1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Will our defense get better?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BearDroppings, Nov 23, 2011.

1. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Come playoff time will we step it up?? Can we pull together and own the opposition?

2. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    theres already a thread on this.

mods, go ahead and do your work....

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    sigh.......

I give up

• Like Like x 1
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I hope it does and I think it will. We have the talent to be one of the better defenses in the league, but we're rather undisciplined and lazy because of how good our offense is.

We don't follow through on tackles and our DB's take too many chances looking for turnovers rather than covering receivers and we get burnt a lot.

So yeah, we can be a great defense, just seems like we're choosing not to be. But that can be fixed.

5. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Why isn't it being fixed, though? It seems like this problem was fixed during the Vikings MNF game when we held Ponder to < 150 yards and AP to 51 yards, but then we couldn't stop an anemic TB defense in our house. Did we take TB too lightly?

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I think we possibly took them lightly either that or maybe they figured since we have to play on a short week @Detroit and Rodgers can gets us out of jams with how lights out he's been, they probably took it easy and didn't play their best.

Either way, they better be ready to go tomorrow or we're in trouble

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I think we our cover guys go for the big plays too often, gambling on interception attempts and trying to bait the QB to throw. They let the play get in front of them and then they're burned. And we try to knock ball carriers down instead of tackling them. Easily correctable. I feel like they should've corrected it by now. They haven't. I dunno what's going to happen.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    We have a defense?
    Really!?
    I hadn't noticed.
    All those interceptions, I always thought those were throws by Rodgers.

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    There must be a condition known as Temporary Illiteracy.
    Who knew?

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,039
    get better? doubtful. Scary to think about how we have been, for the most part, healthy and we are still struggling.

Good news is defense can be fixed in an off season while a great offense takes years to build.

11. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +482
    How about two or three picks tomorrow.

12. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    We can absolutely get better as towards the end of the season and as the playoffs approach. Anyone who has played a sport on any level understands that chemistry can take a while and who are we to say how long that is going to take. I think its more likely we get better over the last 6 weeks of the season and playoffs then get worse, we are still relatively unhealthy: couple of injuries to our linebackers including clay being banged up all year, losing nick collins for the year is a big big deal, mike neal. Our defense will get better and we are lucky to have such talent on that side of the ball despite how they are playing because a defense absolutely CANNOT be fixed in an off season, just ask the eagles.

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Yes

• Like Like x 1