Wk 14 Packers @ Browns - Beware The Trap Game

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well ... in a week-to-week league, this game may be the one trap game of the year. While on paper they may have the lowest point output in a long time, every team including the worst ones always seem to have that one game they just put it all out there and somehow walk home with the goods. And Hue Jackson wants to maintain his job by the end of the year guaranteed, and if the players still want him they're going to try and do all they can from here on out to keep him.

One thing is for sure that while Hundley does have 2 wins to his name, we had a nip and tuck battle against both of them with our win today coming in OT. And truthfully the bad Hundley was there again today, but thankfully our run game managed to get it done. I'm thinking the Browns probably took note of this and I'm almost wondering if they're going to be focused solely on loading the box and looking to eliminate it and forcing Hundley to win it on his arm.

Now on the flipside, we might get gifts from Dishon Kizer, but this is still Dom Capers's defense here and he once let another rookie named Josh Freeman beat us when it seemed a sure lock we'd win. I can only hope maybe Rodgers's return to practice means he's now a return in week 15, but regardless ... Hundley's going to have to shoulder this load at least one more week.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched the Browns game today. You think Hundley is bad? Kizer is just putrid. It's gonna be some more ugly football come Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns make another QB change, as if that will help them any.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched the Browns game today. You think Hundley is bad? Kizer is just putrid. It's gonna be some more ugly football come Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns make another QB change, as if that will help them any.

Yeah, but keep in mind, Cleveland is already out of the playoffs and has no pressure at all to win. Players might look at the chance to beat a team that's still in the playoff race as their one superbowl of the year. For our guys, the pressure is that they know if they drop this one, it's all but over especially if the Seahawks and Panthers win one more next week.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but keep in mind, Cleveland is already out of the playoffs and has no pressure at all to win. Players might look at the chance to beat a team that's still in the playoff race as their one superbowl of the year. For our guys, the pressure is that they know if they drop this one, it's all but over especially if the Seahawks and Panthers win one more next week.
Oh I'm not saying this is an automatic win. We're still a bad team without Rodgers. I'm just saying the Browns suck and the game will probably be a repeat of Tampa.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win and we keep our already extremely slim playoff hopes alive, or lose and hope it results in some heads rolling after the season ends. Either result is fine with me.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Its not a Trap game if you need to win out. Beat the Brownies get Rodgers back for the Panthers and run the damn Table again. Hopefully Hundley isnt T-R-A-S-H again. 88 yard passing against a weak D isnt good.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what was a 'trap' game? Us for the Steelers last weekend. This isn't one.

I think most fans believe it's incredibly possible this will be Cleveland's first win if Hundley's play looks anything like it did today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to be good enough to be able to overlook an opponent in anticipation of the next one. This team is not good enough this year for that. It may be ugly but it sure isn't a trap game.

Well I can only hope not, but let's face it, we got the biggie against Carolina in 2 weeks and even though I know MM isn't overlooking Cleveland, you can never be sure none of our players are with that game right on the tail of it.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what was a 'trap' game? Us for the Steelers last weekend. This isn't one.

I think most fans believe it's incredibly possible this will be Cleveland's first win if Hundley's play looks anything like it did today.

If this is Cleveland's one and only win, heads better roll.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol this isn't a trap game. Teams cruising, dominant, and confident have "trap" games. We are gasping for air, in complete and utter desperation mode. There is no such thing as a trap game. If they are good enough, they will win. Just feed Williams.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not a Trap game if you need to win out. Beat the Brownies get Rodgers back for the Panthers and run the damn Table again. Hopefully Hundley isnt T-R-A-S-H again. 88 yard passing against a weak D isnt good.
Hundley has never stopped being trash.... I was amazed at how many people were happy with his performance against the Steelers. Yes he made some plays.... he also showed how little pocket presence he has taking sack after sack.

Reaction score

First of all most fans don’t watch the Packers that closely and I definitely don’t think most NFL fans are betting on the Cleveland Browns.
I absolutely agree it was frustrating watching our Offense fail repeatedly today, but I think the real GBP are somewhere between the Steelers game and the Bucs game in average level of play. The Browns would lose to the Bucs 3 out 4 times if they played today. While there are no gimmes in this league, this should be a Win even for the Brett Hundley led Packers.

H

HardRightEdge

6-6 teams don't play trap games.

Even on the road against a team on a 4 - 45 run.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Agreed that it's definitely not a trap game. We're not good enough for that.

More like a we better win to avoid ultimate shame and embarrassment game.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all most fans don’t watch the Packers that closely and I definitely don’t think most NFL fans are betting on the Cleveland Browns.
I absolutely agree it was frustrating watching our Offense fail repeatedly today, but I think the real GBP are somewhere between the Steelers game and the Bucs game in average level of play. The Browns would lose to the Bucs 3 out 4 times if they played today. While there are no gimmes in this league, this should be a Win even for the Brett Hundley led Packers.

I know that 'not that bad' is all relative when you're talking about a 0-12 team, but the Browns came within a FG of beating the Steelers, Colts, Titans and Jets. Before today they had been in every single game in the 4th quarter trailing by 1 score or less dating all the way back to October 15th against the Titans.

If the team has any notions whatsoever that 0-12 is a gimmee we'll leave Cleveland incredibly disappointed.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants and 49ers only have 2 wins each. The Browns haven't locked up the 1st pick yet. They don't want to win this game anyway. Packers 30 Browns 14

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley has never stopped being trash.... I was amazed at how many people were happy with his performance against the Steelers. Yes he made some plays.... he also showed how little pocket presence he has taking sack after sack.

Sack after sack? He was only sacked 4 times. The NFL average is 3.1. I hardly think that qualifies as "sack after sack." That would be more like the Bucs today.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sack after sack? He was only sacked 4 times. The NFL average is 3.1. I hardly think that qualifies as "sack after sack." That would be more like the Bucs today.
lol context matters.... he took two in a row while they were in very makeable field goal range pushing them back to the point where they attempted the ill advised 57 yarder. 3 points at that point would have given the Pack a 10 point lead. Go ahead and keep defending him if you want... I don't care... However, if you have access to the Fox post game after the Bucs game, watch Howie Long almost choke when he was asked if the Pack should stick with Hundley if he manages to keep them in contention until Aaron is ready. Funniest reaction I've ever seen.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants and 49ers only have 2 wins each. The Browns haven't locked up the 1st pick yet. They don't want to win this game anyway. Packers 30 Browns 14

I absolutely guarantee that every single player in the Browns locker room with an ounce of competitive fire wants to win this game. Not a single one is thinking it would be better to lose so they don't risk slipping out of the #1 pick.

0-12 is embarrassing. No one wants to be remembered for playing on an 0-16 team. They'll want to win and they've probably circled this one on the calendar as one they could possibly steal.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol context matters.... he took two in a row while they were in very makeable field goal range pushing them back to the point where they attempted the ill advised 57 yarder
That was last week. Looked to me like you were talking about today.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely guarantee that every single player in the Browns locker room with an ounce of competitive fire wants to win this game.

And exactly how much competitive fire have you seen from them? I've seen them play twice and aside from maybe a dozen guys the rest of the team really look like a team that has already mailed it in.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And exactly how much competitive fire have you seen from them? I've seen them play twice and aside from maybe a dozen guys the rest of the team really look like a team that has already mailed it in.

And what are you drawing that conclusion from? Because they haven't looked good? Of course they haven't, because they're not very good, and Kizer isn't very good. Doesn't mean they are not trying, and I think the fact that they've been generally competitive in most games certainly points to that .

This article states pretty much the opposite of what you are saying.

http://es.pn/2ngfzZx

Members online

Latest posts