Whose Renewing Season Tickets?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, it'd be so much easier on some of us to not expect more from a team that set a record for consecutive playoffs without a SB appearance. Be happy with our Playoff Participation trophies when rooting for a team with perhaps the best player ever at the most important position?
because of course it would be so much more fun to be a Browns fan. I remember rooting for the Pack in the 70s and 80s, sure I'd love some more Superbowls, but I'm not crying over watching a team that is relevant each and every year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best player ever? Rodgers holds into the ball too long sometimes. We should trade him and see what we have in his backup. Dont like that? Then I guess you are happy with not winning the superbowl. We need to find perfection in a Qb and not settle for someone not a complete and perfect player.
Apparently your satirical response was lost on many.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Even though I find this story hard to believe, there may be people out there who would actually do such a thing. Craziness, if I ever got ahold of season tickets it would take someone prying them out of my cold, dead hands to give em up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I kind of understand fans being disappointed in the way the Packers treat their fans public relation wise as the team doesn't have the feel of a community owned franchise anymore as Murphy, Thompson, McCarthy or the players hardly interact with the owners.

Don't get me wrong if I had season tickets I would for sure renew them every single season but I get the idea of some other fans, especially the ones being around for the Harlan, Wolf and Holmgren era, being disappointed in the Packers having lost that small town charm a bit it had during the 1990s.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of understand fans being disappointed in the way the Packers treat their fans public relation wise as the team doesn't have the feel of a community owned franchise anymore as Murphy, Thompson, McCarthy or the players hardly interact with the owners.

Don't get me wrong if I had season tickets I would for sure renew them every single season but I get the idea of some other fans, especially the ones being around for the Harlan, Wolf and Holmgren era, being disappointed in the Packers having lost that small town charm a bit it had during the 1990s.
Gosh, you think? And who is responsible for that?

Packer management is restricted to what they do in their personal lives thanks to the Anti-TT crowd. The vile stupid hatred ignorance has definitely changed the feel and atmosphere of Green Bay. So, you think it doesn't have an effect?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because of course it would be so much more fun to be a Browns fan. I remember rooting for the Pack in the 70s and 80s, sure I'd love some more Superbowls, but I'm not crying over watching a team that is relevant each and every year.

One of the reasons for my position is that I, too, watched during the Gory Years, but that was after the Lombardi era, following the train wreck of the late '50s. These things runs in cycles for nearly every team, and after two decades of HOF-type QBs, I'm wondering what I'll have to cling to during the next down time. The '60s kept me going until Favre arrived, but I doubt if the last two SBs will be enough for me if the team goes south without winning another one.

Another reason is precisely because they're 'relevant' each and every year. To me, that means they've got a good shot at the only prize that counts. As of this year, I believe they now hold the record for making-the-playoffs futility, having been there six consecutive times without a SB appearance. Expectations are important, to me, and that's why the '70s and '80s didn't bother me nearly as much as some - I knew, going in, that a championship wasn't happening, so winning the 'this game is their SB' contest was enough.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I really do wish I could be happy with the Playoff Participation trophies, but I can't - personal problem, I know. Like (I believe) most Packer fans, I can quote chapter and verse on their NFL championships and SBs, but, outside of very recent experiences, I have to research years in which they had winning records, division championships, et. al.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packer management is restricted to what they do in their personal lives thanks to the Anti-TT crowd. The vile stupid hatred ignorance has definitely changed the feel and atmosphere of Green Bay. So, you think it doesn't have an effect?

I've been critical of Ted Thompson when needed, but I would have to agree the rabidness of some fans here has gotten out of control.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's something I'll say. I really, and I mean really don't believe the NFL could survive without teams like the Packers and Steelers who have some of the deepest rooted traditions in the league.

Now ... I don't by any means find our team boring, and every year even despite disappointments I still find it fun to turn on that TV every Sunday and watch the Pack. Would also be a season ticket holder if I lived in Green Bay and had just a little more money in my pocket.

That being said, I do hear things year after year lately about Lambeau Field seemingly not having the loudness it's had in the past and having a lot of opposing fans in attendance as well. I'm not there so I don't really know what the overall vibe in that regards is, but maybe some people here are seeing that. I'm certain too different people have their own prognostications about why that is.

I'll give some people that thing about personality. Our team of the 90s did have a lot of that, from Reggie White to Dorsey Levens and to some of our big hogs up front like Aaron Taylor and Ross Verba. Plus who couldn't love watching the chance that our MVP returner Desmond Howard just might be about to bust a BIG return all the way to the house and get the lambeau leap. So having said that, might the apathy that some have felt about this team have a correlation to any of the following:

Has the importance of the Lambeau leap gone a little by the wayside in recent years? I know it was somewhat of a novelty in the 90s because Leroy Butler practically invented it, but having been in effect for over 20 years TV and radio commentators understandably don't get so excited about it now. Perhaps maybe us fans and maybe players aren't feeling the thrill of it at the moment?

Part of it could also be how the NFL game has changed over the years and injuries. Let's not kid ourselves, the game today is just not what it was in the 90s and a lot of fans all over the league these days have felt it's starting to go the way of the NBA. I especially put a problem of injuries as something that has really put the brakes on fun in the league these days. There have always been injuries, but back in the 90s and early 2000s you never saw them pile up at the rates that you do today. Injuries throughout games slow them down and take the fun out of them. And our injury bug on this team gets to be a tired line.

While this team is always going to keep its legacy year in and year out, the changes in the league still affect us too. And yes, ticket prices along with prices of everything else I see go up year after year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been critical of Ted Thompson when needed, but I would have to agree the rabidness of some fans here has gotten out of control.

Wow, didn't know the situation has gotten to that point. The only time I remember anything actually potentially connected to fan reaction was Sherman's dog. Haven't seen anything lately that notes anyone on the team is concerned in their personal lives, as AmishMafia stated. Are there news stories or quotes that we can go to in order to see what's happening? My contention has always been that what we say 'here' (unless the above means GB, not the forum) makes absolutely no difference to anyone associated with the Packers, just other posters. Could we get some follow-up information?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't get to Lambeau all that often, but I was at the Seahawks game this year and the crowd seemed pretty dialed in, but a bit less than I remember back in the late 90's. I also support the Wisconsin Badgers and for years attended every home game. What I noticed with Badger fans and it probably applies to Packer fans, the current teams are usually expected to win, especially at home. So wins and "expected plays" aren't quite as surprising/exciting as they once were, when many fans attended just hoping for a win and going nuts when that was a possibility. On the other side of that coin, a loss or poor play is totally not expected and viewed by some fans as a big disappointment in players/coaches.

Expectations play a big factor in people's emotions. I see it on this board, some fans expect nothing less than a Super Bowl for the Packers each season and anything that falls short of that is a disappointment. Hard to not admit that Packers fans have kind of been spoiled by winning teams in Green Bay for the last 20+ years, so for some, getting overly excited about a regular season win over the Rival Bears, Lions or Vikings is "just another win at home".

Nothing wrong with expecting your team to win, but there is also nothing wrong with accepting the fact that they can't and won't win them all.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, it'd be so much easier on some of us to not expect more from a team that set a record for consecutive playoffs without a SB appearance. Be happy with our Playoff Participation trophies when rooting for a team with perhaps the best player ever at the most important position?

What your getting at is a far cry from calling the Packers boring after a season that was literally anything but though.

I won't even touch the status quo arguments anymore as they've been beaten to death and I view them as asinine

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly agree it wasn't boring.

I can accept alternative definitions of recent Packer history, but status quo means the existing state of affairs, and that seems to fit six consecutive seasons of qualifying for the playoffs and exiting with a loss.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really weird time to give up season tickets considering we have one of the best QBs ever for another 6 or more years.

I sure wouldn't give away a chance to watch a lot more of his career in person.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My uncle lives in Appleton. He made the decision not to renew his three seats. He also knows of many others not planning to renew. The increases, status quo, boring team has led to these decisions.
PM me his personal info. I'll contact my lawyer to draw up a binding agreement to purchase his season tickets, including playoffs, at face value.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
OK. So some guy doesn't want to lay out a lot of money for his own reasons. Good for him. No skin off my nose. He can spend and pontificate as much as he wants ... as long as he doesn't get in my face.

By and large, under those circumstances, I don't give a rat's hairy behind what other people do...or their reasons for same.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And do you think the criticism is unwarranted ?.
Packers are one of the most successful teams in the NFL o er TTs tenure. He deserves respect and appreciation. Those who continually ridicule are under the impression the Packers are the inly team that is trying to win it and its.a.simple matter to decide to win a SB. Their expectations are unrealistic and their behavior is that of spoiled children.

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My uncle was able to sell off his tickets next year for three times face value. Guess there is a god out there lol.

I realize the Packers put a good product on the field. Wins and losses that is. My concerns have and will be TT .

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My uncle was able to sell off his tickets next year for three times face value. Guess there is a god out there lol.

I realize the Packers put a good product on the field. Wins and losses that is. My concerns have and will be TT .

How does he both not renew them and sell them?

D

Deleted member 6794

True, it's the fans fault. Thompson was accessible to Packers supporters and candid with the media when he arrived in Green Bay but the fans hatred made him change his approach. :rolleyes:

You gotta be f****** kidding!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts