Whose Renewing Season Tickets?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are one of the most successful teams in the NFL o er TTs tenure. He deserves respect and appreciation. Those who continually ridicule are under the impression the Packers are the inly team that is trying to win it and its.a.simple matter to decide to win a SB. Their expectations are unrealistic and their behavior is that of spoiled children.

I realize the other guys are trying to win it, too. The difference is that the Packers are MY guys, and I want them to succeed. I realize it's not simple to win it, but (see previous sentence).

Expectations are, indeed, what it's all about. And, for the past six years, I don't think many could argue with a straight face that it wasn't realistic to expect a Lombardi - not six in a row, but one. I'm pretty sure the *****ing level would be much lower if there had been another real trophy in the case since 2010.

As always, I wish someone would use a difference adjective than 'spoiled'. Spoiled, IMO, is getting everything you want or ask for, and those of us hungering for at least another SB before our run of HOF QBs runs out certainly haven't gotten that - only the knowledge that our team now owns the record for consecutive playoff seasons without a SB appearance. Some might consider spoiled to just have lots more of something than the other kids, but if it's not something the recipient considers desirable, I don't buy it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He renewed them after a guy agreed to take them off his hands for 3x face value .
And this is exactly why the waiting list never ever seems to move. Instead of giving up his tickets, your uncle found he could just resell them at a tidy profit. Theoretically to someone quite a way down the list who will never get his own season tickets in his lifetime because of people like your uncle.
ETA: If I were your uncle, I'd probably do the same thing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup.....some Packer fans complain about tickets being "over priced" when in reality, the demand is so high, people like "uncle" can profit by reselling and getting triple the face value. As with any product, the value is what the market will bare. In the case of Packer Season tickets, I don't think the Packer Organization would have a problem selling out every game and still have a waiting list, even if they were charging the highest average game ticket price in the league, $132 (Bears). Currently, the Packers are sitting at the 13th highest average ticket price ( $94.50)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize the other guys are trying to win it, too. The difference is that the Packers are MY guys, and I want them to succeed. I realize it's not simple to win it, but (see previous sentence).

Expectations are, indeed, what it's all about. And, for the past six years, I don't think many could argue with a straight face that it wasn't realistic to expect a Lombardi - not six in a row, but one. I'm pretty sure the *****ing level would be much lower if there had been another real trophy in the case since 2010.

As always, I wish someone would use a difference adjective than 'spoiled'. Spoiled, IMO, is getting everything you want or ask for, and those of us hungering for at least another SB before our run of HOF QBs runs out certainly haven't gotten that - only the knowledge that our team now owns the record for consecutive playoff seasons without a SB appearance. Some might consider spoiled to just have lots more of something than the other kids, but if it's not something the recipient considers desirable, I don't buy it.
we have different definitions of spoiled.... to me it's not appreciating what you have, but instead always wanting more. Especially when what you have is far more than what most others have.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have different definitions of spoiled.... to me it's not appreciating what you have, but instead always wanting more. Especially when what you have is far more than what most others have.

Same problem as is usual here and on other sports forums - definitions and semantics. We're not all the far apart, and I've explained my thoughts on 'spoiled'. I'd call your description more 'unappreciative' or perhaps 'greedy', to which I readily admit. I don't want the Pack to deliver my fair share, I want more - heck I want it all. :) If I get it, and then I'm not happy, I'm probably spoiled.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts