think he made one stop against SD. I just don't think Pickett is playing at the level he was last year. He is not the force in the middle like I thought he would be. No big deal as we have other guys. Just my two cents

Defensive Tackles impacts are seldom made on the stat card. Their job is to make a big enough force in the backfield that it allows the linebackers to come up and make plays. I watched San Diego vs. Green Bay on NFL replay on my DVR and that's exactly what he, Williams, and Jolly did for most of the game.

Williams is a great pass rusher and Jolly probably has the most potential to be dominate but the value Pickett brings to this team just in the running defense is huge. I wouldn't underestimate it one bit.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
Your guys logic makes no sense. We draft harrell to be the D-line anchor of the future??? We have no idea how he will play in 2 years. Why not draft a guy who can help us this year and next year and IF WE FIND THAT WE NEED A DEFENSIVE TACKLE in a couple of years or in 4 or five years, we can draft one at that time or get one in free agency, whatever. Plus we get to find out if the guy we drafted is even worth keeping around in the first couple of years instead of giving him a shot in a couple of years, then giving him 2 - 3 more years to see if he can develop, then let him bolt for free agency when he has one good season.

Man, You do not draft a DEFENSIVE TACKLE IN ROUND 1 to "maybe be a starter down the line" when you have glaring needs at other postions.

name one player available that would be a bigger contributor on this team. justifyable around our pick. and if you say Greg Olsen i swear to god. you cant... you dont know.
please please please please please shut up. until you can get a job as a GM and then assemble a team that goes 3-0 against playoff teams... can you judge a GMs draft moves. a GM that has drafted James Jones. Mason Crosby. Greg Jennings. Daryn Colledge. Jason Spitz. AJ Hawk. Johnny Jolly. Korey Hall. ALL!!!! ALL first or second year players. STARTING FREAKING STARTING FREAKING STARTING FREAKING STARTING on a 3-0 NFL TEAM! (sorry im repeating myself, but youll bring up the same points nine times until we go 4-0 and then leave forever like the rest of negative nancy stupid knee jerk fans)

Im just saying, we dont need another D-lineman. Not now and not for a few years if not more.

Round 1 we could have had Leon Hall, Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross, Reggie Nelson, Dwayne Bowe and yes, Greg Olson. These guys would have provided depth at positions we have a NEED for at this time. By the way, they would have provided depth/starters for THE FUTURE as well. Yes, even in the future we will need defensive backs, receivers and tight ends.

I have no idea how harrel will turn out but that pick could have been used to help us now and in THE FUTURE which is all it seems anyone cares about. In THE FUTURE Brett Favre will be gone and it will take a much better team than this to compete.

Also, of the 8 draft picks you mention as proof, one is a kicker, one is Kory Hall who barely plays, the rest of them are pretty good but none is at pro bowl level including A.J. See the "AJ starting slow thread". Take Favre out and put A-Rod in and this is a one win team at best and probably 0-3.

You draft a QB of THE FUTURE. You draft a receiver for THE FUTURE. You draft a cornerback for THE FUTURE. You DONT draft a defensive tackle for the future in round one, on a mediocre team(talking about last year). Running back, D-line are positions that for the most part can just jump right in and start right away most of the time. Dude, you dont draft DT of THE FUTURE when you are loaded on the D-line. Ridiculous.

/rant

Greg Olson looked pretty good last night didnt he?
James Jones did as well huh?
Didnt see too much of Harrell
Oh well, who needs Olson, Moss, Bowe, etc. when we have Jones and Harrell.

Some people should only speak when they are given permission Pacnic

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Great... now we are bringing back the threads again for the other side of the argument.

Anybody else think this is going to stop all season.. neither do I.

Did anyone notice the bull rush that Harrell provided on that one play... pushed the guard into the Qb an collapsed the pocket on the inside. Give him some time before labeling him a bust.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever.

I'll take our guys over whatever the Bears have any day. The only way they're going to win is for the other team to play lousy like we did last night.

We played lousy.

Greg Olsen will WISH he could catch as many passes as Jones will in his career. It won't even be close.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great... now we are bringing back the threads again for the other side of the argument.

Anybody else think this is going to stop all season.. neither do I.

Did anyone notice the bull rush that Harrell provided on that one play... pushed the guard into the Qb an collapsed the pocket on the inside. Give him some time before labeling him a bust.

I hate when people bring up threads because they only do it when a player they said was bad plays bad really for the first time all season. :wink:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, whatever it takes to get some sort of enjoyment out of a home loss to CHI, right guys? As long as you can prove other posters wrong for this week, then the loss is worth it, I guess.

I was excited to see Harrell active, but was too pissed to pay much attention to the d-line. Jones had a crappy game, and MM got in his face for it. Favre had an incredible first half, then fell apart along with the rest of the team in the second. Great to see the running game click like it did, and good to see the Hawk make some plays.

This loss is a really painful one for me, mostly cause we had the Bears by the nuts and then let 'em off the hook. That's right. I went there.

Good news, though. We're still in 1st place, and the team has good reason to be pissed next week when they host an underrated Redskins team.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.................and I will be at Sunday's game. This will be my first ever Packer game at Lambeau, third Packer game ever. I went to the Packer/Viking games in the Metrodome in 2005 and 2006.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
To be fair, Lare has never been the offensive, rude, condescending, blindly anti-TT guy that some of the other well-knowns were. I think he's a good poster, and know that he wants the Pack to win.

But yeah, these threads are sweet to read now. Such mind-numbing, sky-is-falling crybabyness is what forced me to stay away for alot of the offseason.

Reading these is like making a stop over at firetedthompson.com- you just hear two things. Crickets chirping and me laughing at people's impatience and pessimism. (or realism as they used to say, lol)

Well pyle is banned, Lare has been posting not sure bout the others??

no web site for firetedthompson.com anymore LOL

http://www.firepackersgm.com

where NET was posting, and using his ROTT slogan in fact Net wa sposting there a lot it seems, but he has stopped

http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/index.php

Makes you wonder??

no more forum there, just directs you to the petition to fire ted

LOL

Members online

Latest posts