Will our defense get better?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I hope it does and I think it will. We have the talent to be one of the better defenses in the league, but we're rather undisciplined and lazy because of how good our offense is.

We don't follow through on tackles and our DB's take too many chances looking for turnovers rather than covering receivers and we get burnt a lot.

So yeah, we can be a great defense, just seems like we're choosing not to be. But that can be fixed.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...So yeah, we can be a great defense, just seems like we're choosing not to be. But that can be fixed.

Why isn't it being fixed, though? It seems like this problem was fixed during the Vikings MNF game when we held Ponder to < 150 yards and AP to 51 yards, but then we couldn't stop an anemic TB defense in our house. Did we take TB too lightly?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Why isn't it being fixed, though? It seems like this problem was fixed during the Vikings MNF game when we held Ponder to < 150 yards and AP to 51 yards, but then we couldn't stop an anemic TB defense in our house. Did we take TB too lightly?

I think we possibly took them lightly either that or maybe they figured since we have to play on a short week @Detroit and Rodgers can gets us out of jams with how lights out he's been, they probably took it easy and didn't play their best.

Either way, they better be ready to go tomorrow or we're in trouble

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we our cover guys go for the big plays too often, gambling on interception attempts and trying to bait the QB to throw. They let the play get in front of them and then they're burned. And we try to knock ball carriers down instead of tackling them. Easily correctable. I feel like they should've corrected it by now. They haven't. I dunno what's going to happen.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a defense?
Really!?
I hadn't noticed.
All those interceptions, I always thought those were throws by Rodgers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
get better? doubtful. Scary to think about how we have been, for the most part, healthy and we are still struggling.

Good news is defense can be fixed in an off season while a great offense takes years to build.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can absolutely get better as towards the end of the season and as the playoffs approach. Anyone who has played a sport on any level understands that chemistry can take a while and who are we to say how long that is going to take. I think its more likely we get better over the last 6 weeks of the season and playoffs then get worse, we are still relatively unhealthy: couple of injuries to our linebackers including clay being banged up all year, losing nick collins for the year is a big big deal, mike neal. Our defense will get better and we are lucky to have such talent on that side of the ball despite how they are playing because a defense absolutely CANNOT be fixed in an off season, just ask the eagles.

Members online

Latest posts