Wk 14 Packers @ Browns - Beware The Trap Game

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep... I know where you are coming from... and appreciate your never ending positive attitude, but I'm not sold on Hundley, and doubt I ever will be. However... I will be rooting for him on Sunday.

Didnt even say I was sold on him. I'm not. He is way too inconsistent at this point in his career.

They only point I was making with you was that he had an overall good game vs. Pittsburgh.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you are struggling to play .500 ball you definitely shouldn’t be overlooking anybody, so not sure this is a “trap game” per se.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest fear isn't that the packers lose this game, it's that the packers lose this game, Rodgers doesn't come back because there's no point and McCarthy gets a pass on the season because Rodgers was hurt and didn't come back. Which ignores the fact that Rodgers would have no reason to come back because Thompson and McCarthy did such terrible jobs that Rodgers is literally the only thing on this team that keeps the Packers in the playoff chase. I mean, Packers might have actually won the Steelers game if McCarthy was a decent coach who didn't attempt what would have been a record-setting FG in Pittsburgh and then the team would be in a much better place right now.

Do I think the Browns will win? No, they're terrible. I want the Packers to win and Rodgers to come back. Luckily I am convinced that nobody wants Rodgers to come back more than McCarthy because he knows Rodgers is the only thing covering up the fact that he's a mediocre coach.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett Hundley cannot beat the Browns, he officially becomes the worst QB to start a game in 2017, with Peterson a close second.

Nathan Peterman was benched after throwing five interceptions in the first half. No matter how good the Chargers defense is, that automatically makes him worse than any other QB who played this season.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they get beat by the Browns, people better lose their damm jobs. This would be the lowest point in years...
Lowest point in years? More like lowest point in decades. This could easily be regarded as one of the worst losses in franchise history.

IF the Packers lose, at least 1 of (if not all) of the 3 musketeers should lose their jobs.

wiinnc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers will be back no matter what after Browns game (assuming he's healthy enough), since they'll mathematically still be alive, even if it's very minimal.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. When Holmgren and company lost to Indy in 1997.
Yikes that was a bad one that I had forgotten about.
My 0ldest son and I were at camp hunting so we had to listen to it on the radio.
I remember now that I literally felt like puking when that game ended.
That was one a lot of us (including the Packers) took for granted.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lowest point in years? More like lowest point in decades. This could easily be regarded as one of the worst losses in franchise history.

If the Packers lose, at least 1 of (if not all) of the 3 musketeers should lose their jobs.

Not if the Packers lose the way they did in Pittsburgh. A Ravens game-type loss would be more like it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personal opinion - a close loss to the Steelers and a close loss to the Browns is apples-and-oranges

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to make a hot take... Pack is going to lose this game. Josh Gordon is going to run wild on this secondary.

wiinnc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hot take... we continue #runningthetable. It's destiny.

Attachments

• runthetable.jpg
    runthetable.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 118

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley's stat line vs the Steelers:

Completion %: 65.4
Yards: 245
TDs: 3
Picks: 0
Rating: 134.3

This was against one of the top pass defenses in the league too.

No, he wasn't perfect. Taking unnecessary sacks is an example of something he could have done better.

I see no way to classify the Steelers game as not good though.

A screen play and a blown coverage by Pitt went for two of those tds

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um... and they Browns are supposed to be the worst team in the NFL? Gad, such lousy playing this afternoon by the Pack.

The 2008 Lions just might keep their dubious record.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DK out playing BH right now. Actually, out played by a pretty significant margin. Will update, but agreed, some heads gotta roll in the office. Preferably DC.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson, McCarthy, Crapers, Cobb, Matthews, Richard Rodgers, Bulaga, and House 100% have to be off this team in 2018.

Maybe Jordy too

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts