Why is Sean Payton considered a better HC than MM?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stripped of the SB title? Come on. The bounty program wasn't "cheating", it was unethical.

I cannot imagine the nightmare precedent it would set if you actually took the Saints SB title away. Many teams had a bounty program in some form or another at some point in the SB era. Shouldn't they take the Cowboys 90's titles away then too?
Whatever the semantics of it are, I hate it when the game isn't played fairly and those who don't follow the rules or ethics should be taught a harsh lesson to send a lesson to any potential future cheaters.

I'd be interested to read about any of these other teams that you claim had a bounty program and what the Cowboys did. That's all news to me.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever the semantics of it are, I hate it when the game isn't played fairly and those who don't follow the rules or ethics should be taught a harsh lesson to send a lesson to any potential future cheaters.

I'd be interested to read about any of these other teams that you claim had a bounty program and what the Cowboys did. That's all news to me.

Darren Woodson spoke about the Cowboys bounty program in the 90's. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17603504/woodson-cowboys-had-bounty-program-in-90s

There's multiple examples of other teams. Here's one from our own.

http://deadspin.com/5953194/the-nfl...h-smash-for-cash-bounty-programs-16-years-ago

Reggie White had a bounty program called "smash for cash" in the 90's -- and it was known to the NFL and condoned. Different era, but we can't come back 14 years later to the Saints and say "Damn you, we're taking your Lombardi." They got punished, it's been clarified that it's no longer acceptable, and what's done is done. Nothing to do at this point but move on on all fronts.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So Naive...if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.

Maybe the packers D would be better if they implemented something like this. Maybe just maybe they wouldn't be so afraid to tackle someone.

The game of football will never be played fairly. You use your opponents weakness to gain an advantage, is that fair? Not really.

If say the packers find/steal the vikings playbooks, should they study them? or give them back? I say use them, because you would be an idiot not to. But according to you, that wouldn't be fair. so they would have to return them.

Every team cheats.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Naive...if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.

Maybe the packers D would be better if they implemented something like this. Maybe just maybe they wouldn't be so afraid to tackle someone.

The game of football will never be played fairly. You use your opponents weakness to gain an advantage, is that fair? Not really.

If say the packers find/steal the vikings playbooks, should they study them? or give them back? I say use them, because you would be an idiot not to. But according to you, that wouldn't be fair. so they would have to return them.

Every team cheats.
Seems like baseball handles it differently.
Pete Rose is barred from being in the HOF and players involved with the Black Sox scandal were banned for life from pro baseball.
Football needs to take a cue from this.

I just find cheating to be wrong with my sense of morals and cheating just really pushes my buttons.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but betting on your team you manage is completely different from players paying each other for hits, injuries etc. Not even close to being the same thing. Or intentionally throwing games to win at gambling.

Again what the saints did was not cheating. They didn't intentionally try to lose to gain money, they tried to hurt people(which would help them win if anything) to gain money. What the saints allegedly did (to me) didn't hurt the integrity of the game, they still played to win, they didn't try and rig the outcome. It was wrong what the saints did(allegedly), but in no way was it cheating.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but betting on your team you manage is completely different from players paying each other for hits, injuries etc. Not even close to being the same thing. Or intentionally throwing games to win at gambling.

Again what the saints did was not cheating. They didn't intentionally try to lose to gain money, they tried to hurt people(which would help them win if anything) to gain money. What the saints allegedly did (to me) didn't hurt the integrity of the game, they still played to win, they didn't try and rig the outcome. It was wrong what the saints did(allegedly), but in no way was it cheating.
Splitting hairs. Semantics. All that jazz.

According to this, they violated a bounty rule. And when a rule is violated or broken then isn't that referred to as cheating?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/nfl-finds-that-saints-violated-bounty-rule/

And yet they call themselves the Saints? Ha!
Taints is more like it.

I honestly don't know why anybody would be sticking up for what that scum did unless that person is some kind of cheater themselves.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I would call that a brain fart from a very competitive coach. One event doesn't dictate who a person is. If that were true your irrational love for Greg Olson would make you about the most insane person on this forum.:D;)

Yes, that guy is all class.

Let the Bloody Greg Olsen thing go for pity sake !!