Will Thompson grab any Seattle Players?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ya think, guys....? Ol' Teddy gonna swipe a few from Mikey?
They have (what) 16 guys who could be available.. including Alexander....(?)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
What ya think, guys....? Ol' Teddy gonna swipe a few from Mikey?
They have (what) 16 guys who could be available.. including Alexander....(?)

Honestly? I think that our cap situation being what it is, he won't be able to make a serious run at ANY F.A.'s until some seriously tough decisions are made on "the business end" of the operation. Alexander is going to be able to demand some serious coin ...

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree with that assessment - earlier in the creation of this site - we had hammered some chatter about who would be best to chop away at....

You got a preferred list? Put it up here.....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My list wouldn't be any different than EVERYONE's list.

Sharper HAS to be a casualty ... he'll be an $8.6 million hit and I think we can all agree that Darren firmly believes that he's worth every dollar of it. There may be other factors at play when considering whether or not Sharper is "the leader" of this defense that even, say, LeRoy was after Reggie quit ... but, if he is...we're hurting. Sharper, in my opinion, talks like LeRoy but plays like Sharper.

Wahle is going to command a huge contract (ala Adam Timmerman a few years back), and with a projected cap figure of $11M...has to renegotiate or be gone. It's too bad too because were it not for the Packers and their willingness to develop him slowly, Wahle probably would be driving a milk truck somewhere.

Next up...Ahman Green... $5.6 million cap figure for 2005. Has some health issues... toss up here ... trade him for a functional Safety and a first rounder then, trade the first rounder for a functional DE??? Could go either way... Davenport can't stay healthy either...

Carrying Johnson and Reynolds dead money to the tune of $4.5M doesn't help. Guess we could classify Cletidius as "dead money" also....

We're in a bad situtation ...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Kris Richard CB RFA
Rocky Bernard DT RFA
Terreal Bierria FS RFA
Ryan Hannam TE RFA
Matt Hasselbeck QB UFA
Shaun Alexander RB UFA
Walter Jones OT UFA
Chike Okeafor DE UFA
Brandon Mitchell DE UFA
Chris Gray OG UFA
Floyd Womack OT UFA
Orlando Huff LB UFA
Alex Bannister WR UFA
Heath Evans FB UFA
Tom Rouen P UFA
Robbie Tobeck C UFA
Ken Lucas CB UFA
Brock Huard QB UFA
Itula Mili TE UFA

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd focus on DE's and DB's - cut loose some bad stock and run with it...
We don't need to bring back Hasselbeck... He's a good fit over there now.
That's his place to be famous.

Chike Okeafor DE UFA

....is the first one that stands out for me... I'll do more reading tho'

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
From what I hear of Seattle is they are a heartless team when it matters, I don't think we need them.

Use the Draft.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Thompson was in on the Reggie White signing - I'd say he'll be out there looking for another Leader in the Locker Room - build cohesiveness within the family confines of the Team itself.. give them someone to step up and say what needs to be said "when" it needs to be said.... right now, we have n one doing that - it should be Sharper, but he must hate giving speeches (stage fright), or else we'd have seen it by now.

Reggie White being the anchor for the rest of the Team was what got us where we needed to be! Not sure if you're right about the 'hawks... haven't read all that much... but maybe some of those guys over there are just 'out of place' - I'm itchin' to get started with the rebuilding...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's ESPN, CNSSI, FOXSPORTS and other online sites that say the same thing about the hawks lacking heart and desire to win as the season transpires.

One thing I heard I can not recall its accuracy though is Grant Winstrom took a pay cut or said he should take one for his low quality play.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
right now, we have no one doing that - it should be Sharper, but he must hate giving speeches (stage fright), or else we'd have seen it by now.

I think the only time Sharper likes giving speeches is if there is a microphone in front of him.

Madfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is far fetched. So pardon my dreaming.

Here are the ingredients.

1. Green is unhappy with his contract and expects a big extension. He probably won't earn his keep in the last half of the extended contract. Davenport, running too high and all, may have a better upside and would cost less.

2. Better to trade a year too early than a year too late.

3. Alexander is a free agent and there are rumors about going to Miami. The Seahawks have their franchise tag tied to Walter Jones. Hasselbeck is also a free agent.

So, trade Green to Seattle (or Miami) for a second round draft pick and second day draft pick. I doubt they give up a first.

What makes this unlikely with Seattle and what makes it possible with Green Bay is that there are an abundance of RBers in the draft. You can pick up a good one in the second or third round.

P. S. Will somebody give us a pick for Hunt!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
weeds said:
Sharper HAS to be a casualty ... he'll be an $8.6 million hit and I think we can all agree that Darren firmly believes that he's worth every dollar of it. There may be other factors at play when considering whether or not Sharper is "the leader" of this defense that even, say, LeRoy was after Reggie quit ... but, if he is...we're hurting. Sharper, in my opinion, talks like LeRoy but plays like Sharper.

I totally agree. Sharper's play has declined the last 2 years. He has to restructure or become a cap casualty. That $8.6 million can be well spent elsewhere.

When Butler's physical ability declined, he was still a heady player. Sharper has never been that in my opinion. Sharper relied more on physical ability when he was at his ProBowl level than smart play in my opinion, and his physical ability is declining.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Sharper has to restructure but no matter the cap hit I don't know if I can see them cutting him I mean we have no body back there
I agree Sharper may not be what he once was but he is is a hell of a lot better than anyone else we have back there. The cap might just have to take the hit.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

Latest posts