Why isn't there...

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Pay-Per-View NFL yet???????

Am I wrong in thinking NFL fans would pay to see select games???

I guess The NFL already makes too much money from FOX, CBS, ABC, ESPN and satellite to warrant Pay-Per-View NFL...... :-?

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's called sunday ticket, you just have to choose every single game. :(

it would be sweet if you could just get certain games. although i think that would hurt sunday ticket. living in minn, i get all packer games except when minn plays at the same time. when sunday rolls around and i have to watch the game on nfl.com live stats, i'd pay any ppv to watch it.

OP
OP
S

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They televised 10 games where I live (Joisey). I cannot see paying $200+ to see six games. Most years I get to see 3 - 5 games (plus the Sports Bar Sceen), but I hate to pay for a service I would only use for 4 months. Anyway I think the NFL would serve thier fans better if the access for select games were made easier. I'm sure they can figure a way to make money while they are at it.

If THE PACKERS decline or if Favre retires then there go the 2 or 3 MNF games every year.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i actually got all but washington and the 2nd bears game so it's by no means worth it for me.

good pt about losing mnf. sunday night espn for that matter too.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wish DirecTV would also show the pre-season games.. and how abuot some time with the Training Camps... I actually asked those guys if they would allow selection of games per week - because you would at least order two games every Sunday most times... they could at least make that the minimum, I suppose.. but the lady said they wouldn't be considering that anytime soon... and here's the thing - When I asked her about it - it was like only three weeks left in the Season.... so they turned it on for us FOR FREE all the way til it was all over...... So, Dad comes over and watches the Dolphins and I'm watchin the Packers.... Not sure when they decide such things are allowed.. is it mid-season, when is it? But anyway.... I don't think it's worth it either, when you won't get to see 14 out of 16 games...

I suppose it could be different if we start an Internet crusade....

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read somewhere last week that the NFL is thinking about starting its own network to televise games. That kind of scared me. Sounded like every game would be pay-per-view. Will see if I can find the article again.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounded like every game would be pay-per-view
They would never do that. The Sunday ticket is great. Come on guys you can't tell me that you only want to watch the Pack play. Yes they are the one game we HAVE to watch, but watching the others and looking at the other teams is great as well. I have the Sunday ticket with picture in picture on my digital box and during the commercials in Packer games I am always watching another game with the Pack game in the small window so I will know when it starts again.
Here in Canada the Sunday ticket is only $24.95Can a month and with that you get all the NFL games, all MLB games when they are on (but who cares) all the NHL games (when there is a season) and the Nascar in car. I really only watch the NFL and NHL but for that price it is great.

Later
Leopardmech

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is a pretty good deal. here's they told me that it was like $300 for the season. nfl games only. yes it would be nice to see other teams but usually cbs and fox play a good matchup anyway.

prez- do you have nfl network? they have awesome training camp coverage.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here it is $169 a month for just the Sunday ticket or $24.95 for what they call the Super Sports pack with the all the sports included which you can get for just 4 months anyhow. I don't get it but I won't complain.

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Here it is $169 a month for just the Sunday ticket or $24.95 for what they call the Super Sports pack with the all the sports included which you can get for just 4 months anyhow. I don't get it but I won't complain.
Now that's just plain wrong - what are they selling - meds at discount while ripping off Americans (again)..? Okay - LM, how about you figure out a way where we can get discount DirecTV/NFL Sunday Ticket - and everyone will definitely go for it.... Pipe it back acorss the border like everyone's doing with Canadian meds which our own Medical Companies are selling to Canada way cheaper than they will their own fellow citizens... for cry iy iy!

Well, with this information in hand - at least we can petition DirecTV for some fair and balanced offers like what our Neighbors are getting..

Guys - I've thought about getting it - but then if you take one of their package deals, you're "forced" to sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket and it ain't cheap.. plus you'd be stuck with the deal for two years.... I don't care how many TiVO's or DVD players they give ya or how many rooms you could eventually pipe the signal into - it ain't worth all that rot.

For the most part with me - I'd be down at the Headquarters anyway running things for the Club.. Maybe sometime later on down the road... who knows. For now? No way!

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read somewhere last week that the NFL is thinking about starting its own network
its been a network for two years now. watch it everyday. rich eisen is host. have former players woodson, linc kennedy, terrell davis, and other spot reporters(players). but i heard also that they may start another channel if that is what u speak of i didnt get all particulars on that.
i have had directv since 95. it used to be cheaper than cable but now is same or more in some cases. its digital and i have few problems with signal drop. only when it pours down rain and usually not for long. there are many channels that cable does not offer and you can get all local channels piped in also, and extra charge of course.
i have had the sunday ticket since 95 also. it used to be only $99. now i pay 179. i get to see my vikes every game and get to flip around when the vikes are on mon/sun night and watch what interests me, usually div. games. then try to catch close games at the end and it gets exciting to watch all the close games unfold instead of catching highlights. the better and more popular your team is the more it is on broadcast tv. i really have no complaints about my system. i dont have the TIVO, etc. but how much of this crap can you pay for?
the only reason i have all that is the football. i like other channels but the football baby, its all about the rock!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I heard,I thought that they were talking about another channel.Don't know what for? I hope for preseason games,that would be great! I don't get much of the packers in preseason on tv in pennsylvania.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the Green Bay affiliate Station (CH-5, I think) listed on our web site, so you can tune in your dish satellite receiver to the proper coords.. BIG dish, that is.. common knowledge, really. But, yeah - I would think that pre=season and training camp would be fair ground, in all regions...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts