With the 23rd pick the Packers select...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Best in round 2 is a home run. If that happens, this draft gets an A from me no matter who (within reason, like no Tebow in round 1 or something) TT takes in the rest of the rounds.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a huge Jahvid Best fan but after that injury, he scares me a little. He said in an interview that he was still nervous about getting another concussion, and that he has a muscle that goes down his back that still bothers him (tried to find that article, I read it on Profootbaltalk.com but couldnt find it just now) but it was a good read, but made me feel skeptical on him

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a huge Jahvid Best fan but after that injury, he scares me a little. He said in an interview that he was still nervous about getting another concussion, and that he has a muscle that goes down his back that still bothers him (tried to find that article, I read it on Profootbaltalk.com but couldnt find it just now) but it was a good read, but made me feel skeptical on him

His injuries are enough to scare a team away until the 4th round. However many are suggesting the Lions will take him with their pick in Round 2 no matter what. I don't know if we even have a chance at taking him anymore.

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing the TT/Packer philosophy, I don't know why I get so caught up in all the mock drafts, but I do. I've seen a couple that have us trading up, and none that I've come across have us trading down. Here is a list of names I have seen mentioned at #23 in no particular order:
DL/LB:
  1. Sergio Kindle
  2. Jerry Hughes
  3. Carlos Dunlop
  4. Derrick Morgan
  5. Everson Griffin
  6. Brandon Graham
  7. Sean Witherspoon
DB/S:
  1. Devin McCourty
  2. Taylor Mays
  3. Kyle Wilson
  4. Joe Haden
  5. Kareem Jackson
  6. Patrick Robinson
  7. Chad Jones
OL:
  1. Trent Williams (also mentioned in trade up scenario)
  2. Bryan Bulaga
  3. Bruce Campbell
  4. Maurkice Pouncey
  5. Charles Brown
  6. Anthony Davis
  7. Mike Iupati
  8. Rodger Saffold
RB:
  1. C.J. Spiller (also mentioned in trade up scenario)
  2. Ryan Mathews
  3. Jahvid Best
That's 25 players, and I'm sure there other mocks out there that probably have a few other names in the mix as well. Of these, there are only a handful, I would not like to see us use the pick for. Obviously a number of them won't make it to 23, but looking at the list, I would venture to guess around half of them will be on the board. Then you throw in the players none of them or us are even considering that we all know TT has on the radar, and it makes for a long Thursday night, and even longer Friday at work nursing the inevitable "awesome pick", "great trade", "stupid trade", or "what the duece was he thinking" hangover.

Reaction score
I have apparently become obsessed with us drafting a pass rushing OLB in the first. I appear to really favor Brandon Graham. The more I hear, the more I watch and the more think about him I seem to get a little more obsessed. I know we need a LT but will there be one @ 23 for us? I don't know. Will Graham be there? Maybe not (Mel Kiper has been pimpin him pretty hard lately). But if he is I really want him. Am I the only one in the boat?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have apparently become obsessed with us drafting a pass rushing OLB in the first. I appear to really favor Brandon Graham. The more I hear, the more I watch and the more think about him I seem to get a little more obsessed. I know we need a LT but will there be one @ 23 for us? I don't know. Will Graham be there? Maybe not (Mel Kiper has been pimpin him pretty hard lately). But if he is I really want him. Am I the only one in the boat?
No you are not........Brandon Graham is a damn good football player and I would be more than happy if the Pack could land him

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I read and the more smoke signals I see the more I think that TT is not as oblivious as we make him to be. I am starting to think that we will end up picking an OL for our first pick but who really knows?? I am not 100% convinced It just makes too much sense that he will do everything within his power to trade back a bit and try to gain more picks in the first three rounds. These smoke signals have my head spinning. Is the draft over yet??

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only question is can he play standing up? He didn't do it in college.

I absolutely love him, he's a tremenduous football player, can completely take over a game.

But, to me, Huges is the best 3-4 OLB...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only question is can he play standing up? He didn't do it in college.
But, to me, Huges is the best 3-4 OLB...
If we don't get a O-Tackle in the 1st round........Hughes is the guy I want us to pick also. Hey PackersRS........would ya hate it if we got Kindle?

IllinoisPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a word... No. There are two criteria that is taken in consideration 1st is need and the other is best available. Dez does not fit either. WR is not a need. We should either take a OT or OLB or even CB. There is a rumor out there that TT might even trade their 23rd for the opporunity to move up.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how much College Football you guys actually watch, but I can tell you this Dez Bryant in the right system (GB) would really be a beast. He is already better then Nelson, Jones, etc.
WR isn't a need position, but I saw this guy completely take over games in College where everyone on the field knew he was going to be targeted and still could stop him. Getting 200 plus yds receiving many times where Crabtree played in a system that helped him out in Texas Tech. I'm not saying it's a need but if he fell to no. 23 then hands down he should be the pick.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with his problems, no way Dez Bryant falls to us at 23, and if he does, we will be getting calls for him... I think people learned a lot from the Randy Moss episode...

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about Arrelious Benn, he will most likely be there. WR obviously not a big need but I see a lot similarities between him and Bryant.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about Arrelious Benn, he will most likely be there. WR obviously not a big need but I see a lot similarities between him and Bryant.

I'd say.. if he falls to us in the 2nd round then maybe.. I also think we should trade up... in the second round.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how much College Football you guys actually watch, but I can tell you this Dez Bryant in the right system (GB) would really be a beast. He is already better then Nelson, Jones, etc.
WR isn't a need position, but I saw this guy completely take over games in College where everyone on the field knew he was going to be targeted and still could stop him. Getting 200 plus yds receiving many times where Crabtree played in a system that helped him out in Texas Tech. I'm not saying it's a need but if he fell to no. 23 then hands down he should be the pick.

No matter how much of a BEAST he may be, what are you gonna do, you aren't going to make him your #1 and **** off Jennings (who deserves to be our #1), and you aren't going to push Donald Driver out of the starting lineup because he is such a respected member of our team. So AT BEST he is going to be our third wide-receiver? I just don't see that as being a big enough need at this point to pick him, and if he is there at 23 I saw we trade back and accumulate some picks so we can better build our team, PLUS we can take someone like Arrellious Bend, who has drawn comparisons to Anquan Boldin, somewhere in the 2nd round, and still get some other players at our other holes.

We just have to many needs right now to take some luxury pick at 23. We need a difference maker RIGHT now to get over the hump and get to the superbowl, and I don't think that will come on offense unless its an O-linemen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You sound like me last year screaming about crabtree

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the first day is over..........lets move up and get Kindle in the 2nd round!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts