1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Williams > Bush

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by abztractmynd, Nov 30, 2007.

1. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see no one has even mentioned how poorly Jarrett Bush has been playing as the nickel back, but to see him starting opposite Harris in some scenarios last night was plain retarded. He has really been playing horrible and is a very sub par nickel back.

Why is Tramont Williams not starting over Bush? I understand he is a good special teams player...but there is only 1 Devin Hester. Williams does show competency in pass coverage and is a able playmaker. This better go noticed with the coaching staff...or slot WR's will burn us the rest of the year.

2. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he is the nickle back now. Bush was pulled last night and Tramone took his place, I believe.

3. kewlbeans

kewlbeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In Detroit Williams CLEARLY outplayed Bush. He should have been elevated above Bush after that game. I'm sick of Bush, give someone else , anyone else a chance.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    another thread on how bad Bush is??I said this after the Washington game and seemed like people thought I was seeing things

5. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe DHPacker or someone stated it long long ago.

6. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i can guarantee that tramon williams is our new nickel back after last night

7. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I hope so. We severely lack depth there

8. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    in my opinion, i think Harris and Williams should be on the outside when in nickel coverage while woodson moves inside depending on who is on the inside. The Cowboys offensive gameplan was based on exploiting the nickel position with Owens. Do i think this move will be made? doubt it.

9. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    ....................................................................................................................................

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush has had his ups and downs this season. After a few rough games near the middle of the season, he had been playing better. Then he was bad again on Thursday.

I will have to trust the coaches on this one. I think the reason most of us like Tramon Williams better is that he hasn't played nearly as much as Bush, thus he hasn't made nearly as many mistakes. He could lose his shine pretty quickly if he takes over as the nickel, not to mention if he was put into the starting lineup, as Bush was on Thursday.

Early in the year, I was hoping Will Blackmon would be the nickel, as he has shown some big play potential as a return man (so has Williams). We need more depth at the CB position, plain and simple. But then, so does almost every team in the league. Quality CB's are extremely hard to find.

11. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woodson plays the slot when in our nickel package, so we already do that.