Why do i love Charles Woodson so much??

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seriously, he is the man and deserves more than anyone DPOY. i got chills when he busted out that Heisman pose. he is the best all around CB in the game and is headed for Canton. i hope he can get a SB ring or two in GB because he deserves it.

and im not no bandwagon Charles fan either. i was a fan of his at Michigan, Oakland and now my team GB. i love you Charles. you are an awesome football player, and even better man. donating to the chilrens hospital is so awesome of you. much respect. one of my favorite players ever (regardless of team).

im so glad you came to GB. 2009 DOY, all pro, pro bowler, and future Packers and NFL HOFer.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does DOY mean?

Sorry If Im being stupid and means something really simple

DPOY = Defensive Player of the Year.

Woodson is simply a beast. He's everywhere on the field. That sack was awesome, the first interception was great, the fumble was extraordinary and that pick 6 was LEGEN...wait...DARY! Legendary!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The term "love" when referring to a professional athlete has such a stalker quality to it. ;o)

Seriously though, CW has sort of opened up a little bit this year in the media ... showing us, particularly in NE Wisconsin, what kind of man he REALLY is. I had NO idea that the guy was as well spoken as he is...intelligent... caring .... and driven. He can play football, but he's proving to be just as good of a man.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The term "love" when referring to a professional athlete has such a stalker quality to it. ;o)

Seriously though, CW has sort of opened up a little bit this year in the media ... showing us, particularly in NE Wisconsin, what kind of man he REALLY is. I had NO idea that the guy was as well spoken as he is...intelligent... caring .... and driven. He can play football, but he's proving to be just as good of a man.
He's a pro. He's gonna give 100% everytime. I also had that impression of him like he was a problematic guy, when he was in Oakland. But I've figured out that it's not the player, it's that place.

But you can see that he wants to win the SB so bad... After the second Vikings game, you could see that he was just down, feeling like it was over... But now, he has regained his intensity. Actually, he's more intense than ever. Don't know if it was self inflicted, of if the coaches for once deserve the accolades, but that's the way I see it.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The dude is a freak and just makes plays. When Calvin scored that TD on him I was thinking "He is gonna make you suckers pay for that!" And he did! I think he is a hell of a leader on D and for the secondary. They should just give him DPOY now. He'd get my vote. Clay Matthews should get Defensive rookie of the year.

He does have a neck tattoo, and that always makes me wonder about a guy's character (sorry, neck tattos are generally the domain of thugs and gang bangers).

He seems to have found a home in GB, and is playing like it. Hope he sticks around for a long time. Definitely my favorite player on our D.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson is a tremendous defensive back, and it's great to see him step up without Harris. I think Green Bay has a pretty damn good secondary.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
But now, he has regained his intensity. Actually, he's more intense than ever. Don't know if it was self inflicted, of if the coaches for once deserve the accolades, but that's the way I see it.

Intensity is such a good word for the look in the guy's eyes. ...sort of like mine today...no Packers for two consecutive Sundays. It just ain't right I tell ya....

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it earlier. Hes a PRO. Makes plays and calls it a day. No showboating, no smack talk, hes simply a pro. He deserves a SB, DPOY (it will be close this year and woody is at the top thankfully) and Canton.

CheeseHead88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so true. I was a HUGE fan of Woodson at Michigan, he was simply electrifying. Even to this day, winning the Heisman as a CB is one of the greatest individual accomplishments any player has achieved in college football, that is such a rare thing to do.

Obviously, he hasn't had a problem translating that success and talent to the pro's. He was great at Oakland, great on Madden (LOL), and now great at Green Bay. I am really happy for him, I hope he can win a championship before he retires. Hopefully he can achieve that here with our Packers!!!

echizen20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Woodson, he's one of my favorite CBs in the NFL. He has been playing great this year and certainly should be mentioned in the DPOY race. I would pick him over D.Sharper at this time. I think it will come down to J.allen, woodson, or sharper. It all depends on who finishes out stronger.

Members online

Latest posts