Wk 14 Packers @ Browns - Beware The Trap Game

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely did not expect this game to be anything but close either way. We’ve got a Rook that pulled out another OT Win with another clutch throw that was pure money.
I don’t care about winning big I still enjoy a hard fought battle and the Browns might be defeated on paper but they shouldn’t be 0-13 IMO. They could just as easily be 1-12 :whistling:
The Lord help us in NC
BH is not a rookie, is that who you are referring to? I honestly don't expect him to be employed after this season, he stinks.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Anyone who looks at this game as a "big win" or says "a win is a win" and doesn't see "the big problems" in going down 21-7 and beating a team in overtime that has won 1 game out of its last....32.

We all know the problems with the team. We are just enjoying the win.

My goodness people like to rain on others' parade.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We all know the problems with the team. We are just enjoying the win.

My goodness people like to rain on others' parade.

Like I said in a previous post, I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer, but pointing out the obvious. Sure it was a "fun" win the way they came back and won in overtime, but the reality of it, it was a very ugly win against a very bad team. One play goes a different way in that game and the Packers lose, the tone here would be 10 fold as bad.....simply because an L instead of a W was put next to the Packers name in the box score.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
BH is not a rookie, is that who you are referring to? I honestly don't expect him to be employed after this season, he stinks.
Have you actually compared his 8 game stats vs other backups and some starters in the league? He is by far better than Goff was last year. That will not be overlooked by any team needing a backup. He may end up just a journeyman but WTF he was a 5th round pick. Those guys are typically happy to last beyond a rookie contract.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Like I said in a previous post, I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer, but pointing out the obvious. Sure it was a "fun" win the way they came back and won in overtime, but the reality of it, it was a very ugly win against a very bad team. One play goes a different way in that game and the Packers lose, the tone here would be 10 fold as bad.....simply because an L instead of a W was put next to the Packers name in the box score.
Two overtime wins in a row in dramatic fashion. The young Hundley looks bad for most of the game but somehow pulls out some elite level magic late in games to pull them out? And now Superman gets to return for the last three games, with most of the tie breakers in the Packers favor? You couldn't ask for better theater.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two overtime wins in a row in dramatic fashion. The young Hundley looks bad for most of the game but somehow pulls out some elite level magic late in games to pull them out? And now Superman gets to return for the last three games, with most of the tie breakers in the Packers favor? You couldn't ask for better theater.
Perhaps... but even after winning out (certainly not an easy task)... those tiebreakers only count if we are indeed..... tied. We are currently behind all of those teams.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Had those 2 OT games been against team like Philly or Carolina, I would be more upbeat right now. Sure a W is a W, but I don't even think the Great AR, rust and all, is going to be a big enough game changer to compete with the big boys.

Reaction score
Had those 2 OT games been against team like Philly or Carolina, I would be more upbeat right now. Sure a W is a W, but I don't even think the Great AR, rust and all, is going to be a big enough game changer to compete with the big boys.
It’s the same old story. The Offense with Aaron Rodgers can win enough, but our Defense is suspect. Forget Hundley, I love the kid but he’s not good enough to beat these 3 teams in a row, I think we all understand that would be an anomaly of sorts. I think the odds are against Aaron doing it right now, but certainly he would give us a much better chance.
At the same time. I do believe that a young Defense can improve more than an average Defense would over the course of 17 weeks.
Will that be enough though? Probably not is my guess. I’m not sure that Dom has a good enough pass rush to mitigate the damages a higher powered Offensive unit will do to this ragtag secondary.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m not sure that Dom has a good enough pass rush to mitigate the damages a higher powered Offensive unit will do to this ragtag secondary.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. As much as we all **** and moan about the secondary and they definitely have their issues, we will never have a good defense until we can figure out a pass rush. Look what happened in OT when Matthews finally got to Kizer. As many have pointed out, had Matthews not gotten there, he had a few guys open, that game may have ended a lot different.

So is Capers scheme at fault or the talent TT is giving him? Personally, I think it's a bit of both. Fresh defensive thoughts are needed in my opinion and that may also extend to the guy who is drafting players.

Reaction score
So is Capers scheme at fault or the talent TT is giving him? Personally, I think it's a bit of both. Fresh defensive thoughts are needed in my opinion and that may also extend to the guy who is drafting players.
I believe that statement is correct. Whatever we’re doing isn’t working. On many levels. I know I personally have a lot of respect for what both have accomplished. But that respect doesn’t win football games and that’s why they are hired. I believe they themselves would agree. I also believe we have given them ample opportunities to “Right the ship” before it hits another iceberg. We’ve been scraping this iceberg for too long and the ships in perilous danger it’s time to steer away and regroup and assess our damages.
I’m confident with the right personnel group we could be a dominant force by 2019. That leaves AR about 3-5 years to tear up the competition with a Defense that can propel him rather than be a detriment.
Just imagine for a second what a top 10 Defense would do for this QB or Imagine having a D like Jacksonville with Aaron slinging passes.
We’re all way undercutting ourselves with our appreciation for playoff level ball. We need to set our sights high and quit fighting over the scraps of Wildcards football team. We’re better than that we’re the GBP.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We’ve been scraping this iceberg for too long and the ships in perilous danger it’s time to steer away and regroup and assess our damages.
I think it has become very apparent that the only person keeping that ship fully afloat has been Captain Rodgers. For without him, I firmly believe Skipper Ted and Gilligan Capers would have been swimming for shore years ago.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will that be enough though? Probably not is my guess. I’m not sure that Dom has a good enough pass rush to mitigate the damages a higher powered Offensive unit will do to this ragtag secondary.

With King out and House the walking wounded I don't like our chances at all. Although I would love to see Rodgers play again. Even giving the whole team a boost, unless the backups can do something special, I doubt seriously we could go all the way. Wish I were wrong.

Reaction score
Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts