Why the *Bleep* are the *Bleepin* Giants fans still here?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. If mediocre is by definition "less than average", then it isn't accurate to say.
The top tier QBs right now are:
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Peyton (when healthy)

Then everyone else. Eli is a second tier QB.

Hell I consider Smitty to be a third tier QB having a very very good year.

I think you probably needed to lookup the word mediocre before you used it. I don't really get into tiers or rankings but it's almost impossible to argue that those 4 you named have separated themselves from the rest of the pack in the eyes of fans, analysts, and their fellow players.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you probably needed to lookup the word mediocre before you used it. I don't really get into tiers or rankings but it's almost impossible to argue that those 4 you named have separated themselves from the rest of the pack in the eyes of fans, analysts, and their fellow players.
Poor choice of words. My bad.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the funny thing is eli manning missed practice today because of a stomach bug. You think ANY...and I mean ANY great QB in NFL history would ever, ever, ever miss a practice before a playoff game for a damn stomach bug? Lombardi is rolling in his grave

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the funny thing is eli manning missed practice today because of a stomach bug. You think ANY...and I mean ANY great QB in NFL history would ever, ever, ever miss a practice before a playoff game for a damn stomach bug? Lombardi is rolling in his grave

Wow.

Poor Eli :cry: Maybe his O-line will find him his blankey so he can rest up before the big game?

Big Ben has set the standard for toughness in a regular season game.

This is the NFCCG!

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

today was the first practice he missed in 8 years. Do you people really believe the crap you write? lol

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.

Poor Eli :cry: Maybe his O-line will find him his blankey so he can rest up before the big game?

Big Ben has set the standard for toughness in a regular season game.

This is the NFCCG!

Eli is mediocre....YOU ROOT FOR TWO FOOTBALL TEAMS!!! You don't even live in the state either team calls home. Your opinion couldn't be worth any less if you tried. Good thing you don't root for 3 football teams, or else you couldn't carve up that nifty message board signature in halves. What a crock. lol

Rnoeblbsyon16

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How bout we wait till the end of both Eli and Aaron's careers and compare?! My guess is Rodgers list of accomplishments will be MUCH greater than Eli's.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Well Brady missed practice because of a sore shoulder.

Vince must be spinning!

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is mediocre....YOU ROOT FOR TWO FOOTBALL TEAMS!!! You don't even live in the state either team calls home. Your opinion couldn't be worth any less if you tried. Good thing you don't root for 3 football teams, or else you couldn't carve up that nifty message board signature in halves. What a crock. lol
You mad, bro?
LMAO :roflmao:

By the way, if any of you Packer fans would like a "nifty message board signature" let me know. I'd be happy to put something together for ya.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats wrong with liking a team that is not your home?? If anything majority of people who like teams because they are from the same state are the real bandwagons, For instance you would be suprized at how many Cowboy fans I know have NEVER..NEVER been to a Cowboys training camp. Ive been twice, and I hate the damn Cowboys, All I know is if the Packers had their training camp in my city, hell and high water would not stop me from going.

And there is nothing wrong with liking 2 teams, he might have a reason he likes 2 teams. I think most people have a 2nd fav. team yet they don't call it that. I like the Saint, and I'll root for them If Greenbay loses. Plus Ive always liked Brees even when he was with the Chargers. Ill bet you have a 2nd fav. team as well.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think his wording was the problem, Mediocre put Eli in a category he did'nt deserve. The whole bad Stomach sounds a little wussy though, but maybe its worse than we think. Ive had a "Stomach sickness" once, it was no joke the stomach is pretty sensitive man. The guy is an NFL QB but can still be brought to his knees by a painful stomach sickness.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Rumor lately in Indy is that Peyton may end up retiring when all is said and done. I don't know what will happen to him. Nobody really does yet but thing are getting different with all the coaches fired (more today) and the new GM.

But, with Peyton's future being in doubt I still think it would be highly ironic if Eli wins it all in the house Peyton built with his success over his career. Peyton said years ago his prediction was that Eli would win multiple SB rings. Can't find the quote but he said it.

Like almost a passing of the torch from big brother to little brother in big brother's stadium.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I think his wording was the problem, Mediocre put Eli in a category he did'nt deserve. The whole bad Stomach sounds a little wussy though, but maybe its worse than we think. Ive had a "Stomach sickness" once, it was no joke the stomach is pretty sensitive man. The guy is an NFL QB but can still be brought to his knees by a painful stomach sickness.

The Manning's are tough boys. A stomach bug won't hold Eli out long. He will be fine Sunday night. Practice meh.

You have to cut off a limb to make a Manning miss a game. Thats how you know Peyton was that bad this year.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton has always said Eli was better than him,(or at least I remember him saying that)and its true. It kinda sucks if Peyton has to retire now, I never really like Peyton Manning, actually I hate Peyton Manning, but I don't would never want his career to be cut short, sucks.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor lately in Indy is that Peyton may end up retiring when all is said and done. I don't know what will happen to him. Nobody really does yet but thing are getting different with all the coaches fired (more today) and the new GM.

But, with Peyton's future being in doubt I still think it would be highly ironic if Eli wins it all in the house Peyton built with his success over his career. Peyton said years ago his prediction was that Eli would win multiple SB rings. Can't find the quote but he said it.

Like almost a passing of the torch from big brother to little brother in big brother's stadium.
Umm No comment.

Hmmm... I think Jules needs a split loyalties signature or avatar. What say you?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Peyton has always said Eli was better than him,(or at least I remember him saying that)and its true. It kinda sucks if Peyton has to retire now, I never really like Peyton Manning, actually I hate Peyton Manning, but I don't would never want his career to be cut short, sucks.

Well it's just rumors. Nothing new really. The big thing is the 28 million due. He might have to be cut if he can't prove he is 100% sooner then later and this has been going on a while now. And with the way Irsay is on a firing spree nothing would shock me now. I don't know what happens. Jeff Saturday said today he is thinking of retirement. I don't see Irsay not taking Luck. Colts missed getting Elway. They can't pass on another highly regarded Stanford QB.

I also have heard Peyton say that about Eli in the past. Peyton has been a far more consistent week to week player though. Eli has done more in more big games though sadly, well especially on the road. Peyton has also said Eli is more physically gifted.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah one thing about Manning is he has heart, Uhh there is nothing worse than watching a Q.B you can't be so efficient as calling plays at a whim, then when he gets sacked simply gets up like it was nothing. Eli has that streak too, He will be fine on Sunday, he better be. He is the leader of a playoff team afterall, Stomach Viruses be damned.

Makes you wonder what happens when a player has the Flu or something. Those Nightquill commercials with Brees always makes me wonder why no Q.B or significant player has ever missed a game because of the Flu or a cold. Then again if you are getting payed Millions, your butt better tough it out..lol

The Manning's are tough boys. A stomach bug won't hold Eli out long. He will be fine Sunday night. Practice meh.

You have to cut off a limb to make a Manning miss a game. Thats how you know Peyton was that bad this year.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Umm No comment.

Hmmm... I think Jules needs a split loyalties signature or avatar. What say you?

I have thought about it. Might do it someday. I will ask you if I do.
I just find it odd that the SB is in Indy and 3 teams left have direct ties with the Colts. The strongest is actually Baltimore with the Baltimore Colts connection. Then Eli/Peyton. Then Jim Harbaugh/Colts. Last is the Pats being the rivalry but that slowed down the last few years considerably and almost a thing of the past now if Peyton leaves.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah one thing about Manning is he has heart, Uhh there is nothing worse than watching a Q.B you can't be so efficient as calling plays at a whim, then when he gets sacked simply gets up like it was nothing. Eli has that streak too, He will be fine on Sunday, he better be. He is the leader of a playoff team afterall, Stomach Viruses be damned.

Makes you wonder what happens when a player has the Flu or something. Those Nightquill commercials with Brees always makes me wonder why no Q.B or significant player has ever missed a game because of the Flu or a cold. Then again if you are getting payed Millions, your butt better tough it out..lol

Tom Brady had a high fever in one AFCCG when the Pats beat the Steelers.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's this Nifty Signiture, Im interested...let me guess is it anti-Giants??

You mad, bro?
LMAO :roflmao:

By the way, if any of you Packer fans would like a "nifty message board signature" let me know. I'd be happy to put something together for ya.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, the league will def. be different if Manning is gone. The Pats/Colts rivalry was one of the best. Those make or break playoff games between Peyton and Brady, in the snow, some of the best NFL you'll see. NFL classic anyone..lol.

I have thought about it. Might do it someday. I will ask you if I do.
I just find it odd that the SB is in Indy and 3 teams left have direct ties with the Colts. The strongest is actually Baltimore with the Baltimore Colts connection. Then Eli/Peyton. Then Jim Harbaugh/Colts. Last is the Pats being the rivalry but that slowed down the last few years considerably and almost a thing of the past now if Peyton leaves.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am sure Peyton is rooting for the Giants to win it all. and so are many Colts fans. I heard a few weeks ago Jim Irsay was rooting for Baltimore. Many Colts fans are also going for the Niners.

lol nobody is rooting for the Pats in Indiana.

Members online

Latest posts