Will the Broncos trade Von Miller?

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok, just a suggestion. How about Green Bay's 11th, 32nd, and 44th to Denver for their 10th and Von Miller? I personally wouldn't do it. Yet, there is a lot of people clamoring for it.

The most important thing is that the Broncos don't seem to have any interest in trading Miller.

If we are throwing out hypotheticals I would do it for their 10 and our 44... Not the 32nd... He's on his back half and if we can get him for 3 heard with a 4 option last year say 15-16 mil... Hey why not get the defense beefed up and play fast

Miller is signed through 2021, meaning a team trading for him would have him under contract for another three years at $53.5 million.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miller is (and should be) out of the question for the Packers, however a FA I am interested in is his teammate Shaquil Barrett. His production dipped after Chubb slid ahead of him in the pecking order, but he is still young, has been consistent an wouldnt cost a fortune. If we were to sign both him and Smith (Za'darius or Preston) for about 12m a year, I'd be pretty excited.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miller is (and should be) out of the question for the Packers, however a FA I am interested in is his teammate Shaquil Barrett. His production dipped after Chubb slid ahead of him in the pecking order, but he is still young, has been consistent an wouldnt cost a fortune. If we were to sign both him and Smith (Za'darius or Preston) for about 12m a year, I'd be pretty excited.

If Miller is available there is no way that he is off the table for the Packers. I gurantee gute would have interest in adding a future hall of famer

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Miller is available there is no way that he is off the table for the Packers. I gurantee gute would have interest in adding a future hall of famer
Of course he would be interested. Yet paying a hefty trade price while also swallowing up pretty much all of our available cap space in the process is not something I would advocate doing with so many more positional groups in the need of reinforcements.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would absolutely be in favor of the Packers pursuing Barrett this offseason. Preston Smith might be a decent pickup as well, don't like the idea of bringing in Za'darius Smith though.

There's no reason to believe the Broncos are interested in trading Miller though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he would be interested. Yet paying a hefty trade price while also swallowing up pretty much all of our available cap space in the process is not something I would advocate doing with so many more positional groups in the need of reinforcements.

I'm not sure what picks I'd give up for him definitely the saints pick. But his contract doesn't seem prohibitive from a salary cap stand point as far as elite edge rushers go. And no matter who you ask this dude is top 5. So at 3 years 52 million he's a steal I'd say with the way contracts are going only more so everyday. His base is 17 m in 2019 which is what the Packers would be responsible for if they traded for him. That wouldn't exactly eat up all of 40/50 million. It's a big price to pay surely but one you'd have to seriously consider because you don't get a chance to add a fuy like that very often (Reggie White).
Anyways that leads me to reality the broncos have to eat 28.5 million in dead money if they trade him this year however if they just wait til next off season they only have to eat about 12 million. I guess the flip side if waiting is you won't get the draft picks you'd get this year for him next year. He'll be a year older and worth a little less but still a first round pick so I think elway waits til next off season to deal Miller. And at that point I hope the Packers get him

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently he is on the trade block and it seems the 30th pick could be enough to land him according to that ESPN article. I think that's another brainer and I'd rather trade the 30th pick for Miller at 3 years 52 million than brown 3 years 39 million.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side bar if accepted to vere off for one moment.. The Broncos should trade for Stafford and give Lions some picks Detroit needs to move on and maybe just get a Quarterback that can do more than just sidearm he way to 8 wins a season... Sorry off topic... But I still think Pack could realistically get Miller if price is right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently he is on the trade block and it seems the 30th pick could be enough to land him according to that ESPN article. I think that's another brainer and I'd rather trade the 30th pick for Miller at 3 years 52 million than brown 3 years 39 million.
Link to said article.?

Members online

Latest posts