Will Bubba return

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I'm torn on whether or not I think Bubba will/should be back. I guess a lot of it depends on what his price tag will be. I still think he is one of the top all around tight ends in the game because of his red zone ability and his blocking. But whith the Packers other needs, is it financially reasonable to bring him back. Another thing to look at is the fact that neither Martin or Steele in my opinion could handle the starting role. What do you guys think?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I predict no. I've read too much on how high the pack is on that McHugh guy and considering how little used the TE is in the offense, i jus dont see them chasing out on him.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I'd love to have Bubba back next year, I'm afraid he's as good as gone. The FA pickings for Tight Ends is very thin and somebody out there is going to ante up the bucks for him. Just curious, Slick. If the Packers are so high on McHugh, how come they didn't bring him in instead of Steele?

Speaking of Tight Ends, I saw were the Eagles have signed Jeff Thomason to play in the Super Bowl since their TE got hurt in the NFCC game. Thomason hasn't played a down in two years. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
Just curious, Slick. If the Packers are so high on McHugh, how come they didn't bring him in instead of Steele?

I didn't write the articles, I have no idea who the guy even is or if I even got his name right. Your guess is as good as mine bro.

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the price is extremely cap friendly Bubba might be back. I doubt we will see him back though. Look for Mchugh and Steele to compete.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stuffin said:
If the price is extremely cap friendly Bubba might be back. I doubt we will see him back though. Look for Mchugh and Steele to compete.
I'd second that thought, as well.

Steele ( I've read) was brought in because of the speed factor, whereas the other TE plays more like Bubba. Steele reminds me of Mark Chmura. He just needs a few extra pounds (15, tops) and time to start running routes with Favre doing those old Sherm Lewis TE plays we always had.... Back in the day - TE's were used by the Packers because of Chewey's mobility factor.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chewey... the crazy catch he had in the back of the EZ against the Bronco's in the Super Bowl... Too bad he had that young girl thing going on in his head...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah - ah - ah Now, let's don't be hasty with the cops and all....

Remember, Chewey was innocent. He may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
BUT - the girl came out and admitted SHE LIED!

Mark only had a couple more years left and he would have been done anyway.

Bettie_Page

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Steele was brought in only because he has a little more NFL exp. than Sean McHugh. Given another training camp McHugh should pan out better because of his size. Another TE to watch is Sparky Hamilton who will be playing in NFLE this year. He looked great in Arena Football League and the National Indoor Football League.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the Packers did not use Franks right.Even the OC said so after the season.He will go to another team and have even better seasons than he had with the Packers. :Evil:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
Speaking of Tight Ends, I saw were the Eagles have signed Jeff Thomason to play in the Super Bowl since their TE got hurt in the NFCC game. Thomason hasn't played a down in two years. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I heard that on the radio and was surprised. They were saying he had to put in for some vacation time at where he's currently working so he could join the Eagles and play in the Super Bowl.

Kind of odd having a part-time job as a TE in the NFL.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of torn on Franks. I'd hate to see him go because we don't have much to replace him with, but I don't want to pay ProBowl type of money for a good player who is reliable but not a huge playmaker. When we first signed Luchey I thought they might play him at TE a little in addition to FB. But they haven't. I guess he must not be a good fit there.

Steele seems to get open at times, but rarely hangs onto the ball.

I have read how the Packers are high on McHugh, but that's still a big unknown.

Martin can't stay healthy or play consistant.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the TE spot. I agree with those who posted about Chmura's catch. That was an amazing catch, and a key one in that long scoring drive before the half. I still can't believe we lost that game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
monkeyracer43 said:
I wouldn' be surprised if one of the two 2nd round picks is a TE this year.

I agree, that is why I think Bubba will be gone. I think the cost of a 2nd'er vs Bubba if the difference is large enough Bubba might be gobba.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
heard that on the radio and was surprised. They were saying he had to put in for some vacation time at where he's currently working so he could join the Eagles and play in the Super Bowl.
I heard him say he will make more money during his vacation, then he is going to for the whole year. Wow wouldn't that be sweet.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

Latest posts